This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a bunch of new outfits for the girls, and a pallet of bleach. I also bought a pallet of cheap whiskey and some pint water bottles to fill and sell.

cheap booze gets you cheap azz deadbeats with nothing worthwhile to barter/trade - and - likely to find most unethical & willing to kill your azz rather than pay ...

get top shelf booze that the country club alkies will be wanting - that crowd will have crap worthwhile having and they'll be looking for a reliable drug dealer ....

My aunt's a country club alkie. She hides bottles of cheap vodka in the hamper.

The thing about chemical dependency is, when SHTF, they're not gonna care whether it's top shelf or bottom. They'll drink paint thinner if they have to. It's about feeding the craving, not enjoying yourself.

LOVE the whisky idea so i think im gonna buy me a STILL!!!!
I make wine regularly here and have dabbled with beer a couole times. Keep in mind though that to even make one drop of distilled alcohol is a major crime. We’re talking more punishable than rape and murder in some cases..... luckily I don’t like the taste of liquor.

My aunt's a country club alkie. She hides bottles of cheap vodka in the hamper.

The thing about chemical dependency is, when SHTF, they're not gonna care whether it's top shelf or bottom. They'll drink paint thinner if they have to. It's about feeding the craving, not enjoying yourself.

the Richie Richs will always fly 1st Class when there's seat open and they look at wealth as something replaceable >> if you want to go the profit $$$ making route in a SHTF - dealing with that crowd is the eaziest path - if you keep track of dealings good chance they'll buy their bartered good back ....

It isn't worth arguing about.

Rich people generally don't get rich by being stupid. Yeah, they'll fly 1st class...out of the country. They have planes, boats, passports, and goods to grease the wheels. Doesn't matter whether it's 1910s Russia or 1950's Cuba or 2010's Venezuela- if you have the means to leave socioeconomic strife, you do.

You're going to be dealing with the leftovers. If they have the means to pay for your high-end liquor, they have the means to pay thugs to take your high-end liquor. I'd rather deal with one drunk yokel then four sober henchmen.

It isn't worth arguing about.

Rich people generally don't get rich by being stupid. Yeah, they'll fly 1st class...out of the country. They have planes, boats, passports, and goods to grease the wheels. Doesn't matter whether it's 1910s Russia or 1950's Cuba or 2010's Venezuela- if you have the means to leave socioeconomic strife, you do.

You're going to be dealing with the leftovers. If they have the means to pay for your high-end liquor, they have the means to pay thugs to take your high-end liquor. I'd rather deal with one drunk yokel then four sober henchmen.

then argues it anyway......

run along

my googles should arrive this week, something to keep in my edc,just to protect my eyes, added a sturdier blade too,some pain meds to my IFAK, gave every compartment and extra pouch a letter, so if need comes, I can just say ; open B,C or D and give the stuff to me,

Gave away the green flashlight I showed on another thread with rechargeable batteries which were plugged into the wall socket, to the neighbors son who works in the local prison and only had a joke of a flashlight with the old bulbs and alkalines...found a replacement of the same type, with a USB recharger plug which I can do in the car, solar or with my Mobile Telephone recharger battery which is also USB charged and solar charged. It had a 4400mAh Li-ion battery in it which is like 3 AAA batteries with each 1600mAh (non-existant) and I got two spares with a whopping 8800 mAh for only $4.00 extra!! All into the EDC and all together for only $22.00 (€ 20).
I like the idea of the A/B/C on the pouches Jon!!
PS: I have single letters on the small cigar tubes in my EDC, with a "S" for- Smoke-bomb, "R" for Rocket-flares, and "F" for Firework.
I can shoot flares 150 feet high for nighttime rescue, make orange smoke for daytime rescue and set off fireworks for an echo in the mountains to make myself at least heard.

Last edited:
I make wine regularly here and have dabbled with beer a couole times. Keep in mind though that to even make one drop of distilled alcohol is a major crime. We’re talking more punishable than rape and murder in some cases..... luckily I don’t like the taste of liquor.
Where do you get your grapes from? Just curious

got my googles today, nice fit, low profile,had to open the pack at the post office and give 'em a try, quite nice in the blizzard not gettin' that snow in my eyes and glasses fogged up.

Where do you get your grapes from? Just curious
I have about 70 grape vines on the front of the property. Several different types of muscadines and some Concordes. The muscadines are amazingly hearty vines with almost no maintenance. My kind of plants. The wines flavors have become my favorite now. I get so many grapes each fall that I freeze a lot of them to make wine later on as I get too many. I can’t tell any difference in the wines from the fresh grapes vs the frozen ones at all

Last edited:
I've been tea total for the last 20 years, the last thing I'll be buying is some booze to trade with (wont be trading full stop).
I'd like to trade with those I do now, my adjacent neighbors, but the reality is as soon as they get the sense that I have more than they do, trouble will set in. Trading if you desperately need something sure, but otherwise forget it! The crap they depict in movies is just that.

Latest posts

Back