This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very possible. My wife went down to the pump house this morning and came face to face with that ugly black bastard (the bull).
You both need to be carrying. . That bull is dangerous and needs off your property one way or another before he hurts another person, animal or damages any more property. We have a backhoe if ya want to borrow. Shoot the bull, dig a hole and bury his butt!

You both need to be carrying. . That bull is dangerous and needs off your property one way or another before he hurts another person, animal or damages any more property. We have a backhoe if ya want to borrow. Shoot the bull, dig a hole and bury his butt!

I'm with you Dani never trust a bull and never turn your back on one.

I'm with you Dani never trust a bull and never turn your back on one.
I don't even trust our bull. . . though I dont consider Charlie dangerous, he does like to get behind and nudge you along if he thinks your moving too slow. Doesn't know his own strength which could hurt you.

This one that Mr & Mrs Arctic are having to 'live with' is down right wild and mean as hell by the sounds of it and could have killed that boy helping. I'm not used to working with range cattle. . All of ours are used to being handled. That makes a difference.

Maybe they could have some extra meat.

The good news is the owner of the Ugly Black Bastard (aka bull) took him to a slughter house today. They won't say why but I suspect that he's caused more damage. Good riddence.

Should have found someone willing to pay to hunt "dangerous game" LOL.

Still working the garden. Looks like we found something that grows pretty good here we can make money on, which is good as it is looking like there is no job to go back to. It's cool, our needs are low. Glad to have had this time being unemployed to work on these things.

Also acquired a new toy, a vintage camper. Has multiple purposes. Gives us something to work on, and will be used for bug out if needed. If nothing else there is a following for them and can make money on it later after rehabbing it. Heck, with the talks of the coming housing crisis many may be looking for alternative housing. We'll see.

Still working the garden. Looks like we found something that grows pretty good here we can make money on, which is good as it is looking like there is no job to go back to. It's cool, our needs are low. Glad to have had this time being unemployed to work on these things.

Also acquired a new toy, a vintage camper. Has multiple purposes. Gives us something to work on, and will be used for bug out if needed. If nothing else there is a following for them and can make money on it later after rehabbing it. Heck, with the talks of the coming housing crisis many may be looking for alternative housing. We'll see.

Celeree campers seem to be somewhat of a hot item around here right now. Selling like hot cakes.

Celeree campers seem to be somewhat of a hot item around here right now. Selling like hot cakes.
Last Fall I left my lower gate unlocked because I was expecting someone to come up and do some work for me. It was closed and "dummy" locked. When I came home I found a huge motor home with a trailer load of 4 wheelers setting up camp in a grove of trees behind that gate. I found the owner and "nicely" told him he had 10 mins to get his shit out of there before I locked the gate. He said he was having mechanical problems and couldn't move it. Being that I'm such a nice guy I offered to get my tractor and drag it out to the county road. Amazingly he got it running and left.
My point here is that I hate campers and camping. Espicilly when they're squatting where they shouldn't be.

Good afternoon all it's another hot day here in CT. Am off from work today which is a plus been working a lot none stop. After wife and son woke up we went on a family outing for lunch. Then went shopping at a couple different stores.

First stop was to home depot brought a

husky folding lock-back utility knife (3-pack) and 3 dispenser (100- packs to go with them

Stanley 4-way pen screw driver

couple packs of light bulbs. Had to replace burned out bulb for porch and kitchen

couple packs of batteries of all sizes. for the Xbox controller and for our flash lights

cabinet knobs- so i could replace broken ones in pantry and basement

2nd stop was to cvs

had to restock up on over the counter meds and other medical stuff for out bobs.

then last stop was to our grocery store I work at so we could save money from my discounts and our stores reward loyalty program brought

x3 cases of 24pk of water

x1 bottle of 32 oz apple cider vinegar

couple cans of pork & beans and beefaroni's

x1 box of 32 can cat foods

couple bags of frozen veggie's

rice

then after shopping went home wife started to add our new foods and drinks to our stock piles and rotated food around. I changed out the bulbs on the porch and in kitchen. I fixed the knobs on the cabinet's in pantry and in basement.

as I had some material over and time, I made "sling" like this for my 10/22
1596225159729.png

Ordered 4 new 55gal water barrels (blue) I have 4 downstairs and the new order would give me 8, I already have 6 in the barn and 8 in the stable, this is in conjunction with a 1500gal rain catchment system, For a good while I've been worried my holding tanks would become contaminated if either Saint Helens or Mt. Adams blew so I started buying the 55gal barrels as a backup to the catchment and Well failure. I know what ash does to gas motors so I have to plan for simultaneous catchment, creek contamination and generator failure.

Been volunchosen to serve as the logistical and risk management officer for a npo fundraiser, summer 2021.
Learning Zoom. Will be used as a layer of safety between school district admin and staff.
Rebuilding the chainsaw.
Upgrading the rain water collection system and UDDT...

Ordered 4 new 55gal water barrels (blue) I have 4 downstairs and the new order would give me 8, I already have 6 in the barn and 8 in the stable, this is in conjunction with a 1500gal rain catchment system, For a good while I've been worried my holding tanks would become contaminated if either Saint Helens or Mt. Adams blew so I started buying the 55gal barrels as a backup to the catchment and Well failure. I know what ash does to gas motors so I have to plan for simultaneous catchment, creek contamination and generator failure.

Remember that day well, that gritty ash did in a lot of vehicles. Make sure your homeowners insurance policy covers that issue. May need to consider a rider if not...

Last Fall I left my lower gate unlocked because I was expecting someone to come up and do some work for me. It was closed and "dummy" locked. When I came home I found a huge motor home with a trailer load of 4 wheelers setting up camp in a grove of trees behind that gate. I found the owner and "nicely" told him he had 10 mins to get his shit out of there before I locked the gate. He said he was having mechanical problems and couldn't move it. Being that I'm such a nice guy I offered to get my tractor and drag it out to the county road. Amazingly he got it running and left.
My point here is that I hate campers and camping. Espicilly when they're squatting where they shouldn't be.
Camping is great in the right place. It's a great way to practice wilderness survival skills. But too many campers are irresponsible and don't care about where they go or what they do. Campers and RVs are really for "glamping" though, not real camping.

Latest posts

Back