This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You laugh, but I take a little inspiration from that show. I used to love it, though it can be 'out there' for me.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm working on water storage, myself.

WOW!!! I feel like such a slacker, all Ive done is mow the yard and take the family to the lake and played on the jet skis. I guess I need to get busy.....I at least watched on old episode of Doomsday Preppers, if that counts for anything.

The fact he wants a finger print to be able to pull the trigger is stupid. What about a household of people. If the gun is only for my husband, this means I can't pick it up because it is the closer weapon to defend myself?? Or what about my son? His outline for fun control just doesn't make sense.

I've always thought the whole bio-lock sensors on guns is one of those things that's a great idea. . . in theory. But in practical reality it is terrible and if any one would think for a few minutes they would know this. It's not just a problem with sharing a gun between family members. My finger prints get rubbed off when I use strong cleaners on the oven or stove, or if you get burned they can get damaged too. What if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves when I get attacked? Excuse me bad guy I need to take off my gloves so I can shoot you! Also I'm assuming this would require some type of electronics to work, which can be hacked, and electronics in general tend to malfunction at the most inopportune times. I think Joe Biden was just told to say certain things so he said them, he probably doesn't even know exactly what he's talking about.

I've always thought the whole bio-lock sensors on guns is one of those things that's a great idea. . . in theory. But in practical reality it is terrible and if any one would think for a few minutes they would know this. It's not just a problem with sharing a gun between family members. My finger prints get rubbed off when I use strong cleaners on the oven or stove, or if you get burned they can get damaged too. What if it's cold and I'm wearing gloves when I get attacked? Excuse me bad guy I need to take off my gloves so I can shoot you! Also I'm assuming this would require some type of electronics to work, which can be hacked, and electronics in general tend to malfunction at the most inopportune times. I think Joe Biden was just told to say certain things so he said them, he probably doesn't even know exactly what he's talking about.
We use finger prints to clock in and out at work. Right after you wash your hands you are not able to clock because the oils off your hands are not there, so you have to run your forehead first. Or if your hands are wet because it is raining outside, you first need to run your finger on the drywall. . .

I'm getting a new solar charger. It has 5 or six solar panels and can fold up to go in my edc.

An older picture, since expanded it, I'm use Goal Zero panels and charger.

Clipboard01.jpg

Today I had grand plans to work on the garden and solar setup. I actually got all the parts I needed to finish it up now. We did a 12 hr day yesterday digging and pouring concrete and I pretty much was a recovering bum all day. I’m hoping to get an early start in the garden tomorrow And then work on the solar. I just don’t have the energy I used to have,,l,

I'm prepared for hurricanes. All my gasoline storage is full and my propane tanks have been topped off. I just hooked up my new generator.

We have a whole house Generac too. With lots of propane for it. Do you have a plan how to make it less noisy should that be necessary?

Placed an order to top up OTC medicines. I have been unable to replace what we've used for some time and I usually replace as we use items, haven't been able to do that in a while.. First the paracetamol was missing, then ibuprofen. Both are still rationed in some shops so I've been waiting for the pharmacy I use online to have fresh stock.

We have a whole house Generac too. With lots of propane for it. Do you have a plan how to make it less noisy should that be necessary?
The noise was a factor in me deciding to bite the bullet on adding off grid solar here. That and the possibility of propane being difficult to get during an emergency. I have a whole house generator with 500 gallons of propane still too though. I just wanted a backup for my backup....

The noise was a factor in me deciding to bite the bullet on adding off grid solar here. That and the possibility of propane being difficult to get during an emergency. I have a whole house generator with 500 gallons of propane still too though. I just wanted a backup for my backup....

Personally, I think you chose very smartly! My hubby wanted the Generac and I wanted the solar set up. We are still doing a solar set up, but he has a list a mile long before he gets to it. Hoping our time doesn’t run out before we get it done. It seems one can feel the anger in the air these days. Not at home, but in more populated areas.

Latest posts

Back