This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunny has cut down a lot of dead wood around the property the last few months. Right now he has been bringing the trunks to our log splitting area. We have plenty of firewood right now, but he always says you can never have enough. Let’s just say I know what he has planned for us in the very near future.

I got freezer rotated also, pulled out some fresh vacuum packed carrots, corn, peas and threw in a pot of chicken stew I put in crock pot, made homemade bread all by myself! I'm not a baker and don't really enjoy baking even though I love cooking. I found a no knead sandwich bread recipe on you tube..ther'es a lot available but i used the one from...Mary's Nest. Made 2 pans! Turned out not perfect looking but decent and I was able to slice it like sandwich bread so good enough. Kitchen smells great! I vacuum sealed extra apples I had left over from a week or so ago n put in freezer, I've got liquid left over from pickles I did last weekend, so picked up some small cukes yesterday to use that up. A piddle work weekend.

Almost done building the garbage shed, just need to get some siding and put the roof on. This shed will keep the bears out of the trash.
I started sorting out my trapping gear and made up a resupply list to order next week. I'll start boiling and dying my traps tomorrow. I'll probably start setting out my trap line in a couple of weeks.
Now that its cooled off some I've been smoking cheese, peppers, tomatoes and chicken in the smoke house.
Next week I'm going down to the lumber yard and pick up the materials to finish the new meat bird coop.
I built our first fire in the wood stove this morning. It felt pretty nice, and the dogs loved it.

right now I am canning. My freezer died so I had a bunch of food defrost. So I broke out the pressure canner and cooked up stuff.
I found a new "life support meal" that I also bought. Already have a bunch of food and survival supplies stocked, weapons and ammo.

Been challenging to find reloading supplies, but I managed to find enough.. Been doing some target practice now that the temps in AZ are coming down. Trying to sell some rental property, will likely try to convert into land for a bunker in the near future. The only good thing with the economy crashing is the prices of building supplies should start to drop as the housing market slows.

Been organizing and cleaning my shop in the barn. Actually making a dent in it this time.
Making sure electrical box has outlets, switches, breakers, tape, wire etc.
The plumbing boxes have solder, fittings, PVC glue, PVC fittings etc.
Fishing rod holder on a wall, gun rack for the air rifle.
Maybe I will actually organize the hand tools once I get all the parts put in their spot. 4 years ago when moving I dumped the tool chest and been too busy to to get it straightened out. After 30 years it needed a new organization system.

Been organizing and cleaning my shop in the barn. Actually making a dent in it this time.
Making sure electrical box has outlets, switches, breakers, tape, wire etc.
The plumbing boxes have solder, fittings, PVC glue, PVC fittings etc.
Fishing rod holder on a wall, gun rack for the air rifle.
Maybe I will actually organize the hand tools once I get all the parts put in their spot. 4 years ago when moving I dumped the tool chest and been too busy to to get it straightened out. After 30 years it needed a new organization system.
I sure know that feeling, just sold my parents house and had to move my shop, have a 40 by 120 building full of supplys and tools now

When my Dad passed away, mom wanted everything out of her garage. Hunny and I ended up cleaning it out and brought everything to our shop. Then when Granny moved in, again cleaned out her garage and shed out back to add into what we had and so basically we now have pretty much 3 of all kinds of tools. Not a bad thing at all.

I sure know that feeling, just sold my parents house and had to move my shop, have a 40 by 120 building full of supplys and tools now
I found Banker boxes and shelving units a good way to store parts. The sharpie label had faded and I had to rewrite what’s in there.
It’s handy to grab the electrical box and have some electrical tools in there to do the job. But everyone has there own system.

I finished stacking a trailer of wood I split last week. Red, white and black oak, some pecan on the end. One of 3 trailer loads.

Attachments

• 20221010_181226.jpg
    20221010_181226.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
When my Dad passed away, mom wanted everything out of her garage. Hunny and I ended up cleaning it out and brought everything to our shop. Then when Granny moved in, again cleaned out her garage and shed out back to add into what we had and so basically we now have pretty much 3 of all kinds of tools. Not a bad thing at all.
Yall sound like us, we had same thing, it will take me years to get all this stuff straightened out!
I finished stack a trailer of wood I split last week. Red, white and black oak, some pecan on the end. One of 3 trailer loads.
Purchased me a new elec battery powered chainsaw today, STIHL makes a really well built one>

Yall sound like us, we had same thing, it will take me years to get all this stuff straightened out!

Purchased me a new elec battery powered chainsaw today, STIHL makes a really well built one>
What volt and amp is the battery? I have been looking to keep one in my truck because s dot sucks at keeping fallen trees out of the road in the rule areas in live and work.

What volt and amp is the battery? I have been looking to keep one in my truck because s dot sucks at keeping fallen trees out of the road in the rule areas in live and work.
Cant say much for the amp and volts, i know the batterys interchangeable with other STIHL products and it holds up well, I live in country too and have same prob with DOT, Most people around me just take care of the problem ourselves.

I got 12 new chickens this past saturday...10 wks old..my others I think have finally aged out on me and last new ones I got 2-3 months ago are still not laying regularly. Been getting only 1-2 eggs a day max. I canned a few more jars of pickles and made a few make ahead dinners for freezer. Gonna can sausage this weekend, make more bread and will figure out tomorrow what else for this coming weekend. Been trying to do daily stretching and walking every eve after work. Sitting all day long 10-12 hours for work a day is killing me. I have a hard time making myself take a break to get up n move. My cervical spine is giving me pain from back of neck up into my head..excruciating this week, which is new and Ibuprofen working only about 1-2 hours relief, then it comes back... thoracic is tight as a drum. Waking up in middle of night with right arm numb all the way down into my fingers from cervical (which is actually very uncomfortable and giving me insomnia). I used to be able to shake it off holding my arm straight up but that's no longer working..then theres the lumbar issue/s.and i think sciatica.. Im flipping falling apart! I need an all around physical and my vision checked...maybe a couple/3 x-rays or mri's...sucks getting older! But overall, im good shape! Haa! Haven't been to doctor in about 7 years..might be time for a check up! Lol.
Lord, I hope I'm not pregnant! 😂 ROFLMAO🤣

I use a Kobalt 80amp and love it. But I have almost the complete system blower, string trimmer, pole saw and more.
I keep it in the basket on the tractor with a couple batteries.
Only downfall- no case to contain bar oil that would always leak out in your truck. My wife keeps a Makita reciprocating saw in her car.

Latest posts

Back