This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have tons of large bags for garbage, tons of ZipLoc bags of all sizes and a variety of other plastic bags. But suddenly realized we had not bought the smaller ones for the camping "toilet" if we can't flush the regular toilet anymore. We have some plans & materials to build an outhouse, but won't want to go to the trouble to build that unless things get REALLY bad. My husband isn't really into construction work, but the reality of a big guy like him teetering on a 5-gallon bucket toilet may just change his mind. LOL
Anyone has to have a plan for SHTF for garbage And waste.
Wife‘s recycling ideals may come back into play. But cardboard and paper is going in the burn barrel.
Glass, cans and plastics in bags can be stored without much attraction to critters.they may come in handy later.
The 5 gallon buckets, I am not a fan of plastic linings. I was thinking more of scent deterrant around the perimeter For predators. But I could see how deep I could dig with the tractor.
Different thoughts, but everyone need this plan.

I saw an interview where the guy was saying there is rumor of “them” turning off the electric for a period of time in August. Reason? To ruin all our preps in our freezers!

Prepare for this happening folks!

Just another sign that the NWO has and still is preparing the battlefield in their favor!!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!

We have tons of large bags for garbage, tons of ZipLoc bags of all sizes and a variety of other plastic bags. But suddenly realized we had not bought the smaller ones for the camping "toilet" if we can't flush the regular toilet anymore. We have some plans & materials to build an outhouse, but won't want to go to the trouble to build that unless things get REALLY bad. My husband isn't really into construction work, but the reality of a big guy like him teetering on a 5-gallon bucket toilet may just change his mind. LOL
We have 2 out houses, one behind the fur shed that I built, and an old one up by the original barn site. I was planning on burning the old one down, but it has come in handy more than a few times.

Anyone has to have a plan for SHTF for garbage And waste.
Wife‘s recycling ideals may come back into play. But cardboard and paper is going in the burn barrel.
Glass, cans and plastics in bags can be stored without much attraction to critters.they may come in handy later.
The 5 gallon buckets, I am not a fan of plastic linings. I was thinking more of scent deterrant around the perimeter For predators. But I could see how deep I could dig with the tractor.
Different thoughts, but everyone need this plan.
Anything that will burn goes in to the burn barrel. Until summer anyway, then everything goes to the landfill about 30 miles south.
After SHTF we'll burn anything that will burn then dig a hole with the tractor and bury the rest. If there's no fuel for the tractor, we'll just dump the non burnables over a steep bank.

Mossberg 500 Youth model in 20 gauge. She should be able to handle that with ease. 7/8 oz of 7.5 shot will definitely pepper any rattler out there.
I'm 5'2" with short arms and this is what I have. I'm not really a gun person but like to be competent in case I need to shoot something. I don't have any problems handling youth size, whereas a full size shotgun feels bulky and gets heavy on my arms very quickly.

Standard operating procedure at the BOL already. We have buried two doublewide house trailers.

Yep...
Trash holes are common in the boonies. No telling how many tons of crap are buried in rural areas across the country.
Had one in Junction and rather than bury it over we had a guy come out with a track hoe and a dump truck and empty it.
We did that for two reasons. One it was full and two we wanted to see what was in the bottom layers.
It was like an archaeological dig,the deeper you went the cooler the stuff we found.

Yep...
Trash holes are common in the boonies. No telling how many tons of crap are buried in rural areas across the country.
Had one in Junction and rather than bury it over we had a guy come out with a track hoe and a dump truck and empty it.
We did that for two reasons. One it was full and two we wanted to see what was in the bottom layers.
It was like an archaeological dig,the deeper you went the cooler the stuff we found.
We have an old stage stop and mining camp on the north end of our property. Most of the buildings are just rotted logs, but we found the old dump and the hand dug well. We bring home some nice old junk whenever we go digging up there. Eventually we'll take our metal detectors up and see what we can find. There are hundreds of old mines, camps and stage stops every so many miles between the camps, mines and ghost towns in this area. Down in the river canyon there's several old steam ship wrecks too.

We have an old stage stop and mining camp on the north end of our property. Most of the buildings are just rotted logs, but we found the old dump and the hand dug well. We bring home some nice old junk whenever we go digging up there. Eventually we'll take our metal detectors up and see what we can find. There are hundreds of old mines, camps and stage stops every so many miles between the camps, mines and ghost towns in this area. Down in the river canyon there's several old steam ship wrecks too.

Junction Tx was an old stop for desperados either heading to Mexico or holing up in case they had to make a run for Mexico.
The border was right at around 100 miles away so close enough to make the run to the Rio Grande. They'd have watchers up on the cliffs outside of town over the main roads. If they saw any strangers heading to town they'd take the rough route to warn the desperados it might be time to get out of town.
I believe I mentioned the carvings in the rocks above the main road left there by the look outs. You'd never see them unless you happened to take a leak on em.

I love the Old West and its history.

Just received another 500 bullets. looking better all the time. Just want / need more powder and primers and life will be good. LOl

With biden trying take over 5.56 and .223 I dont feel bad about paying over market price a year ago.
I have around 6k in 5.56 and I'm going to sit on them until things get back to normal....if they ever do.

With biden trying take over 5.56 and .223 I dont feel bad about paying over market price a year ago.
I have around 6k in 5.56 and I'm going to sit on them until things get back to normal....if they ever do.
I've been selling off most of of my 5.56 and .223 ammo. I'm going to keep a few thousand rounds of ammo and a few thousand bullets and brass for reloading though.

I've been selling off most of of my 5.56 and .223 ammo. I'm going to keep a few thousand rounds of ammo and a few thousand bullets and brass for reloading though.

Yeah...
Not something I'm going to do unless I get another main defense rifle.
5.56 is light and easy to carry. I'm not looking to kill so much as I'm looking to wound.
I have deer rifles for that.

My wife in her treasure hunting finally picked up something useful. A 100 year old cast iron camp stove with storage box. One more fitting and I can try it out.
3BF81DB3-53C4-47FA-BD9E-3EAA6F30075E.jpeg

I was actually impressed with the craftsmanship on the box. Notice how the grain matches between top and bottom.

Yeah...
Not something I'm going to do unless I get another main defense rifle.
5.56 is light and easy to carry. I'm not looking to kill so much as I'm looking to wound.
I have deer rifles for that.
I bought my AR15 because obumer was such a great salesman. My mini 14 was sold to me by Bill Clinton. Since these 2 idiots, I realized that there are no zombies and we aren’t going to war. As far as a defensive weapon I'm not sure that I need anything more than a shotgun and/or a handgun. If I lived somewhere closer to a high population area I'm sure I'd have different ideas.

My wife in her treasure hunting finally picked up something useful. A 100 year old cast iron camp stove with storage box. One more fitting and I can try it out.
View attachment 16721
I was actually impressed with the craftsmanship on the box. Notice how the grain matches between top and bottom.

Thats cool as hell!!!!
Old and functional,what more could you ask for in a cooker.

Latest posts

Back