This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My prep was less exciting than some. Ordered additional stock of Betadine, Vit D3, Quercetin, Zinc, and Nattokinase, Picked up more fertilizers, bone and blood meal and Black Kow. Want to make sure we have enough to sufficiently improve our soil when we have to greatly increase our garden area. Getting more components to build raised beds next!

DrJenner and others: My apology for putting my nose in your business. I really didn't mean to. I felt it was an important teaching moment.

For years I have seen the Collapse and Reset coming. It is now here. Here is one of my fears.

In the collapse the large international corporations will end, like Walmart, Home Depot etc.

In their wake local communities will have unemployed people step in and create small businesses to fill the needs.
These people will not have the business organization skills desired to create the organization;
their skills will be in the nature of the business they represent such as construction, retail, plumbing etc.

They will quickly do what they have seen the big folk do and will mimic them.
They will ask for an LLC not realizing they are ordering an expensive train engine to move their business when all they need is a plastic wheelbarrow.

Doc, In my advice to you personally, the tide is coming in to wash away what I wrote as IRS is dying.

P.S. I read where business Federal ID number applications have increased 50% in the last few months.
So the increase of Mom/Pop businesses has already begun.

Last edited:
We will be getting on solar in the next few weeks. I will be happy when we no longer have to rely on the grid for our energy. We already have the back up of a propane house generator and these will be able to "speak" to each other.
That will be great. I love our solar system and the independence that comes with making our own power. But it doesn't come without its own little problems. Last week when we were at the coast I got a call from our friend who was checking on the place. He said there were was a fault and the generator didn't automatically start. The generator is programed to start when the batteries reach a certain level. I walked him through the process of resetting the auto-start and the generator. Its been running fine since. I think the fuel gelled and wouldn't flow through the filters. There was still some summer diesel in the tank. This time of year we dont get enough sun to keep the batteries charged. Plus the panels are covered in snow.
We get a lot of wind in winter and spring so I'm going to put up a wind generator this summer, plus more solar panels.

Finally, propane whole house generator will be installed on the 21st. No generac, but a kohler. Waited a year.
Dang. That was a long wait. Even our Winco didn't take that long. Now I'm waiting for the electrician to come up and connect the auto start to the well pump.

The plumber has been out to look at the propane connection. Everyone's supposed to meet up on the 21st. We have a battery charging solar set up for 3 car batteries for portable power.
Now waiting for new garage windows, 8 of them. But it's been a year.

Bought 8 pounds of pineapple chunks on clearance and dehydrating. Bought some canned soups on sale for a good price. Ordered some extra wide flannel quilt backing to stock as well a several packs of washable wool batting. Preordered 4 chestnut trees. Ordered some washable wool sock yarn to take advantage of end of the year clearance sales. Also bought 3 hams on sale to make ham and bean soup and can for the pantry. Bought 8 boxes of canning jar lids. First time back on the shelves in my area in a long time.

105 year old Karabiner 11 reactivated for the next active service, actually he already has two world wars behind him but he will easily master the 3 WW if need be.

Got the snow blower running.

20210226_151826.jpg

Sometimes keeping up on your preps is your prep. Let pony feed get down to 3 week because of rain. Didn’t want to lose any. Going to have to resupply this week.
Today I put the bucket on the tractor. Snow got down to 2500 ft nearby And tonight will be colder. Not that it is a big problem, it’s usually gone by noon. I just like to be prepared.

We worked for two days and got the last of the long pieces of wood cut down to fireplace size, stacked and cleaned up the backyard at the same time...but from one day to the next, the back of the stationwagon will not open. I read in a few chat on the internet that the little microswitch on the back doorlatch sometimes gives up the ghost. I will get it out and look for a new one today. No snow, 25°F/ -5°C last few nights but still no snow...

We worked for two days and got the last of the long pieces of wood cut down to fireplace size, stacked and cleaned up the backyard at the same time...but from one day to the next, the back of the stationwagon will not open. I read in a few chat on the internet that the little microswitch on the back doorlatch sometimes gives up the ghost. I will get it out and look for a new one today. No snow, 25°F/ -5°C last few nights but still no snow...
I'm willing to share some of our snow with you. We had another foot yesterday and they're calling for a foot again today. We've been snowed in for a few days now. Thats all right, we have plenty of food and fuel. It's 9 degs here right now.

I got my tetanus booster today. Good for another 10 years. I am always cutting and nicking myself on stuff in the gardens so thought it wise. I also decided to get the shingles vaccine. My husband had shingles last year and that is some painful shyte 🤪
My daughter had shingles at 9 years old. She was miserable. Had dance recital with tights and tutus touching the area. Felt so sorry for her. Her doctor says he was seeing so many more cases because kids were so stressed. Never down time. Sports, clubs, etc every day. We had lots of down time, but she is gifted and put lots of stress on herself in school. She didn't have to because it came so effortlessly.

I had a mild case about 5 years ago. I thought a spider had bitten me. I kept an ice pack on my neck for 5 days.

My daughter had shingles at 9 years old. She was miserable. Had dance recital with tights and tutus touching the area. Felt so sorry for her. Her doctor says he was seeing so many more cases because kids were so stressed. Never down time. Sports, clubs, etc every day. We had lots of down time, but she is gifted and put lots of stress on herself in school. She didn't have to because it came so effortlessly.

I had a mild case about 5 years ago. I thought a spider had bitten me. I kept an ice pack on my neck for 5 days.

My husband had the strangest case I have ever seen. It started on his left hand then went up his arm on his neck and headed toward his eye. They were concerned he would eventually lose his eye over it. The doctor had never seen it. Later he went back in for a checkup and the same doctor said he had 3 more cases just like it. Same place on the body. To this day he still has residual nerve pain.

Sure hope my shingles vaccine works !

Latest posts

Back