This weeks preps check-in

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Thanksgiving is actually the most "Biblical" holiday, even though it is not necessarily a religious holiday. Taking a day off to have a feast with family or friends and taking time to just be thankful (whatever you are thankful for and whomever you are thankful to) is good for you psychologically whether you are Christian or Atheist or anything in between.

KateMTx

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
This looks like a very nice drying rack. Does anyone have one like this they’ve used? I picked up a smaller one years ago, for just in case, but this one would hold far more pieces of laundry.

View attachment 14232
I have one similar to that but made of metal. It is quite nice for saving money on laundry and drying clothes that can't go in the dryer. I also tend to use it to air out clothes I want to wear more than once without having to wash again because I'm cheap (and lazy) like that.
The rack in the picture looks maybe a little taller (mine is flat on top) but otherwise about the same size.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Me, my daughter, and son in law are now the first to spend a night and cook a meal in the new cabin at the BOL. We had to prop the doors shut because there aren't any door knobs yet. And no interior doors so we had to put up a shower curtain in the doorway of the only bathroom with a toilet.
We turned on the power, then the gas, then the water pump.
Next we fired up all the gas appliances...furnace, water heater and stove. Got everything working finally.
No furniture yet, so we sat on what will be a raised hearth to eat. Dragged a couple of old matresses into bedrooms on the floor to sleep on.
Basically a giant tent at this stage...but habitable! Woo Hoo!
Toilets for the other bathrooms are way down the priority list. But they do have working showers, and the son in law took a shower...without a towel though (showers weren't part of the game plan LOL)

Latest posts