This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day planing red oak paneling (from our trees) for the new camp at the BOL. Paneling the mud room tomorrow.
Resizer_16367561993911.jpg

Roast some cardboard then. It will taste better, LOL
Raw coffee beans taste and smell nothing like roast coffee. I've only found one type of coffee (Ethiopian Kembata) that even smells pleasant green. The rest smell terrible when green.
It's like the difference between a green persimmon and a ripe persimmon. And you can only appreciate that if you have ever bitten into a green persimmon!

Here is the one I make. It is more like a roman shade. Serves several purposes as a blackout blind for those that sleep during the day working shift work. It is great for on the west side of the house to block that strong evening sun that fades rugs and furniture. Mine are somewhat heavy but they have to really hug the wall to seal the window somewhat. The thermal layer in between can usually be found at stores that sell upholstery supplies.
That looks amazing! I'm definitely going to make one now.

How much meat wrapping paper is ”enough” to stock? Frankly, I don’t have that many rolls and it hit me that perhaps this is a huge mistake. Also, do you stock wax covered or just plain meat paper wrapping?

Just did a vitamin inventory and tried to reorder quercetin. Still out of stock. That is about 2 months they have been out.

That is a lot of beef to can! I did about half that a few weeks ago…and was tired. Congratulate your wife for me!
She does it in batches over time. She pulls the meat out of the big freezer and let's it thaw in my fur shed fridge. Its kind of funny when she grabs an animal that i haven't skinned yet of a bag of pelts instead of beef.

Just got this so when the blackouts come we can can the food now in the freezers……Camp Chef Explorer, Two Burner Stove, Two 30,000 BTU's cast-aluminum burners, Cooking Dimensions: 14 in. x 32 in
We got one of these last year. It works great. Well worth the cost. We have a single burner on too, different brand though.

Just got this so when the blackouts come we can can the food now in the freezers……Camp Chef Explorer, Two Burner Stove, Two 30,000 BTU's cast-aluminum burners, Cooking Dimensions: 14 in. x 32 in

Can you please give me a link? Sounds like something we all should have as a backup. I’ve got backups of backups for about everything, but I am missing a way Solid way to heat for canning.

NEVER MIND! I used what you posted and found it! Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back