This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harvesting all the grapes. Making and canning grape juice today.
My grapes aren’t even close to ripe. Some Concordes are getting there but the muscadines are far out yet. I thought my fig trees were barren this year but now they are covered in small figs. Just slow starting I guess. My sister just about 40 miles away has already started dehydrating her mature figs. I haven’t checked the blueberries in a while, maybe when it cools down here.

Oh, I murdered a tree here for no good reason! The walnut tree that I thought was poisoning the ground wasn’t what I thought. I cut it down and loaded the logs to the sawmill. I thought it was kind of pale for black walnut. The guy was certain it was pecan. Dammit, it was a beautiful tree and wasn’t hurting anything…. Live and learn. Will make some furniture out of it at least.

Did 35 quarts. Still have 2 more buckets of grapes to do. And they neighbor said to come pick as much sweet corn as we can, so will be doing corn afterwards.
You should pick your sweet corn first thing in the morning just as the sun starts rising. The plant stores sugar over the night and starts to convert in to starch in the sunlight. If you want it sweet and crisp, set an alarm clock for tomorrow!

Even though I’m retired now I agreed to cover for emergencies for when my son is busy or on vacation. So the little turd is in Utah right now, he’s going to Disney in California in a couple weeks, and then to universal in Florida a couple weeks after that. I think I’ve been duped!

I just bought a bunch from Sam's Club, 200lbs of rice, 88lbs of pasta. 2 cases of tomato sauce, 80lbs potato flakes, 6 big jars of ghee butter, coffee, tea, suger, lemon juice, 6 big jars of peanut butter, and a whole bunch of other items. $1862.00 worth.

Even though I’m retired now I agreed to cover for emergencies for when my son is busy or on vacation. So the little turd is in Utah right now, he’s going to Disney in California in a couple weeks, and then to universal in Florida a couple weeks after that. I think I’ve been duped!

Give it time.
The next round of lockdowns could be just around the corner, and no one is going no where.

This is the little bull calf that hunny found when he went out to feed this morning. His momma is Holly, but we actually call her bad momma now. First two calves, she had to get roped and hobbled so the calf's could nurse. I don't have that much time anymore, so she got roped this morning just so we could get the colostrum after I got off work. Little guy has been moved into the isolation pen to make life easier on us. Plan is to just raise him on formula replacer. So much easier to take a bottle out for him.

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_095542.jpg
    IMG_20210806_095542.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
I just bought a bunch from Sam's Club, 200lbs of rice, 88lbs of pasta. 2 cases of tomato sauce, 80lbs potato flakes, 6 big jars of ghee butter, coffee, tea, suger, lemon juice, 6 big jars of peanut butter, and a whole bunch of other items. $1862.00 worth.
You must be suspecting something with haul.

This is the little bull calf that hunny found when he went out to feed this morning. His momma is Holly, but we actually call her bad momma now. First two calves, she had to get roped and hobbled so the calf's could nurse. I don't have that much time anymore, so she got roped this morning just so we could get the colostrum after I got off work. Little guy has been moved into the isolation pen to make life easier on us. Plan is to just raise him on formula replacer. So much easier to take a bottle out for him.
Congrats grandma!

One of our darling gkids left a gate unlatched between the garden and the lower corral. The cattle just about wiped out the garden, ate all the corn and broke a couple fruit trees at ground level. One was the only plum tree with fruit!
Just got home from the auction. Had 2 flat tires on the trip. Its a real pain changing tires with a heavy load of cattle moving around inside the trailer.
We have a realtor coming out next Tuesday to give us an estimate on the value of our ranch. We're in no hurry to sell this place but we need to get an idea of what we can afford before we buy another property.

One of our darling gkids left a gate unlatched between the garden and the lower corral. The cattle just about wiped out the garden, ate all the corn and broke a couple fruit trees at ground level. One was the only plum tree with fruit!
Just got home from the auction. Had 2 flat tires on the trip. Its a real pain changing tires with a heavy load of cattle moving around inside the trailer.
We have a realtor coming out next Tuesday to give us an estimate on the value of our ranch. We're in no hurry to sell this place but we need to get an idea of what we can afford before we buy another property.
Sorry about your garden, that sucks!

Latest posts

Back