This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought more camping gear for two reasons, personal enjoyment and militia. One of the items is a really cool tent just large enough for a cot. Ozark Trail 3-Person Camping Tent - Walmart.com - Walmart.com a kitchen table from craigslist that turned out a lot larger in person for $20.00. A 10X10 canopy so that makes two. I built a 12v light string with red LED bulbs. Made a tripod lantern holder. And some other stuff that I dont remember.

I am working towards finishing up all the projects on my house. Porch addition is near done, going to build a mud room/porch on the other entrance, finish off the detached laundry room with cabinets and counters, and about twenty other things. Want the house completely done for my retirement years so I don’t have to deal with as much maintenance. Setting up an outdoor kitchen on new porch too. Have been cleaning up stuff too and selling off things that weren’t being used much. Goal is to simplify things. Still considering selling the property possibly and going off for a new adventure so having house completely done would help, but more likely just enjoy it all done.

Canning milk, cream and butter from the cow. Actually found a couple cases of jars in town yesterday. Dehydrating my surplus eggs for winter animal feed supplement. Knitting warm winter stuff for grandkids. Cutting down dead trees for this winters heat and cooking needs.

Husband and grandson were pruning trees today, alot can be used for firewood. Working on the outside house painting, but it got too hot. So picked my buckets of vegetables for the day and I'll get most of the summer squash ready for the dehydrator. Been running two dehydrators every day for the last month.
How's your air there, SHTFPrepper? Was in Denver for a few days last week and what a mess. Couldn't even see the mountains. And people everywhere. And stupid dining rules. Hated it, but needed to be there for husband's medical. Glad to be back home in my little town. Guess it had been a year since I'd been in a big city.

So my goal since retiring last week is to finish all the projects on the property here. It’s been great to have the time to make progress on things. It was really slow going when working full time. I am finishing up the screen porch addition now and moving on to painting the outside of the house. Then on to about a hundred other things here. The goal, have the house 100% done with curb appeal in case I want to sell it and downsize somewhere else. Likely I will stay here and relax with not having to do any repairs and less maintenance in my older years. Either way, the goal is to replace, remodel, and improve everything around here over the next year. It has been really nice to be able to work at my own pace too. If it gets too hot I can break and dip in the pool. My new boss is pretty relaxed about things….

I'm working on house painting, too. But just in the morning hours, it's been hot.
Yeah, by 11am its brutal here. I have been breaking midday and going back out in the afternoons. I’m also dipping in the pool a couple times a day to cool down. With not being on any time schedule I’m pretty relaxed and flexible here but am still seeing way better progress on projects than when working full time too.

Food storage tends to do that. First its a shelf, then more shelves, then a room, before you know it you're on room number 2. It happens.
LOL, happens with freezers too!

My "venison freezer" is so crammed with other stuff I'll need a new freezer for venison this fall.

There are mason jars where I live, it's just the prices are higher. About $3 more a case. I like the half gallon size for storing herbs that I grow and dry. Just don't can in them.

Latest posts

Back