This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 70 grape vines on the front of the property. Several different types of muscadines and some Concordes. The muscadines are amazingly hearty vines with almost no maintenance. My kind of plants. The wines flavors have become my favorite now. I get so many grapes each fall that I freeze a lot of them to make wine later on as I get too many. I can’t tell any difference in the wines from the fresh grapes vs the frozen ones at all
My grandmother had a small amount of grapes but she had 3 different colors and we kids loved eating them fresh off the vinegar. She was Church of Chistory so no wine, just juice. It was good though. Ah memories.

My grandmother had a small amount of grapes but she had 3 different colors and we kids loved eating them fresh off the vinegar. She was Church of Chistory so no wine, just juice. It was good though. Ah memories.
Jesus turned water to wine so that’s a good enough excuse for me! Lol. Seriously I respect anyone’s decision to drink or not, or to eat anyway they like. I rarely have more than a glass of wine each night to relax and as long as I don’t start craving it more I’m content. Alcohol is a very addictive drug though and it can be a dangerous game for many.

GG. Alcohol has ruined lots of families, but should not be illegal because of it. People have personal responsibility to choose the right things in their lives.
True, alcohol is no more responsible for ruining someone’s life than the gun industry’s responsibility for negligent use of their product. People have to be responsible for their own actions and the consequences that come with the use of them. If that was true facebook would be held responsible for many divorces and broken homes. IMAO.

GG. Alcohol has ruined lots of families, but should not be illegal because of it. People have personal responsibility to choose the right things in their lives.
so what you are saying is all drugs should be legal forget the damage they do let people make their own choices ,,,,pot coke heroin meth,,,, let them make their own choices,,,, hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,, I fail to see the logic in this

but who the hell am I to judge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just because I have seen first hand what a drunk can do to his wife and children,,, yeah the old man was a hopeless F-ING DRUNK and ran out on us,,,,

you should have to stand on my side of the fence and have to look at this,,, you would see it in a different light

this is a sore subject for me,,, so first Alcohol will never be made illegal they tried it once and most of us know how that went,,,,,,,, there is to much revenue for the feds in Alcohol,, it does not matter how many are killed by drunk drivers the destroyed life's it causes,,,,,,,,,, it is all about the money,,, give it time the feds will make it all legal so they can rake in the money and be the new DRUG DEALERS IN TOWN,,,, hell maybe they can get rid of the national debt,,,, now I am leaving this thread and highly doubt I will post in it again,,,,,,,

I can respect all that gave up a vice in there life. I have given up a couple.

The current theory is to make the one I gave up almost 40 years ago legal. If had not given it up, I would not be where I am today.

While taking that one back up might make me mellow enough not to yell at the TV, my wife’s DEA license is more important. Still struggling with the one I gave up 10 years ago.

Where is society leading us? I can only think back to the Sodom and Gomorrah teachings in my youth.

you should have to stand on my side of the fence and have to look at this,,, you would see it in a different light
Nope. My father was a drunk. Not an alcoholic a pure old drunk I know that technically is alcoholism. . My husband is a functioning alcoholic. Which means he still works everyday. I've put up with him and it for 32 years. It still shouldn't be illegal. Just like during prohibition, people will find it even if they just make their own,

I don’t have any personal stories about an abusive family member and have enjoyed a beer or some wine without any issues most of my life. I have seen it ruin many peoples lives though and would not recommend anyone starting out to even risk the impact it could have on their lives or health. My thoughts are you can’t get addicted to drugs or alcohol if you don’t try them to begin with. I won’t presume to tell others how to live their lives though, I just try to keep my own stuff as straight as I can for me.

I am still the only person of 4 sons, 6 cousins and 4 aunts and uncles and a grandmother who is NOT DIVORCED, with only 2 exceptions in my whole family. Alcohol and drugs have played a very large part in the history of the divorces, fights, loss of jobs, loss of money, loss of homes, loss of cars, loss of friends lives and loss of respect...Each person must make the decision what is important in life, if you marry a drunk: I feel no sorrow for you. If your loved one goes through terrible times and starts to drink, your life and love will have to stand the test...if your life gets you a few problems and hardballs come your way and you relax or party with some alcohol, that is what it is there for.
Too much of ANYTHING is not healthy, sports, bodybuilding, jogging, bike riding, paragliding, swimming, music...anything which keeps you from doing the right things with your family and children or grandchildren...is not good... learn to keep all in balance and within the scope of "measure", just like your "measure" of judgement on others, "measure" of patience with others and also the needed "measure" of help for others which does not take away the needs of your own family and yourself!!! Live free, Gary

Latest posts

Back