This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Getting my GHB ready
2. Harvesting garden
3. Set up watering system for the chickens with PVC pipes and nipples
4. Laying floor for cold storage room in basement.
5. Taking inventory and working on more food prep
6. Finishing up gathering medical supplies, IV start kits, etc.

Long term
1. Working on battery solutions for our solar to get off grid (Tied into grid right now)
2. Solar for well pump
3. Wind turbine research ( we live on a bluff/hill and the wind just roars over, especially during winter months).

Chilled out with wife and son mostly all day today. I had built a fence in backyard to get it ready for when we star our garden. Picked up more canned fruits and vegetables, all kinds of batteries for our flashlights and Xbox controllers, another 3 cases of 24pk of water cause they was on sale and some more cold meds and over counter meds.

Had propane delivered the other day @$1.45 gal. Got the rest of the parts to finish installing the bulk diesel tank. I'll order diesel tomorrow. It was running $1.74/gal last week for off-road diesel.
I bought a new battery for the snow blower. Got my boat running, put in a new fish finder and GPS. Just need to grease the trailer. I may take the boat out to the lake tomorrow for a test run before taking it up north to my daughters house where I plan to leave it until spring.
I'm getting all my traps and trapping gear put together in one location. I took a count today and have well over 500 traps and a couple hundred snares, for everything from weasel to bear.
The wife is supposed to come home by the end of the month, we'll see.

Good afternoon everybody, haven't done much today at all. Wife, son and myself just got back from our jogging routine and it just started to downpour out like crazy. In a way i hope it rains for hours it's been way too hot here last few months with barely not much rain. Later on gonna set up some more shelfing units in the basement to store more prep stuff.

I have a fenced in lot that I had a chicken coop and a couple Plot Hound dogs in about 20 years ago . Iv let it grow up . Im chain sawing and mowing it today . Its not over grown but still a big job . Theres also my old well house in it . I don't use that well anymore but I still want to put a hand or some other kind of pump on it .

Ordered a ZTS MBT-1 pulse load battery tester, I've used the ZTS Mini for a few years (but it doesn't test the 1.5v lithium) because some of my lights and equipment use newer type batteries I needed a load tester for these newer type lithium/lithium-ion batteries not just the standard alkaline/NiMH type batteries, especially with me switching from 1.5v Alkaline to the 1.5v lithiums for my stored batteries. It's made in the US ;)

ZTS MBT-1
tester.jpg

Good morning everybody, how is everybody doing? Doing pretty good here all of my alarm sensors I had ordered from amazon all came in. Just had installed them on all my downstairs windows and on my two doors. And also did some other home improvements . Added a trip wire in basement doorway and also set up a security camera system.

Had mowed the lawn again and had trimmed some tree branches.

Filled both the SUV and car up with gas.

Did a small scale shopping trip yesterday before work. Made a stop to CVS for a couple of items, 2 3oz liquid bandage 1 pk of 0.5oz triple antibiotic ointment 1 pk cortizone-10 1 box pk xl strong strip bandages 10 count that are 2in x 4in long 23 bags of cough drops cherry flavor

Good morning everybody, how is everybody doing? Doing pretty good here all of my alarm sensors I had ordered from amazon all came in. Just had installed them on all my downstairs windows and on my two doors. And also did some other home improvements . Added a trip wire in basement doorway and also set up a security camera system.

Had mowed the lawn again and had trimmed some tree branches.

Filled both the SUV and car up with gas.

Did a small scale shopping trip yesterday before work. Made a stop to CVS for a couple of items, 2 3oz liquid bandage 1 pk of 0.5oz triple antibiotic ointment 1 pk cortizone-10 1 box pk xl strong strip bandages 10 count that are 2in x 4in long 23 bags of cough drops cherry flavor
I sleep more soundly knowing the door alarms are set and loud enough to wake the dead! Hopefully the noise would stop anyone from continuing to enter but I always have backup from S&W close at hand if not.

I sleep more soundly knowing the door alarms are set and loud enough to wake the dead! Hopefully the noise would stop anyone from continuing to enter but I always have backup from S&W close at hand if not.

I also sleep more soundly knowing the door alarms are set and loud. I'm a light sleeper most of the time but always have a sidearm of some sort very close by

Closed on four properties. Two houses in a foreclosure sale. Third house sets on two acres. Was an abandoned property with a minor property tax lien of $1200 which was the purchase price. Last item was a five acre mixed wood parcel (oak, pine, pecan, ceader and maple) with it's western boundary on a small river. Lots of plans for this one...

Latest posts

Back