This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new scope and QD mounts for the new air carbine, plus bipod pidtol grip and air bottle thermal shroud.
armoury 2 (Medium).jpg

Let me guess...

You are NOT following the doctor's orders, LOL.
Yeah that's what the doctor said today. He kept reminding me that I had major surgery and that he had my guts laying on the table blah, blah, blah.
He was a little concerned about my chest pains, took some blood samples and lectured me some more about slowing down. Right. Like that will happen.

Arctic, you are in a race to the coffin carriers. There is nothing you can't space out, except death. Slow down, smell the coffee, what does not get done today, will be there tomorrow. If you have too much to do, reduce the load. How much are you going to get done, after the old ticker throws a fit? Also think about the burden you would place on your wife, if you did not die but became a permanent bed case? Your call, slow down and get fully recovered OR ask your wife how she feels about having to change your nappies?

I ordered 4 12-pack D cell Energizer batteries, 2 48-pack AA Energizer and 1 48-pack AAA Energizer batteries (rotating out older stock)
Ordered 10 boxes of Federal 170gr 30-30 8 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense 12ga 00 buck and 2 boxes of Garrett 540-gr SuperHardCast Hammerhead 45-70 +P

I ordered 4 12-pack D cell Energizer batteries, 2 48-pack AA Energizer and 1 48-pack AAA Energizer batteries (rotating out older stock)
Ordered 10 boxes of Federal 170gr 30-30 8 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense 12ga 00 buck and 2 boxes of Garrett 540-gr SuperHardCast Hammerhead 45-70 +P

I'm curious why you dont use all rechargeable batteries? Or are they?
A lot more cost effective. I have been reusing some for 11 years now.

I'm curious why you dont use all rechargeable batteries? Or are they?
A lot more cost effective. I have been reusing some for 11 years now.

I use them (Eneloop AA, AAA also keep C and D adapters) I also keep a solid stock of Energizer alkaline's D, C, AA, AAA, 9v for the times I have no electricity and sun to charge them, I rotate the alkaline's out of my stock every 5 years, the batteries are separated by rotation date on the shelves, the batteries set by rotation are moved to the shop for general use, that way I always have fresh batteries for emergency use in my emergency supply.

I use them (Eneloop AA, AAA also keep C and D adapters) I also keep a solid stock of Energizer alkaline's D, C, AA, AAA, 9v for the times I have no electricity and sun to charge them, I rotate the alkaline's out of my stock every 5 years, the batteries are separated by rotation date on the shelves, the batteries set by rotation are moved to the shop for general use, that way I always have fresh batteries for emergency use in my emergency supply.

What I keep, not counting special purpose batteries such as weapon lights, scopes etc...

Energizer Alkaline
200 D
140 C
350 AA
300 AAA
Energizer Lithium
100 AA
100 AAA
Eneloop rechargeable
100 AA
80 AAA

It's looking good Bill. I was happy to learn the pressure limiting device could be removed, in a WROL event.
Oh you would be amazed about the options the enlightened have incase of WROL scenarios. Nit as good as full blown firearms, but highly effective mods non the less.

Latest posts

Back