Thinking of a BOL...here is a good read that gives you the magnitude of building one of large size

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
I've been involved in lots of bare-base deployments, some exercise and some the real deployments. I'd like to think after experiencing the First Gulf War that the United States leads in developing this theory. I don't think their is one other country which can extend logistics capability like the U.S. military, it is not only the credit of the military, but the manufactures who supply us with the great war fighting material that makes us so successful in battle.

This lesson/primer PDF is not to advocate that you go build a military like compound, but what I'd like you to take away are the material and lessons learned from such an undertaking. Possibly some of you have some experience in BOL sites, but I am here to tell you, if the SHTF, its not like your running to Home Depot or Lowes, if your forgot something.

We've talked on other threads about the "What if's"...what if you decided to bring some more people into your BOL? Do you have the sufficient hard material to build and support this new population?

So take this document as something for you to use...look at the size of deployed and amount of acreage need to support them in a wartime environment, then up that acreage to take into account you now have to grow food for them? Does this make sense? I'm not asking you to take it for gospel, each of us will do things differently, but can anyone of us say, they have the "Magic Book" on building a BOL? If you do, then create new thread, I'd be happy to download it and incorporate it for my own, because I am sure no one has actually written one. Yes, I've looked online and on Amazon (if Amazon doesn't have it in book or kindle form...its not been written, lol).

Attachments

• FOB_Report.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
I've often said I can never make my place into a full-on FOB-style compound, I just don't have the resources for one thing. But at first glance I think there will be some useful tips in that doc even so.

I've often said I can never make my place into a full-on FOB-style compound, I just don't have the resources for one thing. But at first glance I think there will be some useful tips in that doc even so.

Like I said, its just a good doc to read to give you some ideas, spacing requirements and others. I've got a bunch of military Tech orders, everything from field latrines, but they are all hard copy and not in PDF format. I got the T.O's when I did medical support to a unit that does bare base support equipment support for the Air Force. Everything from latrines to showers to fuel bladders.

Enjoy Graynomad

Latest posts

Back