Think "farm auction" for prepping/survival gear!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No shortage here, I use the tractor, baler and heavies here all the time. One can go to farming and ranching exchange, local stockyards etc.. and look on the bulletin boards for sales,a lot of times one can get them cheaper.

Use an exchange like this: https://www.tsln.com/news/farmer-rancher-exchange/

Or go to the local co-op and get papers like this

8.jpg

I go to a lot of pawnshops and flea markets. Antique shops are also great places to buy from. Most of my guns are from pawnshops, still find American made tools in flea markets. All my cast iron cookware from antique shops. Get to know the owners and they will drop the price on some items.
I have always heard that pawn shops were good places to get deals but the few times I’ve gone in them they want more than the items were when new....

don't see many pawnshops over here any more.
They are mostly kind of sleazy businesses that prey on people when they are desperate for money and deal in stolen items. Here the police track them more now so the stolen stuff isn’t as bad but am sure it still happens.
On another note though, the show ‘Pawn Stars’ is one of my favorites. It’s a pawn shop in Vegas and I like it because of all the interesting stuff people bring in like antiques and other bizarre items. That, Beverly Hills pawn and antiques roadshow are among my favorite TV shows.

I have always heard that pawn shops were good places to get deals but the few times I’ve gone in them they want more than the items were when new....
I like the pawn shops,you can find good deals there but you better know the value of things or you can get ripped off,,,,,,,,,,,,,when something is over priced I have no problem telling them so and just where I can get a new whatever for the same or less than what they want for used,,,,,,,,,,,they hate that,,,it makes my day when I can leave knowing I just pissed them off

They are mostly kind of sleazy businesses that prey on people when they are desperate for money and deal in stolen items. Here the police track them more now so the stolen stuff isn’t as bad but am sure it still happens.
On another note though, the show ‘Pawn Stars’ is one of my favorites. It’s a pawn shop in Vegas and I like it because of all the interesting stuff people bring in like antiques and other bizarre items. That, Beverly Hills pawn and antiques roadshow are among my favorite TV shows.
Here it depends on what part of town they are in. There are only three here that I trust. However, in the seedier parts of town, you can sometimes find real bargains, but they generally trade in really cheap Saturday Night Specials like Jennings Jammers or beaten up old guns of practically no value. I bought a Colt 1911 at one of the seedier places, and it took two years and many replacement parts to get it working right because it had been "Bubba'd up" and wasn't worth nearly what I paid for it. I bought a Dan Wesson 1911 at one of the good places and it was the best gun purchase I ever made.

you're much better off keeping a sharp eye on the Facebook "Marketplace" and your local Buy, Sell, Give Away FB sites >>> need to jump on the item for sale with cash $$$ in hand - plenty of deals - especially if you can DIY repairs and cobble together the item(s) for sale ...

just saw an entire newer "Butler" building FREE for the taking with qualified credentials to safely disassemble and move it - another deal the other day 50+ odd 6 foot steel T-posts for the taking >>> if you can move them - all kinds of small misc outbuildings from free to cheap $$$$

you're much better off keeping a sharp eye on the Facebook "Marketplace" and your local Buy, Sell, Give Away FB sites >>> need to jump on the item for sale with cash $$$ in hand - plenty of deals - especially if you can DIY repairs and cobble together the item(s) for sale ...

just saw an entire newer "Butler" building FREE for the taking with qualified credentials to safely disassemble and move it - another deal the other day 50+ odd 6 foot steel T-posts for the taking >>> if you can move them - all kinds of small misc outbuildings from free to cheap $$$$
I’ve heard good things about FB Marketplace but never joined FB. If I ever do it would be for this though. The rest just seems like a brag fest.

I’ve heard good things about FB Marketplace but never joined FB. If I ever do it would be for this though. The rest just seems like a brag fest.

don't know about your area but Craigslist died completely 18 months or more ago - not much of anything thru the classifieds anymore >>> even the auction companies only post sale schedules & details thru FB anymore

don't know about your area but Craigslist died completely 18 months or more ago - not much of anything thru the classifieds anymore >>> even the auction companies only post sale schedules & details thru FB anymore
The Atlanta craigslist is still active but it really has been targeted by way too many scammers.

Latest posts

Back