They make good guns in Austria

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photon Guy

Reaction score
They make good guns in Austria. There's the Glock of course and you will find that in most American gun shops but theres this other Austrian brand that want to get. Im an American and you don't find this brand much in the USA but I heard its really good although not as internationally popular as the good old Glock.

The Steyr Aug is a great bullpup rifle, I tried an Aussie army issue one once, as good as our L85 but not as good as a FAL

I fired one in Vienna. I hate the trigger - it's a push-button and not a swinging type. It feels like a soap dispenser in a public bathroom. The attached scope uses a small circle instead of crosshairs. It's accurate and it looks nice, but I hate that weapon.

Steyr made great guns way before the AUG. And great tractors btw. Lol.
Every now and then one of those old m95 pops up. Very single one I shot so far outperfomerd any Mosin nagant I've ever shot...

I shot the Steyr pistol, its not even in Austria very popular, most propably due to horrible marketing.
However i kept buying Glocks as there are way more accessories on the market, not to mention magazine- and service-parts Prices.

With the AUG, for me is the trigger the biggest handycap and though well built and precise, the AR15 is a lot more versatile and better choice in my opinion.

Steyr also produces great (and costly) precision rifles and thats where this company really shines these days.

Not all Glocks are made in Austria
usa+close.jpg

With the AUG, for me is the trigger the biggest handycap
Take off one mainspring and put a metal sleeve in its place so that the drummer does not slide down. Descent and recharge will be softer.If you charge normal cartridges everything works without problems. Hard descent in AUG is a kind of protection against accidental pressing.

Latest posts

Back