Thermal scope question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are WAY off base there Hadrian. I know Arctic and he’s about as much a stinking federal agent as I am! There might be one on here though.
Maybe not, but you can never be too paranoid when someone asks you why you want something.

To MNwr786 and Helen Back,

Both of you have made good points, pro and con. My point is unless your home equity is available for collateral, your affordable thermal/night vision scope is not going to satisfy your needs. Then there is the bulk and weight of this monster which you will have to carry around on your rifle. Of course, you have added an infrared laser and added a visible laser just to sight the infrared laser in. Now you are ready for Iraq but are you ready for conflict on your local level or home defense? I don't think so. I think a hand held thermal scope would be more practical. No it will not positively identify anyone but, yes, it will tell you unwanted intruders are advancing upon you. If you are at war, then you may want to shoot. If not, you may want to light them up with a white light for positive ID.

Latest posts

Back