Theresa May?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not really a political question, per se...

What is Theresa May? A Torie? Therefore the Conservative party?

Does that mean in England what it means here?

How come she seems to be resistant to the will of the people? Brexit passed. Brexit already.

Well, I looked it up on Wikipedia, but it's hard to tell if she is acting like the head of the party she represents, and I thought an English member *ahem* would have better insight.

The BBC, the Globe, the Mirror, the Sun... I was more confused than when I started looking.

Theresa May is the leader of the Conservative Party (aka the Tory Party/Tories). In 2017, the Tories formed a coalition government with a smaller party and, as leader, she became UKPrime Minister.

The Brexit Referendum was an advisory, non-binding referendum and it seems that a majority of voters now want to stay with the EU, having discovered that the whole bloody thing is a shambles.

That was unfair. I retract it.

I suppose it would be like Illinois breaking away from the US? Is Great Britian that fully tied into the EU? No getting out?

Anyway, which ever way it goes, I hope it works out well. The EU is a US Ally (unless you live in the EU, then the US is an EU Ally) and we all do better when we all do well.

BJ, My questions is why would the people of one country allow another country / countries to make up the laws or rules or what ever you want to call it, that decides what the the people can or cannot do in their own country? That would be like letting Mexico and Canada determine who or how many illegal aliens we have to allow into America. How in the world did the people of the U.K. get sucked into this plan?

I think it's more of a trade deal, that also involved some immigration deals.

Sort of the immigration trade. Immigration being a business in itself, these days.

Man, I remember learning that Europe and the US used to have to snatch 3rd world folks up, and force them to work cheap.

Now, they can't wait to come bust their asses for pennies.

How crappy must their countries be?!

So, according to Bluejoy, whom I will have to trust as to the consensus view, Theresa May is fulfilling her duties appropriately.

That's my question answered.

BJ, My questions is why would the people of one country allow another country / countries to make up the laws or rules or what ever you want to call it, that decides what the the people can or cannot do in their own country? That would be like letting Mexico and Canada determine who or how many illegal aliens we have to allow into America. How in the world did the people of the U.K. get sucked into this plan?

For mutual support and ease of doing business in specific areas of interest.

Border control? We've already got it for non-EU migrants, and for EU migrants through negotiated opt-outs. In terms of workers, the UK can't discriminate against EU workers on nationality grounds, but employers can still set requirements re skills, English proficiency, etc.

Legislation? EU law applies to EU-wide issues, and UK law to non-EU issues. The UK supports most EU law and negotiates opt-outs and similar mechanisms for other parts. Trade is, of course a massive component in this, but EU law has also helped to protect things like workers' rights and environmental standards.

Lawyers - In For Britain did a dstraightforward summary of misconceptions: http://lawyers-inforbritain.uk/b-m-a/summary-of-misconceptions/

There's a massive scare-story industry in the UK that regularly trots out headlines of the 'EU trying to steal our borders/jam/whatever!' The reality... the EU almost certainly isn't.

For mutual support and ease of doing business in specific areas of interest.

Border control? We've already got it for non-EU migrants, and for EU migrants through negotiated opt-outs. In terms of workers, the UK can't discriminate against EU workers on nationality grounds, but employers can still set requirements re skills, English proficiency, etc.

Legislation? EU law applies to EU-wide issues, and UK law to non-EU issues. The UK supports most EU law and negotiates opt-outs and similar mechanisms for other parts. Trade is, of course a massive component in this, but EU law has also helped to protect things like workers' rights and environmental standards.

Lawyers - In For Britain did a dstraightforward summary of misconceptions: http://lawyers-inforbritain.uk/b-m-a/summary-of-misconceptions/

There's a massive scare-story industry in the UK that regularly trots out headlines of the 'EU trying to steal our borders/jam/whatever!' The reality... the EU almost certainly isn't.

Now if I got this right, The EU set up the fishing rights for the UK. The EU mandates the UK take in whom ever they declare is EU. Why is the EU protecting workers rights in the UK? It appears the EU also determines what is a EU issue and under their jurisdiction. Yeah, you all have a Sovereign Nation. That last statement is called sarcasm, in case anybody missed it. Slave state needs mother's permission. Sovereign Nations sets all their own laws, including how and where they perform trade AND what are their workers rights.

I don't really have an opinion on Brexit. Well, I do, but it's invalid.

If England is like a state, now, like Illinois or New Jersey, then I get not wanting to break away.

Non binding referendum. Why bother?

I don't really have an opinion on Brexit. Well, I do, but it's invalid.

If England is like a state, now, like Illinois or New Jersey, then I get not wanting to break away.

Non binding referendum. Why bother?

Here is the real difference, the other states cannot tell Illinois or New Jersey where they can fish off their own coast or or that they have to take in some many immigrants or what they can or cannot sell in their own state. The other issue is that the UK was a sovereign nation, none of the states were, they were just territories and chose to subjugated them selves to ALL American Laws. I think the people of the UK got sold a bunch of BS about how wonderful it was gong to be but the politicians and MSM failed to tell them just what they were going to have to give up.

It's hard to say. Did life get better for the average Englishman/Englishbint?

I don't know. If it got better, great. If it didn't, no good.

I would guess not much changed, but the racial demographics of certain urban areas.

I was just reading about all the folks bailing out of Mays government, resigning, kvetching... All that. Wondered if someone from there thought she was doing it right it wrong.

Urban, why do you want to break up the EU?

It's hard to say. Did life get better for the average Englishman/Englishbint?

I don't know. If it got better, great. If it didn't, no good.

I would guess not much changed, but the racial demographics of certain urban areas.

I was just reading about all the folks bailing out of Mays government, resigning, kvetching... All that. Wondered if someone from there thought she was doing it right it wrong.

Urban, why do you want to break up the EU?

I really don't give a tinker's darn if the EU survives or not but I do care that the UK survives and propers. If the EU is really a good thing, then you should not have to punish a country that wants out. The EU is proposing billions in penalty monies against the UK. The referendum is the will of the UK people, why is the EU so opposed? If The West coast states wanted to leave the UNION, I think I would be thrilled. Once they paid for all the federal land and roads, I would be happy for them to be gone. The EU does not have that same claim, they did not pay for the UK infrastructure, so where is the claim for all the monies being demanded? The EU wants to be paid for all the monies they will lose from taxes and fee's they have imposed on the UK. The EU is a globalist dream and it is starting to fall apart. Good concepts have a waiting line for people to join. Bad concepts punish people for wanting to leave. Does the Berlin wall ring any bells. It was not built to keep people out, it was built to keep people in. Same mind set happening in the E.U.

It's interesting. England, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, the Netherlands... All at one time or another had empires, or something like it. They fought frequent wars, and had incestuous monarchies.

Henry the VIIIth, Louis the whateverth, the Sun King. Le Roi Soleil. I'm sure the Dutch had some famous royalty.

From that to Prince Charles, and Macron. And the EU.

I dunno. I would love to see a Free England, I always thought of Englishmen/Englishpagethrees as pretty independent. Shit, listen to Churchill! They were gonna fight to the last, and yeah, I feel like some how they got sold out, after all that fighting.

But I'm not British. What do British people think of Illinois? Chicago? Id be horrified, embarrassed.

Anyway, maybe we got it wrong? Maybe London dictates to Brussels?

I don't think so though. If Germany decided to leave the EU, that would be the end of the EU, no one would be worrying about punitive payments for lost future GDP.

Last edited:
Here are some notes from the "DEAL" May was / is trying to push. Quotes:

"The agreement further stipulates that any European Union citizen who enters the United Kingdom during this transition period shall have full residence and related rights in the country — as will their partners and family members, wherever they live and whether or not they are dependents of the EU citizen already resident in Britain."

"We're not really leaving" Nick Robinson puts to Matthew Hancock. "What matters is what is in the text" he replies. Quite so. Here's the text. "All references to member states shall be understood as including the UK", it says. Except when it comes to decision-making.

"The Withdrawal Agreement may have a particularly nasty sting in the tail for Britain’s much-diminished fishing industry, which has hit harder than any other individual sector by European Union membership as a result of the bloc parcelling out more than half the country’s fisheries to foreign vessels.

Ending the Common Fisheries Policy and taking back control of Britain’s territorial waters has been held up as “the acid test of Brexit” by eurosceptic leaders including former UKIP supremo Nigel Farage, and the political declaration accompanying the draft deal does make some (fairly vague) references to Britain becoming an “independent coastal state” — but this is not in the agreement itself."

"Indeed, the European Commission’s press release on the agreement states that British fishery and aquaculture products will be specifically excluded from the “single customs territory” arrangements — with the text of the agreement itself appearing to suggest that the fishing industry will be shut out “unless an agreement on access to waters and fishing opportunities is applicable between the [European] Union and the United Kingdom”.

This would essentially entail Britain readopting the essence of the Common Fisheries Policy by another name — despite the Prime Minister promising it would cease to apply after the transition."

Now how is it a good deal for the people of the UK? The EU stole over half of the fishing rights from the people of the UK and parceled them out to their buds. Anybody even remotely related to a EU person has full rights to move into the UK with ALL rights there. The UK needs to tell the EU to pack sand where the sun don't not shine. The USA needs to tell the EU we will support the UK and if there are trade sanctions imposed on the UK, we will do the same to the EU. If the EU is a good deal, they don't need to hold folks hostage to stay in it.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/15/uk-remain-non-voting-eu-member-december-20xx/

May's Brexit deal reminds me of the American Indian trade deal for island of Manhatten. A bunch of beads. At least the Chief new he was giving up the land. I expect to hear next. If you like your freedom, you can keep your freedom OR If you like your sovereignty, you can keep it. Kind of reminds me of the lies we heard for our past President. Oh, and just one more item I should mention. This transition phase could last until 2099 per this proposed agreement. Not exactly what the UK people voted for, now it it.

@Squirtgunsquirter Thanks for the compliment. Too many good people have died and been injured trying to preserve the U.K. to see it sold town the river by some globalist politician.

The 2016 referendum WAS and IS binding, David Cameron who was prime minister at the time said it was a one off decision for the British People. when we voted to leave-he wanted to remain- he resigned and Theresa May another remainer was elected by the Conservative Party, I don't think she ever wanted to leave the EU but to not do so would result in rioting in the streets. it seems a deal has now been agreed between the UK and the EU, not exactly the one we wanted but its the one we've got, whether TM can get it through parliament is another matter, the place is full of remoaners. I have never seen so many traitors in one place in the whole of my life.

Latest posts

Back