There has got to be...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the natural options for antibiotics?

Sadly, there aren't any and more and more bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics just like insects and other pests are becoming highly resistant to all the insecticides, miticides and fungicides. We can hardly grow a garden in TN as they're also resistant to all the organic or natural pesticides also.

...a site that sells medical supplies to civilians/preppers at a reasonable price.

Some of the Co-ops and the larger Drug stores carry what you're looking for. Try Reeve Sein (sp?).

All I can find is ones that supply doctor's offices and simple first aid kits. I am looking for hemostats, antibiotics, wound care bandages, chest seals, tourniquets etc... the best things that a civilian can get basically.... I would like to find some local anesthetics and stitch kits too but I am having no luck...anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

You can use the antibiotics found in pet shops (watch the expiration dates) and Co-ops. But be aware that most being sold are no longer very effective due to overuse. I've seen hemostats at flea markets, along with dental tools. Local anesthetics strong enough to allow suturing wounds and "stitch kits" will be harder to find as usually only Drs and Veterinarians would purchase and use them.

You can also try veterinary supply houses as well. I get all sorts of things from them and there is a place about an hour from here where I can buy human supplies as well.

I believe Sears still has the Farm Catalog and at the time I had livestock, sold a lot of things you don't see in the stores.

...a site that sells medical supplies to civilians/preppers at a reasonable price. All I can find is ones that supply doctor's offices and simple first aid kits. I am looking for hemostats, antibiotics, wound care bandages, chest seals, tourniquets etc... the best things that a civilian can get basically.... I would like to find some local anesthetics and stitch kits too but I am having no luck...anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

Have you taken an EMT course? There are people there who will help you find what you're looking for. Unless you know how to use some of these things they'll be worthless to you. :(

RV-Kitty is right. If you don't have the training you can actually do more harm than good. Some things are straight forward and self explanatory, others, just book learning won't cut it.

Google on Israeli bandages also. The EMT's I know love these things.

The Flat-Pac Response Kit on that site is a pretty good kit for the money...the others seem a bit pricey though.

Guys and gals, get with a medic, ER nurse, trauma doc and build your own.
Ask ''medicken'' he says he has 30 yrs experience and has been on this forum since Nov. 12, this would be a place to start. For some one starting out good quality BP cuff (I prefer purple cuff) w/ stethoscope (I prefer litman), pulse Ox, pin light, CPR mask or BVM, air way adjuncts, maybe a glucometer, bandages. Learn how to use them correctly. OTCs, there more uses than on the packages. On some OTCs you can get Rx dose if you know dosing calcs. Or how to use adult OTC med on children. I hope by stating my preference this is not advertising. There are many on here that can give you a complete list. For personal use there is no need to have a... if you can't use it correctly! the on line shopping places are a good place to start ''cheap, Quality''
Remember. '' FIRST DO NO HARM '' !!

Latest posts

Back