Helpful Info. Theories...What to expect for 2016.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't agree more, I'm lovin the gas prices personally!
It's still over $2.30 gallon here. Cheaper than $4.00 a gallon, but it's still far from "cheap". The problem with lower fuel prices is that government is foaming at the mouth to add more fuel taxes. Their reasoning is that people are used to paying high prices for fuel and we won't notice.

Economic news is getting scary....

Jobless claims up.
Stock market having numerous big drops.
No boats moving with goods in the Atlantic.
Global trade basically at a stand-still.
China continually getting called out on shady cooking of the books.

Sucks. Inevitable, but hope it takes longer please.

Economic news is getting scary....

Jobless claims up.
Stock market having numerous big drops.
No boats moving with goods in the Atlantic.
Global trade basically at a stand-still.
China continually getting called out on shady cooking of the books.

Sucks. Inevitable, but hope it takes longer please.

Yes. Longer. A LOT longer!

I posted this in "When does an 'economic collapse' begin?" So I will reiterate what Gaz and Rob said above "but hope it takes longer please"

"Profit warnings hit crisis-highs as market turmoil wracks UK plc
Turbulence takes it toll on corporates as economists warn that only the US Fed can end the market panic

Profit warnings have rocketed to their highest levels since the financial crisis amid growing market fears that the global economy is on the brink of a major new downturn.

Figures compiled by Ernst & Young show that UK-listed companies have issued 313 downgrades over the past year, the most since 2008.

The gloom intensified in the last three months of 2015, when the proportion of companies that said they would fail to meet their targets rose to its highest level since the dotcom crash in late 2001.

The pain from these falls “has been pushed down the supply chain” said Alan Hudson, EY’s head of restructuring for UK and Ireland, as oil producers have pulled back on capital expenditure and cancelled contracts. These businesses have “been at the sharp end, hit hardest and soonest”."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...is-highs-as-market-turmoil-wracks-UK-plc.html

I posted this in "When does an 'economic collapse' begin?" So I will reiterate what Gaz and Rob said above "but hope it takes longer please"

"Profit warnings hit crisis-highs as market turmoil wracks UK plc
Turbulence takes it toll on corporates as economists warn that only the US Fed can end the market panic

Profit warnings have rocketed to their highest levels since the financial crisis amid growing market fears that the global economy is on the brink of a major new downturn.

Figures compiled by Ernst & Young show that UK-listed companies have issued 313 downgrades over the past year, the most since 2008.

The gloom intensified in the last three months of 2015, when the proportion of companies that said they would fail to meet their targets rose to its highest level since the dotcom crash in late 2001.

The pain from these falls “has been pushed down the supply chain” said Alan Hudson, EY’s head of restructuring for UK and Ireland, as oil producers have pulled back on capital expenditure and cancelled contracts. These businesses have “been at the sharp end, hit hardest and soonest”."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...is-highs-as-market-turmoil-wracks-UK-plc.html
I believe it was the band Alabama that had a song that said "we were so poor that when Wall Street fell, we couldn't tell".
One thing I'm sure of is no matter what happens, there will still be an economy. There are still people that need to eat, tools that need a mechanic, etc. there may be more bartering, but people will still need things. There may not be much interest in investments and savings, but if you keep your eyes open for oppourtunities you will survive.

No doubt. I just mean that our current economy (debt and faith based) is doomed to fail eventually, and from indicators, will be sooner than later.

While there will always be economy, after the fall, I think there will be a fairly long (6 months to a year) period of complete unrest before a trade-based economy emerges. Eventually old states will re-emerge and new ones will rise, and once again create money, but said money will actually be backed by something then.

Stock market proving again that it is a rollercoaster. Back up a bunch this week....for no apparent good reason. I guess this at least buys us some more time to get ready for "whatever". Good thing! I'm still not quite ready. Probably never will feel like I am! ;)

I'm getting more and more worried about the bear in east,nothing good seems to come from there;they stuff muzzies over the border to de-stabilize us,now mad-vlad got pissed off that some of your F-15's and a few strykers are coming over for some friendly exercise this year...gosh how my russkies lovers got upset over it...
just a question,do you think they could "borrow" me a stryker?? promise to keep good care of it :)

Global instability brings a ton of hurt in particularly with nation feeling the heat from it's citizens, all I can do is go back historically and it isn't pretty! many wars have started because of the have-nots. We see a lot with what is going on now with countries staking claims to disputed areas so as to extract natural resources now add global instability to the mix. How many points of potential miscalculation that can easily turn into a vortex do we now have globally? Even territorial claims in the Arctic have reared it's head again now that russia is extending it's exclusive economic zone further out from 200 to 350 nautical miles pissing off the countries surrounding the Arctic. Generally all the players wants something and generally it's the same thing, someone is going to fxxx up!

and that fxxx up will start sooner than we expect :(
there's so many trigger happy dictators around here on this pretty globe surfing the space...

Latest posts

Back