THE tent!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
I want this! If for nothing else, then to go camping with YOU GUYS! No seriously, I thought this would be a cool idea for family and when going camping with a bunch of friends.... Or when you have to BUG OUT! I'm not sure of any advantages or disadvantages yet... I hadn't really given it much thought.

What do yall think of it?

http://www.gadgetwiki.com/20120110/decagon-link-station-modular-tents/

Looks cool..

Downfalls i see is firstly, cost...secondly, i think it would take a small army to erect and dismantle in any decent time.

Finally, i would imagine you would need a large area to set up. Even storage wise, would take up quite a bit of room.

Other than that..Awesome!

That is pretty sweet looking but if I was gonna go that far on a tent i'd rather have one of these

The Decagon Tent kinda worries me that it would just transform and walk away LOL.... It seems that it is quite bulky to transport although it does look good as a tent and capable of handling high winds and other elements.

The main problem I see with this tent (besides the time it would take to put this thing together) is the same problem with most tents on the market that I see.... not enough ventilation. Here in the South the tents need screened windows!!! If you don't have enough ventilation... you become like a potato in the oven but with sweat!

That is one mondo tent, but like Bravery said, in the south, without vents, you're roasting.
I like this one personally, for camping....

http://www.target.com/p/coleman-10-person-instant-cabin-tent/-/A-14347921#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

That said, with ANY purchased tent, I usually bring along a large tarp to go up over it as well (if expecting bad weather), for more shade, and more rain protection, because in FL, we get some really insane rain sometimes, that can tax most tents.

This tent goes up really fast (similar to a vendor type tent you'd see at a carnival or something)...has lots of screened windows, lots of room, and does well in the rain even on it's own (though I'd suggest leaving off the rain flap, like I would with most tents). All they ever seem to do is COLLECT FL rain, vs. add more water proofing.)

Latest posts

Back