The Survival Medicine Handbook

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc pops

Reaction score
OK, I just sent off for " The Survival Medicine Handbook " this book is Authored by , Joe Alton, MD & Amy Alton A.R.N.P...
This book is supposed to be written with the layperson in mind. I have been to there site it is very informative. They have a lot of PDF and or printable articles. I have found nothing to make me worry about the info they give out. The info is for information purposes only or to be used in a SHTF world.

I am buying this book so if I were to be the one down that someone could possibly help me. I am also getting this book so if it is as informative as I am hoping that I could recommend for our less medically inclined friends here. Information is power only if it is correct. I have seen nothing from there site that would give ma pause to think other wise.

So give me a week or so for it to come in and a couple of weeks to read, and I will get back to you.
Thanks.
Good luck, be safe, God bless!!

I'd love to hear a review from you once you have time . . .

OK, I just sent off for " The Survival Medicine Handbook " this book is Authored by , Joe Alton, MD & Amy Alton A.R.N.P...
This book is supposed to be written with the layperson in mind. I have been to there site it is very informative. They have a lot of PDF and or printable articles. I have found nothing to make me worry about the info they give out. The info is for information purposes only or to be used in a SHTF world.

I am buying this book so if I were to be the one down that someone could possibly help me. I am also getting this book so if it is as informative as I am hoping that I could recommend for our less medically inclined friends here. Information is power only if it is correct. I have seen nothing from there site that would give ma pause to think other wise.

So give me a week or so for it to come in and a couple of weeks to read, and I will get back to you.
Thanks.

Doc pops,

I know your busy, but did you get the book? What did you think of it? Any review? Is it worth the money spent?

Thanks

SB

Thanks.

Hi Silent Bob! I didn't find anything in it that bothered me, but I have the older version. I couldn't get the updated one in Canada. Looking forward to your review. Did you know they've just come out with a board game? What a great way to have conversations with friends and family who aren't quite on the same page as us. Prepper Nurse :)

Thanks.

I strongly recommend this book and as far as I am concerned it should be a mandatory book for the preppers library, the book is not cheap but worth the investment! Make sure it's the latest edition

Doc pops,

I know your busy, but did you get the book? What did you think of it? Any review? Is it worth the money spent?

Thanks

SB
Got the book, however I have not had a chance to do more than glance through it. Hoping to get into it this week. From what I have seen I am thinking it is going to be good. Give me a week.
Good luck, be safe, and God bless.

Sorry it took so long, the results are in! I am sending off for a second book, " Survival Medical Handbook"! In my opinion this book is worth the price paid and more! A teenager that can read could help a family members. This book is a good reference material for lay and medical personal.
If I were down and out be it medical or trauma, I would want those who were helping me to use this book to make me better.
If you have no or limited medical training, or if you are a medical professionals this book would be good to have on hand. I saw nothing in there that would cause me alarm or cause. All info was on point and up to date. The alternative medicine will be helpful after all modern medicines are gone. Good read! Honest! Practical! In terms that nonmedical personal can understand. Cheap insurance for you and yours health. This book could be used in good and bad times. Note as the Arthur's state in a disclaimer. This is not a substitute for trained medical help! Should only be used in a situation where there is no alternative. The book could be used for first aid, self help, and a reference now pre Dr. or hospital. My wife just told me she was getting 5 books one for each of out children. They are all gone from home, 3are in the military. This is the end all to information however if you have no other. The Survival Medical Handbook would be the book to have. Short, medium, long term care. Sick rooms, treatment, suturing, wound care, infectious disease control, quarantine, hygiene, antibiotics, OTCs... Floods, fire, earthquake, the list goes on!
NUFF SAID!!
Good luck, be safe, God bless

Sorry for the typo, it should have read -- This is NOT the end to all information, however if you have no other. The "Survival Medical Handbook" would be the book to have.
Doc pops

Thanks.
Looking forwards to hearing how you like it. I hope it covers herbs and natural remedies, of which I have very little knowledge. I have stockpiled some aspirin, but it would run out one day. I actually have a pretty good medical stash, but like I just said, it will run out. Knowing some about plants and alternative treatments would be a good skill.

Thanks doc pops, your endorsement is all I need to add it to my bookshelves as well. Thanks!

Thanks...Docpops...also did you get the info I posted on your comm issue?

Latest posts

Back