The State Of The Union, 7 Days After An EMP

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gazrok, I'm not sure what your background is, but 13% of the U.S. population are currently evangelical Christians, and what I outlined is exactly what they believe: that the U.S. will be hit by a limited nuclear exchange, taking them out of the Middle Eastern theatre of operations, and the AntiChrist will arise out of the European Union promising universal peace, racial unity, and a one world government. I am NOT one of them, I'm a Christian Identist. But millions of Americans do believe that. Obviously no modern nations are named, even Nostradomus couldn't do that good. LOL

But I agree, within 48 hours without power, and no promise of it coming back, the thin veneer of civilization would be stripped away and the cities would be tribal war zones.

Gazrok, I'm not sure what your background is, but 13% of the U.S. population are currently evangelical Christians, and what I outlined is exactly what they believe: that the U.S. will be hit by a limited nuclear exchange, taking them out of the Middle Eastern theatre of operations, and the AntiChrist will arise out of the European Union promising universal peace, racial unity, and a one world government. I am NOT one of them, I'm a Christian Identist. But millions of Americans do believe that. Obviously no modern nations are named, even Nostradomus couldn't do that good. LOL

But I agree, within 48 hours without power, and no promise of it coming back, the thin veneer of civilization would be stripped away and the cities would be tribal war zones.

that the U.S. will be hit by a limited nuclear exchange,

There is no such thing as limited "nuclear exchange".....When they start falling its the end no one wins.

How would a limited strike on the US take us out of the Middle Eastern theatre?

1) We have numerous bases in and around the Middle East.
2) We have carriers, and a Navy
3) We have subs
4) We have space-based weapons (whether we admit it or not)...
5) We have long range bombers

Just how exactly is any other power going to take us out of the Middle Eastern theatre?

As for background, grew up a military brat (and lived in many places, including the Middle East (Saudi Arabia to be specific, though this was in the early 80's, before most could find it on a map, lol...). Initially was going the military route but got sidelined for minor medical issue (that they would take me with, nowadays, but were picky then)... Then was going CIA (nothing glamorous, I was going in for what was then called the FBIS), but the coup in Russia kind of killed our student program. Since then, went more the traditional business route, but always kept my interest up in this kind of thing. Politics, defense, etc. Being exposed to many religions, though raised southern baptist, I studied them, even went to services of most major religions, to understand them.

but 13% of the U.S. population are currently evangelical Christians, and what I outlined is exactly what they believe: that the U.S. will be hit by a limited nuclear exchange, taking them out of the Middle Eastern theatre of operations, and the AntiChrist will arise out of the European Union promising universal peace, racial unity, and a one world government

I'm not so sure they all share that belief (even all of the 13%)....but it's really simple logistics. Waging war with the US is like fighting over 50 small nations, each with the most advanced military hardware on the planet. In addition, the sheer area of the US, a BMDS (Ballistic Missile Defense System), and many other factors make it difficult for most other powers to deliver WMD's here in mass numbers to great effect. Conversely, nations like Russia and China, or those in the Middle East, have but a handful of major targets.

There is no such thing as limited "nuclear exchange".....When they start falling its the end no one wins.

That's what we've been indoctrinated with since the 70's, but in reality, it isn't necessarily the case.

Well billy roper. The countries kinda are all named in the book of revelations. You have the bear which would be russia its the russian symbol. You have the eagle which also ends up being the united states but before the the battle of Armageddon its wings were plucked and ironically the major countries animal symbols are all in the book. So technically the countries are named by named but named by their animal symbol. Like us like Russia like china so on and so forth. So I personally wouldn't dismiss it. And as far as limited nuclear strikes idk but I do know if someone how Washington dc got wiped out or alot of any countries major cities the country in this case the US. Would be dead in the water so to speak. Cut off the snakes head, the snake dies.

That's what we've been indoctrinated with since the 70's, but in reality, it isn't necessarily the case.

Doomsday is a relative term it encompasses a lot of what if scenarios and none of us know exactly how these scenarios will ever play out in the grand scheme of things. We can speculate, use conjecture or whatever else we want but when your playing with this kind of power the rulers of the people do not exactly have the peoples best interest at heart it's win at all cost.

And as far as the Middle East goes they have been at each others throats for thousands of years and no amount of peace accords or goodwill gestures by the US or any other power is going to change that. What needs to happen if all these great powers want peace in the Middle East? Peace starts with the Middle East. The people of the Middle East are where the peace process starts....Its like the US treaties with the American Indians, 3000 of them and 2999 were broken or changed....Same way with the Middle East.

Militarily no there are not as many good targets over there as there are in say the US. But all it takes is one good strike.

Last edited:
With a limited nuclear exchange, and the likely resulting economic depression and balkanization, riots, and unrest, U.S. forces would be needed here, ASAP, at home.

With a limited nuclear exchange, and the likely resulting economic depression and balkanization, riots, and unrest, U.S. forces would be needed here, ASAP, at home.

The government would not pull troops out to defend us thats not their way. Theirs is to see that suffering and human rights in other countries are done away with not here......Look at the thousands of homeless and displaced veterans in the US, they do not give a rats ### about them....I have always thought it was an oxymoron that kids can go and die on foreign soil for something they have no beef with and no dog in the fight yet they cannot even buy beer!

And now that Trump is commander and chief the process is going to get even scarier than it is now.........Folks are bitching about the election being rigged! To hell with that....Congress should enact a law that requires every US President to have at least 3 years military service no less....

I've been seeing articles and news stories talking about balkanization and even civil war a lot the past couple of weeks.

Undertaker, yep, I know Dr. Nelson, he and I have attended several meetings together, and I spoke before his group, shoot, nearly twenty years ago, when I published my Master's Thesis. My book "The Balk" was largely an update of his book. He'll be pleased to hear people are still reading the original, too.

Undertaker, yep, I know Dr. Nelson, he and I have attended several meetings together, and I spoke before his group, shoot, nearly twenty years ago, when I published my Master's Thesis. My book "The Balk" was largely an update of his book. He'll be pleased to hear people are still reading the original, too.

Well it was not hard to find thats for sure........I even learned something by reading it so thats a start especially for me.

I have always thought it was an oxymoron that kids can go and die on foreign soil for something they have no beef with and no dog in the fight yet they cannot even buy beer!

Exactly! I've always had a big problem with that as well. If you're old to go get shot/blown-up for your country, you're danged sure old enough to buy beer.

And as far as the Middle East goes they have been at each others throats for thousands of years and no amount of peace accords or goodwill gestures by the US or any other power is going to change that. What needs to happen if all these great powers want peace in the Middle East? Peace starts with the Middle East. The people of the Middle East are where the peace process starts....Its like the US treaties with the American Indians, 3000 of them and 2999 were broken or changed....Same way with the Middle East.

We need to get over this illusion of peace in the Middle East. Simply put, shy of a deity coming down and saying, "Look guys, this is what I meant"....you simply cannot resolve the theological-based claim on the area stated by both main parties. It just isn't going to happen. The best we can hope for is a cease-fire and only that when it is because it is in both of their best interests. We came close, but until the Palestinians take Jerusalem (or part of it) off the table as a desire, simply no resolving it.

this is why we have M.A.D.- mutually assured destruction, in a nuclear war nobody wins, we all lose.

So we keep getting told. However, if you can take out the enemy inbounds, while yours hit the target, you most assuredly can "win"....

Exactly! I've always had a big problem with that as well. If you're old to go get shot/blown-up for your country, you're danged sure old enough to buy beer.

Actually, the drinking age is more relative to where you're stationed. Also, if within 50 miles of Mexico or Canada, military can drink on base at 18....though over the years, this has all fluctuated a bit. It's really all just a bit ridiculous anyhow.

The US has vast resources of raw material, in a rapidly growing world (population wise) it wouldn't make since to nuke this Country to annihilation nor contaminate the lands that hold the raw materials, if anything it would strictly be strategic strikes! The only ones wanting to destroy this Country are rogue nations NK/Iran etc.. Russia/China do not. As far as I'm concerned the Middle East/North Africa is no-mans land and should be treated as such, there will never be peace in that part of the world so let it be.

Nuclear war is survivable! The vast majority of nukes are in the KT today not MT as was in the 50s/60s and 70s.

Nuclear war is survivable! The vast majority of nukes are in the KT today not MT as was in the 50s/60s and 70s.

AND MOST OF THE BUGGERS ARE AIR BUST ergo little or no fallout to contend with, but localised EMP could be a bitch. No ground burst nukes and no sub terr nukes = Little fallout but lots of heat, light, blast and Gamma.

Latest posts

Back