The Reason Why I Do it.....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroMike

Reaction score
Hey all,

I hope all is well. I joined this site last year because i liked it and it made sense. I started prepping because i want to be ready for anything. I live in NJ on the jersey shore and if you know we got CRUSHED by hurricane sandy. It was terrible as i live 1 block from the shore...We got got hit hard i had my wife and 3 yr old to go with my mother in law as she had power. I held down the fort. We had no power for 3 weeks. It was rough, looters etc. BUT I WAS PREPARED...I know now we Will get more hurricanes and this will happen again...Want to know why you do it???

Well, not to be too frank, but the country is on sketchy slope... The economy collapsing is a big thing for me, mostly because it seems the most reasonable thing to prep for. Of course there's other things, but I'm a teen, and I'm going to go with what's got tons of hard facts to back it up. Anyway, just last night we had a tornado warning for right in our area, has been a couple years since that happened, but I had my bag in the tub with my water and a pocket full of 20s, took about 2 min and I wasn't hauling to get it done, I had friends over lol....anyway, I'm also an Eagle Scout, so I like the idea of being prepared.

I started because I feel something bad will happen soon/fairly soon. I want to be ready for anything. I also want to survive through anything. I got started. In prepping after watching a lot of the news, reading about other preppers and camping. It just makes sense to be ready for anything

i started because i figured we're due for a emp.then a economic colapse as well..(NOW) why i prep
i not only can't trust fema and/or who ever to step in and help out like thier suppose to after a disaster takes place..even (IF) they do,it'll liable to be some time before they get to me....and there'll be people roaming around for free hand outs in which (THEY) wont get..and there'll be people who (WILL) kill just to get what they need and/or want..and look at all natural and/or man made disasters since the dinosaurs went extinct..wars-millions have died through wars,famine again people have died,tornados and hurricanes people died,tsunamis people died,earthquaks people died ,volcanos people died,the dust bowl people died from starvation ,emp=electromagnetic pulse .drought. disease..wildfires..flooding..and what if a toxic spill or a nuclear reactor meltdown or power grid failure happened?major snow storms that take out the power and ever thing else..now here we are with obama in office,right along with congress and the senate..look how things have gone since obama first got elected.the so called health care plan..people lossing thier insurance over it.hospitals and doctors being forced to accept certain insurances.which will cost them money to the point where they either raise thier cost big time,or go out of buiesness.now what if YOU ended up in any of these situations? then what? what are you going to do just to servive?

Glad that you were prepared for hurricane Sandy! I have been hit heavily over the years with Rita and Ike, but as you, we were prepared and fared very well. Honestly I went to an Uncles house with the dogs for the first with hunny staying near home since he was PO. I did come home the day after though (actually had to call hunny to break thru the blockades). We had no electricity for a week and a half which was no biggy for me at all. We ran our freezers off the generators and even if I couldn't get that, I still had my canned goods and the dehydrated

I started prepping yrs ago after the Big Landers earthquake while living in southern California. I didnt get real serious though until 3 yrs ago. Now that I'm temporarily in no. Michigan I've had to put many preps on hold. Trying to concentrate on supplies for now.

looks like we're gonna have a rough winter this time round,even here in east texas..so i hope that everyone is prepareing for that.

looks like we're gonna have a rough winter this time round,even here in east texas..so i hope that everyone is prepareing for that.

Yes I saw on the news how cold it is over there I'm in Louisiana and am glad we don't have that kind of extreme weather here

i've seen seen snow here only once since i moved to where im liveing now in 2007..but yet.the roads n all do get bad dureing the winter.and it looks like we're labeled for another snow this winter..

Latest posts

Back