The nine most awesome movie bug out vehicles

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imo, it depends on the type of bugout.

people will probably want a good fuel efficient. Gasoline/Electric hybrids are probably the best option for cars. It is really hard to imagine exactly what people have going through their heads.

I'm really digging the rail trucks, as they can run on railroads. but I would want to improve that with suspension system for offroad. A solid 4wd truck that can run on gas/electric and even better if it can take diesel. You know what I'm talking about
http://lionelllc.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/fire-hirail.jpg?w=300&h=200

The other really cool vehicle is the flying car, they really exist now in various models, one of them lands in water but can take off from a highway, while the other can take off and land on roads, but is more of an ultralight.
I figure the flying cars are great prepper vehciles because it gives you access to the air to.

I'm going to keep my eye out for an old RV over the years.. old schoolbuses are good because there are so many of them so parts on a breakdown could realistically be obtained. I've seen some of these turned into RVs. The problem with big vehicles is the need for fuel so anyone who has a bugout vehicle, it should be able to carry or acquire as much fuel as you need to get to your bugout.

The one doomsday prepper show with the retired I think cop turned radioshow guy is a good example of a dooable vehicle. the transport truck is a good buy too as it has a cab and can haul pretty much anything you need.

Meanwhile the military has a lot of good systems.. fuel efficiency still leaves to be desired though.

I think any really good bov will have 4wd off road an excellent suspension system the ability to haul on its engine ex. 180hp + good fuel efficiency, and room

I really like the hummers too.

So far I would want a gas=diesel/electric hybrid 4wd truck with rail runners. that is atleast 180hp, or perhaps even an RV with rail runners :)

probably extended cap, improve suspension with a cab cover that is down sloping to the rear..

they are pretty expensive though even this 2008 is like 50k.
http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com...EVROLET-3500HD-4X2--HY-Rail-Truck-REDUCED-613

this is a 97' and still going for 15k
http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com/detail.asp?id=949&n=1997-Ford-F-Super-Duty-Hy-Rail-Truck-NEW

I think any madly super bov will both have rail runners, and offroad and on road with gas/electric.
the rail trucks have good towing capacity and are fairly rugged. lots of potentials with them.

fire-hirail.jpg

or check this out
2576606938_ddfd9e31e2.jpg

these things have offices in them

for a bugout those HHO vehicles look way more attractive if you have some solar pannels but you will probably add some weight in batteries.. electricity in general is not really needed but it helps. having the ability to convert your piss or someone elses into ammonia for fuel can go a long way if the refineries are taken off line by long term disaster.

a good winch system is also a vital off road tool.

being somewhere where only air or train can access will be a big bugout bonus

this one is cool too
the lift could be used for gaining some height for both radio communications and for visibility long distance viewing etc..

Last edited:
I had an 88 Suzuki Samurai but it had lots of probs. So I just traded it out for a freshly rebuilt Honda CR125 2 stroke w/some mods. Very fast and maneuverable and great on gas. I want to mount my AK to the handle bars and see if I could fire on the run, but just haven't worked up the cohonas to do this yet.

Best BOV is anything that is quiet and hard to see. :) haha I do love the idea of anything that will let me ride on railroads, that actually would fit perfectly into my Bug Out plan!

Latest posts

Back