The never ending search for...the BOV!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mahindra makes a Jeep knock off that is now sold in the US. It’s tough and small, and has a gas and diesel option. It dosent have all the emissions stuff on it nor turn signals so is sold as an off road vehicle only here. The reason I bring it up is it is built way tougher than any of the quads out there. It is very similar to the old willys Jeep. I think it starts around 15k though vs around 8 for a quad. It’s a pretty cool 4 wheel drive bug out vehicle though

About the same size as my Suzuki Samurai, which was street legal, but could only make 65 MPH if it had a tailwind, LOL. 5 speed manual. Old fashioned transfer case shifter. Manual locking hubs. Fold down windshield. Easily removable doors. Genuine roll bar. Extreme front and rear angles of attack. 100% old school off road vehicle.

When I was hunting in Georgia it was great, there was nowhere it wouldn't go, and I mean NOWHERE. And when the kids were little they had a blast riding in the back seat with the top down. I didn't even have real mudgrips on it, just some aggressive all weather tires.
Cross wet creek bed with steep banks? Piece of cake, LOL. It was part mountain goat.
Rollover? You would think it would prone to rollover, but it actually had a low center of gravity. I got sideswiped one time which blew out a tire and threw it sideways. It skidded all the way across the street sideways on dry asphalt.

When I started hunting mostly in Mississippi I really couldn't use it without towing it over there. I did try driving it the 800 mile round trip ONE TIME. Not it's forte, LOL.

Mahindra makes a Jeep knock off that is now sold in the US. It’s tough and small, and has a gas and diesel option. It dosent have all the emissions stuff on it nor turn signals so is sold as an off road vehicle only here. The reason I bring it up is it is built way tougher than any of the quads out there. It is very similar to the old willys Jeep. I think it starts around 15k though vs around 8 for a quad. It’s a pretty cool 4 wheel drive bug out vehicle though

Chrysler is suing Mahimdra, copyright issues, they trying to stop production.

About the same size as my Suzuki Samurai, which was street legal, but could only make 65 MPH if it had a tailwind, LOL. 5 speed manual. Old fashioned transfer case shifter. Manual locking hubs. Fold down windshield. Easily removable doors. Genuine roll bar. Extreme front and rear angles of attack. 100% old school off road vehicle.

When I was hunting in Georgia it was great, there was nowhere it wouldn't go, and I mean NOWHERE. And when the kids were little they had a blast riding in the back seat with the top down. I didn't even have real mudgrips on it, just some aggressive all weather tires.
Cross wet creek bed with steep banks? Piece of cake, LOL. It was part mountain goat.
Rollover? You would think it would prone to rollover, but it actually had a low center of gravity. I got sideswiped one time which blew out a tire and threw it sideways. It skidded all the way across the street sideways on dry asphalt.

When I started hunting mostly in Mississippi I really couldn't use it without towing it over there. I did try driving it the 800 mile round trip ONE TIME. Not it's forte, LOL.
I have the Mitsubishi version of the Jeep that came from Japan. Right hand drive and all. It is street legal and has a turbo diesel in it. The sucker will go anywhere, except over 60mph! It would do it but it gets kind of squirrelly. It is finished off a little better than the mahindra but looks very similar. It’s fun to drive and gets a lot of attention but is a play toy only. I wouldn’t think of a long trip in it either.

Chrysler is suing Mahimdra, copyright issues, they trying to stop production.
They made them change the grill some, saying it was too close of a copy of the Jeep. They did manage to make them only sell it for off road use in the US too, so I guess they won the law suit. No real competition now for them.

I've read about these things. They sound pretty good. Now if you could put a set of tracks on it you'd a true "go (almost) anywhere" off road vehicle. The problem with these vehicles is when they get stuck, and they do, your really stuck.
In Alaska I had an 8 wheel drive Argo, with tracks for winter. I've been stuck many times with it. I had it set up where I could put the winch on the front or the rear. Also carried a deadman, extra tow straps and a come-along.

I've read about these things. They sound pretty good. Now if you could put a set of tracks on it you'd a true "go (almost) anywhere" off road vehicle. The problem with these vehicles is when they get stuck, and they do, your really stuck.
In Alaska I had an 8 wheel drive Argo, with tracks for winter. I've been stuck many times with it. I had it set up where I could put the winch on the front or the rear. Also carried a deadman, extra tow straps and a come-along.
I’ve seen videos of Alaska in the springtime. One guy was making his way to his homestead. He would get stuck, dig out, and go a few hundred yards at best to get stuck again. He made it to his site eventually but it taught me that Alaska breeds some tough and determined people.

I’ve seen videos of Alaska in the springtime. One guy was making his way to his homestead. He would get stuck, dig out, and go a few hundred yards at best to get stuck again. He made it to his site eventually but it taught me that Alaska breeds some tough and determined people.
That's pretty accurate for ATV's. I'd get my Argo stuck a lot but mostly in quicksand while crossing river channel's or during low tide.

Latest posts

Back