The Net-Zero Narrative Is Riddled With Holes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The history of fuel. No natural fuel source has ever been depleted. When the source becomes scarce, the price of that fuel increases. As the price increases, alternate fuel becomes viable. Small example: Wood (forest) supplies were depleted close to cities, then coal became viable. I repeat, the human race has never run out of any natural fuel source, not even whale oil. From wood to coal to whale oil to natural oil to natural gas, each source still exists. In time, fossil fuels will become too expensive, so alternate energy sources will become more viable. There is no need to crimple an economy to force early adoption of any of the so called "Renewable" energy sources. Their time will come.

proven oil reserves we have left. And its measured in the hundreds of years, and longer. Of course the Leftist media doesn't want this information to get out, and the ignorant masses all want a magic wand approach to fix all the perceived problems of the world. Many people it seems today want to live in a science fiction drama world where we're running out of resources and the sky is falling. When it comes to oil and gas, that's bullshyt.

I'm far from leftist and hundreds of years sounds like a long time. But it really isn't considering how long it took for ancient shallow oceans to turn into oil. Oil is a finite resource so hopefully mankind will figure out a alternative by then. But that's simply kicking the can down the road. "They" already know how to produce free energy, but they haven't figured out how to transition to it and remain rich. Like the song says, "money, so they say, is the root of all evil today".

I'm far from leftist and hundreds of years sounds like a long time. But it really isn't considering how long it took for ancient shallow oceans to turn into oil. Oil is a finite resource so hopefully mankind will figure out a alternative by then. But that's simply kicking the can down the road. "They" already know how to produce free energy, but they haven't figured out how to transition to it and remain rich. Like the song says, "money, so they say, is the root of all evil today".
Its actually closer to a couple thousand years of known reserves. And there's a lot of thought that oil is still being formed to this day. I kind of agree with you that oil could be depleted some day, but not for dozens of generations. I dont think we have to worry about it for a long, long time. In the mean time, why not enjoy the life that oil and gas provides for us all?

Where did you get that oil is a finite resource? Its a plentiful, renewable resource. It keeps getting renewed. Where has oil been depleted?

That's what I was taught in school. How are you so certain "Its a plentiful, renewable resource. It keeps getting renewed"?

There have been scandals over the years from companies overstating reserves to make them look richer and more important than they are. Years ago In Kuwait somebody leaked a secret government study that said Kuwait’s reserves were less than half what they had been saying. The government made the whole issue even more secret and refused to answer further questions about the report.

Its a guess how much oil exists under our feet but IMO, it's common sense. It took millions of years for ancient sea beds to turn into oil. Yeah, I guess our present day sea beds will eventually turn to oil, in millions of years.

https://www.resilience.org/stories/...ter-than-predicted-wall-street-journal-finds/
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12/21/texas-abandoned-oil-wells-seen-ticking-time-bombs-/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03...il-dries-up-natives-wallow-in-abject-poverty/
https://www.sudanspost.com/oil-wells-dry-up-as-depletion-hit-south-sudan-govt/

Last edited:
That's what I was taught in school. How are you so certain "Its a plentiful, renewable resource. It keeps getting renewed"?

There have been scandals over the years from companies overstating reserves to make them look richer and more important than they are. Years ago In Kuwait somebody leaked a secret government study that said Kuwait’s reserves were less than half what they had been saying. The government made the whole issue even more secret and refused to answer further questions about the report.

Its a guess how much oil exists under our feet but IMO, it's common sense. It took millions of years for ancient sea beds to turn into oil. Yeah, I guess our present day sea beds will eventually turn to oil, in millions of years.

https://www.resilience.org/stories/...ter-than-predicted-wall-street-journal-finds/
I got my information by working in the oil industry up to the level of executive vice president. I worked in oil fields throughout the US and several overseas fields.
You can believe the liberal BS from school, NPR or the BBC if you want. I know the real inside story.

I got my information by working in the oil industry up to the level of executive vice president. I worked in oil fields throughout the US and several overseas fields.
You can believe the liberal BS from school, NPR or the BBC if you want. I know the real inside story.

What else would expect a executive vice president say? lol

No one really knows how much oil is below us, unless you still have those X-ray glasses we ordered from comic books..

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12/21/texas-abandoned-oil-wells-seen-ticking-time-bombs-/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03...il-dries-up-natives-wallow-in-abject-poverty/
https://www.sudanspost.com/oil-wells-dry-up-as-depletion-hit-south-sudan-govt/

What you should have learned in school is Oil is abiotic, not the product of long decayed biological matter. And oil, is not a non-renewable resource. It, like coal, and natural gas, replenishes from sources within the mantle of earth.

What else would expect a executive vice president say? lol

No one really knows how much oil is below us, unless you still have those X-ray glasses we ordered from comic books..
Of course nobody knows exactly whats under ground. But we have a pretty good idea of what is in the discovered and known reserves. Its called real science and geology, not the marxist global warming garbage that only brainless fools follow. Believe what you want. Don't matter to me.

What you should have learned in school is Oil is abiotic, not the product of long decayed biological matter. And oil, is not a non-renewable resource. It, like coal, and natural gas, replenishes from sources within the mantle of earth.

What you should have learned in school is that the molecular structure of hydrocarbons can often be directly linked to pigments, chlorophyll, leaf waxes, etc. of species that biology and paleontology tells us were dominant at those places during times when oil formed. Oil can be formed abiotically, and there are few known examples of this most notably from a few Russian oil fields. But this oil tends to differ in identifiable ways from the usual variety, and is by far minuscule compared to our oil needs and reservoirs of organic origin.

Last edited:
oil was formed over millions of years, it is NOT renewable not in the short term, it is a finite item, once its all used up its all gone, at least for another million years.
if oil is so plentiful why are they mining shale oil which is more expensive to produce and a lower class product?

oil was formed over millions of years, it is NOT renewable not in the short term, it is a finite item, once its all used up its all gone, at least for another million years.
if oil is so plentiful why are they mining shale oil which is more expensive to produce and a lower class product?
Of course oil was formed over millions of years, and it didn't just stop overnight. Oil comes from many types of deposits, shale being just one. Thats where fracking works so well.
If a company wants to "mine" shale oil, or tar sands, so what, its their investment dollars. Oil is sold on the open market. There are different qualities of oil, like sweet, brent etc that bring different prices. Oil isn't a government controlled commodity, at least in the US.

Its actually closer to a couple thousand years of known reserves. And there's a lot of thought that oil is still being formed to this day. I kind of agree with you that oil could be depleted some day, but not for dozens of generations. I dont think we have to worry about it for a long, long time. In the mean time, why not enjoy the life that oil and gas provides for us all?
really? on a prepper form I find that "rose tinted glasses", I dont know of anyone outside of America that would agree with that theory.
compared to other "ages" in history and pre history the "oil age" will be but a blink in time.

really? on a prepper form I find that "rose tinted glasses", I dont know of anyone outside of America that would agree with that theory.
That's fine. Most of the world is ignorant of the truth. The information is available for anyone that wants to look. Of course the real numbers won't be found on some crackpot site like NPR or the BBC. Follow the agenda, and the money.

I guess one can believe what they want.
I studied "peak oil" many many years ago and the consensus is very different.
there are many on prepper and homesteading sites who want to hang on to their current life styles and cannot contemplate a different life no matter what the circumstances. other forces are at work.

And if TPTB decided that in order to save the planet/mandkind, you have to reduce your carbon footprint to, say a 1,200sqft home? With a smart meter regulating you thermostat to 78 in the summer and 62 in the winter? You can only drive your micro-electric car 25miles a week and pay a tax on every mile? Food: plant based only and there is a tax on that too. Or grow it your own, as long as it does not involve real meat. A CarbonValueAdded Tax for every mile any product takes to get to your grocery store? That head of lettuce from CA is now $23.99.
But, just like the recent Obama-fest, those rules do not apply to them?

You okay with that?
At what point did I agree with any of the article you started with in this thread ? Did my post here lead you to believe I was ok with the extremes? As if that would ever happen? I am not. You are a Marine Intel guy so you should be able to understand my post. We the people don't need anyone to tell us to change, we can take, or not take action now should we choose to do so. And whoever is in charge will always be exempt no matter which side is in power. Don't we keep hearing the same things from government year after year? We did serve that government at one time. We are both on the same side if we belong to this site.

compared to other "ages" in history and pre history the "oil age" will be but a blink in time.
I do believe there is still alot of oil out there, but most scientists say we are past the point of peak oil. Thats the easily gotten stuff. Now they are working on extracting the harder to get stuff, which pollutes even more. It just makes sense to strive for cleaner options here. Most cities have so much pollution now that it’s comparable to being a smoker. Im realistic here, and its not going to magically clear up overnight, but why wouldn’t looking for cleaner sources be the smart thing to do?

Latest posts

Back