The Many Ways To Start A Fire

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Of course most people have lighters and matches, but these here are some examples of how to start a fire when you either run out of fluid/matches or in a rush you forgot to pack them.
for these operations to work you must first have some tinder or a flammable substance like cotton balls, birds nest, etc to get the fire going.

1. Brillo pad and a 9volt battery:
place the Brillo in you flammable object mentioned above.
touch the 9volt battery to the Brillo pad.
the Brillo should arch the battery enough to start your fire.

2. a AA battery and a staple:
at the negative end of the battery, right below the edge you'll see a ring, cut the plastic around the ring and remove the plastic from that point.
you should see the 2 round pieces (the negative end and right beneath it) wedge a knife or something in between these 2 pieces and separate them, just a little bit mind you, just enough to get your staple in them.
as soon as you do, the staple should get really hot and possibly spark.
hit your flammable material (mentioned above) with it to start your fire.

3. car battery, jumper cables, and a pencil:
take your pencil and carve it down on both ends down to the pencil lead (be careful not to break the lead).
hook up the positive and negative side to your car battery.
hook up the other side of the cables, one on each end, to the pencil lead.
the lead should get red hot and start the rest of the wood part on fire.
then add it to your flammable materials (mentioned above) to start your fire.

there are many others that I'll add later when i find them, or you can add to it also.
i don't know if it works better but I've heard chap stick is petroleum based and if you add it to your flammable material (rub it into it) it'll make your fired substance a bit stronger during wind or rain etc.

Of course most people have lighters and matches, but these here are some examples of how to start a fire when you either run out of fluid/matches or in a rush you forgot to pack them.
for these operations to work you must first have some tinder or a flammable substance like cotton balls, birds nest, etc to get the fire going.

there are many others that I'll add later when i find them, or you can add to it also.
i don't know if it works better but I've heard chap stick is petroleum based and if you add it to your flammable material (rub it into it) it'll make your fired substance a bit stronger during wind or rain etc.
This is great! Thank you so much for starting this thread!
I am sure it will help many people!

though, tbh, ive never tryed any of these, so if someone decides to test them out, please do share your results.
Also If ANYONE TRIES THIS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DOOMSDAY PREPPER FORUMS.com AND ITS STAFF, MEMBERS AND GUESTS ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE WHO HURT OR KILL THEMSELVES OR OTHERS AND/OR DAMAGE AND/OR DESTROY PROPERTY EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE WHILE ATTEMPTING ANY THING POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.

Also If ANYONE TRIES THIS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DOOMSDAY PREPPER FORUMS.com AND ITS STAFF, MEMBERS AND GUESTS ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PEOPLE WHO HURT OR KILL THEMSELVES OR OTHERS AND/OR DAMAGE AND/OR DESTROY PROPERTY EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE WHILE ATTEMPTING ANY THING POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
ROFL!
oh ya i forgot to mention that part.

I added it the warning to the terms and conditions of the site. This way when people sign up there is no excuse for people not to know them.
the only problem with that, is nobody really reads them.
you could put, "By Accepting This You Now Owe The Owner Of The Site 1 Years Paycheck!"
and i gaurentee someone will still hit the accept box ROFL!

the only problem with that, is nobody really reads them.
you could put, "By Accepting This You Now Owe The Owner Of The Site 1 Years Paycheck!"
and i gaurentee someone will still hit the accept box ROFL!
True, but in court ignorance is never an excuse.

well to all the people:
again at your own risk, but might as well try it now while theres medical help available lmao, i dont think that health insurance is gonna be worth a damn once shtf lmao.

well to all the people:
again at your own risk, but might as well try it now while theres medical help available lmao, i dont think that health insurance is gonna be worth a damn once shtf lmao.
That is true, and I am willing to bet that hospitals will be looted very quickly especially since there "uniformed security" is a joke. Pharmacies will be right behind the hospitals. Those looted drugs will sell at a premium.

yup!
I live right around the corner from Wal-Mart, Im contemplating hitting up the sporting goods dept. at the start of it.
i think most people will be at the food or pharmacy sections.
but that is a kinda risky idea, instead of taking the opportunity to head out.
pro:1. i might be able to pick up extra gear and maybe some food (not a lot of people know it, but wal-mart sells mre's)
2. there's a crap load of backstreet ways to get to my bug out location.
Con: 1. what if i get nothing and waste the opportunity to get while the getten is good.
2. what if i get really hurt in the "rioting", with little to no medical help available.
Kind of a risk vs reward type thing.

yup!
I live right around the corner from Wal-Mart, Im contemplating hitting up the sporting goods dept. at the start of it.
i think most people will be at the food or pharmacy sections.
but that is a kinda risky idea, instead of taking the opportunity to head out.
pro:1. i might be able to pick up extra gear and maybe some food (not a lot of people know it, but wal-mart sells mre's)
2. there's a crap load of backstreet ways to get to my bug out location.
Con: 1. what if i get nothing and waste the opportunity to get while the getten is good.
2. what if i get really hurt in the "rioting", with little to no medical help available.
Kind of a risk vs reward type thing.
It sounds like a good idea now, but I am sure the situation will dictate your actions. I would love to have the time to run into a Turners or Big 5. Hopefully there is a gun show the weekend before the shtf!

how about potassium permanganate , and Glycerin
add some water to even make it hotter
no need for 100%dry wood

hand drill
fire plough
bow drill
magnifying glass

I dont want to step by step them your on the computer for petes sake. copy and paste.
earn some learning. LOL

hand drill
fire plough
bow drill
magnifying glass

I dont want to step by step them your on the computer for petes sake. copy and paste.
earn some learning. LOL
copy and paste has served me well.
I just ask that people do not try to pass it off as there own. please give credit to the original author.

Latest posts

Back