The Many Ways To Start A Fire

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant for people to copy "fire plough"
paste it on google and learn for themselves.

But I know what you mean. Plagiarism is illegal

I meant for people to copy "fire plough"
paste it on google and learn for themselves.

But I know what you mean. Plagiarism is illegal
That it is, and I do not need the legal headaches.

I have already checked out "fire plough"
I am going to see if I can actually use one.
images

LOL good luck, it can be done if you do it like the indian raindancers (they didnt stop till it rained)
Here is some usefull info for you about fire plough (from my many mistakes doing it)
Picture you got looks great, but............ I do it with a wrapped cloth around the top. more force can be subjected this way more force is more friction more friction is more heat.... faster fire.
I also crack the wood where I will be ploughing (plowing???) opening the crack up i insert some Dry grass cedar bark fuzz, or "Scout tender" insert a small piece of wood in the end of it to keep it open. Cut off what sticks out the top ofcrack with your knife. Dont worry if there are little pieces up, you will wear them off quickly with the hardwood. Start plowing and stopping before the crack slowly moving farther into the crack as you go. Too fast the crack allows the rod to cool, But the crack also allowes oxygen into the mix, so is much faster in the end.
You will find that gloves are good for begginers, blisters and such will happen faster than you think LOL

Just for fun I mentioned "scout tender" = char-cloth, for all of those that want to use those altiods cans for something else usefull.

Hey 1 more for your list of fun things to try why you are practicing your cussing
Aboriginal fire saw

LOL, im cool with my BIC for the moment!

btw, im not sure if its in all states but Harbor Frieght has a sale on flint n steel for $1.99 right now, as well as an 8" blade survival kit Rambo style knife but i didnt see the price.

LOL, im cool with my BIC for the moment!

btw, im not sure if its in all states but Harbor Frieght has a sale on flint n steel for $1.99 right now, as well as an 8" blade survival kit Rambo style knife but i didnt see the price.
The thing about a bic is they always work. I like the white ones because you can see how much fuel is in them, I think I learned that from one of you guys.

Things that catch a spark, there is a whole lot of store bought stuff but what has worked best for me is VASELINE AND COTTON BALLS. Just smear some vaseline on the cotton balls, mix it real well and there you have it, instant fire starter. DRYER LINT don't through it out, dryer lint takes a spark just how it is. Great fire starters with stuff that's around the house. Anyone have any other ones ? I would sure like to try them out.

Things that catch a spark, there is a whole lot of store bought stuff but what has worked best for me is VASELINE AND COTTON BALLS. Just smear some vaseline on the cotton balls, mix it real well and there you have it, instant fire starter. DRYER LINT don't through it out, dryer lint takes a spark just how it is. Great fire starters with stuff that's around the house. Anyone have any other ones ? I would sure like to try them out.
save the tissue paper from gifts at Christmas/birthdays.

yup!
I live right around the corner from Wal-Mart, Im contemplating hitting up the sporting goods dept. at the start of it.
i think most people will be at the food or pharmacy sections.
but that is a kinda risky idea, instead of taking the opportunity to head out.
pro:1. i might be able to pick up extra gear and maybe some food (not a lot of people know it, but wal-mart sells mre's)
2. there's a crap load of backstreet ways to get to my bug out location.
Con: 1. what if i get nothing and waste the opportunity to get while the getten is good.
2. what if i get really hurt in the "rioting", with little to no medical help available.
Kind of a risk vs reward type thing.

Man, I ate a LOT of MRE's in my military days, and I can honestly say that I'd rather subsist on bark and bugs. In all honesty, if you're in a big urban area-I'd skip Wally World. Those places will be freakin riot central.

Of course most people have lighters and matches, but these here are some examples of how to start a fire when you either run out of fluid/matches or in a rush you forgot to pack them.
for these operations to work you must first have some tinder or a flammable substance like cotton balls, birds nest, etc to get the fire going.

1. Brillo pad and a 9volt battery:
place the Brillo in you flammable object mentioned above.
touch the 9volt battery to the Brillo pad.
the Brillo should arch the battery enough to start your fire.

2. a AA battery and a staple:
at the negative end of the battery, right below the edge you'll see a ring, cut the plastic around the ring and remove the plastic from that point.
you should see the 2 round pieces (the negative end and right beneath it) wedge a knife or something in between these 2 pieces and separate them, just a little bit mind you, just enough to get your staple in them.
as soon as you do, the staple should get really hot and possibly spark.
hit your flammable material (mentioned above) with it to start your fire.

3. car battery, jumper cables, and a pencil:
take your pencil and carve it down on both ends down to the pencil lead (be careful not to break the lead).
hook up the positive and negative side to your car battery.
hook up the other side of the cables, one on each end, to the pencil lead.
the lead should get red hot and start the rest of the wood part on fire.
then add it to your flammable materials (mentioned above) to start your fire.

there are many others that I'll add later when i find them, or you can add to it also.
i don't know if it works better but I've heard chap stick is petroleum based and if you add it to your flammable material (rub it into it) it'll make your fired substance a bit stronger during wind or rain etc.

4. Pop one of your bullets out of the brass, sprinkle the powder on your tinder, and use a commercial firestarter (magnesium block with striker, is my choice)

4. Pop one of your bullets out of the brass, sprinkle the powder on your tinder, and use a commercial firestarter (magnesium block with striker, is my choice)
mag+flint $3 at Harbor Frieght, id save the bullets, + arnt they around $2 a pop (bullets)?

Man, I ate a LOT of MRE's in my military days, and I can honestly say that I'd rather subsist on bark and bugs. In all honesty, if you're in a big urban area-I'd skip Wally World. Those places will be freakin riot central.
too true, but those are military MRE's, ive heard store bought are a bit better, id rather have them than take a chance on my family/kids not eating, even for one night, they will give me an oppertunity to find other food resources, rather it be bugs or deer.

i get what yor sayen about Wal-mart, but its like 2 blocks away, which may give me ample time to get in and out before it gets too bad, however, ive had time to think since that post, and imma agree and say its not a great idea. even if i did get in n out quick, something may be happening to my family in the mean time, and thats not a risk im willing to take.

id av to go with petrol lol nothing beats singin ur eyebrows lol but in all seriousness we have a conifer hedge and when i trim the hedge i keep the trimmings because when they dry they burn quite well especially the dry dead ones we're going to start bundling some up this weekend

id av to go with petrol lol nothing beats singin ur eyebrows lol but in all seriousness we have a conifer hedge and when i trim the hedge i keep the trimmings because when they dry they burn quite well especially the dry dead ones we're going to start bundling some up this weekend
again, if SHTF, how easy do you think its going to be to get gas (petrol)? why would you waste such a presious resource, when theres many other ways to go about it?

well ud only need a cap full but bail band is gud is u use a lighter or a flint. has anyone used a flint?

mag+flint $3 at Harbor Frieght, id save the bullets, + arnt they around $2 a pop (bullets)?

Not at my house. I can reload .45 ACP's for less than .40 apiece at this point.

My buddy did that, burned them right off !

I did this with charcoal lighter fluid the bottle exploded in my hand! You should really pay attention to the label.. LOLburn.jpg

Hurt like hell !! Had to go back to the hospital every other day,burned from my hand all the way to my armpit. The cleaning was worse than the burn itself

Latest posts

Back