The Item Of A Million Uses

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad used it for almost everything. . .even fixed mom's wheelchair with it and his car cover was mainly duct tape.

My stepmom says to use it if you have Dry cracked heals.You just tape the cracks back together.She says it has to be duct tape though something in the sticky on it.Idk she's a physicians assistant so I would give it a try if my feet got that bad I guess.

Duct tape can also be used to close gashes (wounds). Cut it in a butterfly shape |><| then use it to hold the gash like a stitch. Learned this during my MSR (Mountain Search and Rescue) days in a training conducted by the Red Cross.

I did Heating and cooling work for well over 20 years,I get panicky if I notice that I have less than 5 full roles on my shelf,lol.Only the good stuff too (3M or Gorilla) as like anything else,you get what you pay for.I'm also very fond of 3M's double sided tape too and paracord,there's a million uses for those as well.

The bandana thing was awesome, the tampon thing slightly less so - still lots of great ideas.

Google for some other survival tampon uses. There are other, better links I've seen, that was just a quick one I could think of.

I'm a big fan of BOB items that have multiple uses. For example, one of my favorites is this. It's basically a crank radio, cell-phone charger, and flashlight. (and for $17)
A minute of cranking will give you about 30 minutes of flashlight use, 10 minutes of radio use, or 1 minute of cell-phone use. (though I find it takes about 3 minutes of cranking if the cell-phone is completely dead, to get it to power on).

radio.jpg

If it moves and shouldn't = duct tape
It it doesn't move, and should = WD-40

The geek in me says duct tape is like the Force, in Star Wars....it has a light side, and a dark side, and binds the Universe together.

Latest posts

Back