The forgotten items list

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys have a stethoscope in your preps? I had overlooked that item. My cat is ill and I realized how much we need one.
Yes, I have 2. One for medical use the other for other uses and as a backup
I also have a otoscope

Do you guys have a stethoscope in your preps? I had overlooked that item. My cat is ill and I realized how much we need one.

This will sound strange, maybe. I got one to determine if the apartments joining my unit were occupied. During a SHTF, it would be important to know if a unit was vacant or if unknowns had moved into it. Paranoia strikes deep. LOL

Yep, I keep stethoscope, 2 sized of the hand pump type of blood pressure cuff, mercury thermometers, I don't keep none of the new fingled battery operated digital stuff in my first aid.

I only keep the mercury ones in there too. The ratings and problems with the others are just too high. My hubby bought one that was expensive and do t you know it only worked properly for a few months!

I don't have one because I don't know how to use it. Put it on someone's chest and listen. O.K. listen to what? I don't know what is good and what is bad. If it is bad what am I going to do about it? Tell them to go see a doctor?

I don't have one because I don't know how to use it. Put it on someone's chest and listen. O.K. listen to what? I don't know what is good and what is bad. If it is bad what am I going to do about it? Tell them to go see a doctor?
I agree that without access to advanced medical care and drugs knowing someone’s bp is elevated isn’t a lot of good. I also think that if you become part of a group then having more resources is still worthwhile. There is a thread about what to do for a sucking chest wound Here somewhere. Sure, I can stabilize someone but without immediate surgical care and treatment they are going to die anyways.

I only keep the mercury ones in there too. The ratings and problems with the others are just too high. My hubby bought one that was expensive and do t you know it only worked properly for a few months!
Just to show you how bacward I was when digital thermometers first came out--I took the digital thermometer to take my sister's temp, and was shaking it down like the mercury thermometer.

I never knew why it needed to be shaken down . . . I just did it.

The reason I want one is because my cat is having breathing problems and I want to hear.

if for no other reason - you prep med gear like a stethoscope for the chance opportunity of putting a necessary tool into experienced hands ...

going to be all kinds of med personnel wandering the wasteland in a serious SHTF - empty handed because their hospital or clinic was overrun by the sheeple horde >>> the ability to equip a Doc not only could save a family member's life but it might persuade them to make the trip to your locale ...

Latest posts

Back