The Fall of Hospitals

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ENT will be useless unless you know what you are looking at or for.
We have one and actually have a bottle of antivenom (Further down the list) My wife knows how to use them, but I do not.
Thank you. I know this list is excellent, but I am trying to sort through what is worth investing in, and what would technically be useless for me. Having this kit may not be a bad idea, in case someone comes around who can use it and would benefit from having it. But if there are things that I know what they are and how to use them, I will more likely benefit from having them.

Hi guys.

I would add a pressure cooker to the medical supplies, as a pressure cooker can work as an autoclave to completely sterilize medical materials.

Also, I may have missed it . . . but where are the urinary catheters? Any number of illnesses and injuries may lead to a difficulty in urination, so where are the catheters? Does anyone here (besides Dr. Jenner) know how to put one in? What about the urinary tract infections that can happen with catheters?

What about Hibiclens (antimicrobial surgical soap)?

Preventing infection seems to be the bigger priority than trying to cure everything by throwing antibiotics at it in a haphazard manner without having formal medical training.

Thank you. I know this list is excellent, but I am trying to sort through what is worth investing in, and what would technically be useless for me. Having this kit may not be a bad idea, in case someone comes around who can use it and would benefit from having it. But if there are things that I know what they are and how to use them, I will more likely benefit from having them.
I have the spouse with 9 letters after her name, so in that aspect I am lucky. Hopefully she will be conscious enough to talk me through it, if I got to do anything.
Stay with the first aid materials and over the counter meds to start with. My rough estimate is about 5k. For the whole list.

I have the spouse with 9 letters after her name, so in that aspect I am lucky. Hopefully she will be conscious enough to talk me through it, if I got to do anything.
Stay with the first aid materials and over the counter meds to start with. My rough estimate is about 5k. For the whole list.
My guess, is that it is worth every cent. I just don't want to drop 5k on things I have no idea about. Many things, I will look into getting.

And as for antivenom, does everyone here realize that several different kinds may be necessary? And that it can take up to 10 or 15 vials of antivenom to turn around a snakebite victim? Also, that this much antivenom can cost as much as $18,000.00?

Are all of you confident that you can tell the difference between an eastern diamondback, a timber rattler, a water moccasin, and the different kinds of pygmie rattlers?

Or that bites from a copperhead or a pygmie rattler (Sistrurus sp.) almost never need antivenom even if the snake injects a large dosage of venom?

Preventing infection seems to be the bigger priority than trying to cure everything by throwing antibiotics at it in a haphazard manner without having formal medical training.
You mean the little scrubbie pads? Good point.
I use them on the ponies.

And as for antivenom, does everyone here realize that several different kinds may be necessary? And that it can take up to 10 or 15 vials of antivenom to turn around a snakebite victim? Also, that this much antivenom can cost as much as $18,000.00?

Are all of you confident that you can tell the difference between an eastern diamondback, a timber rattler, a water moccasin, and the different kinds of pygmie rattlers?

Or that bites from a copperhead or a pygmie rattler (Sistrurus sp.) almost never need antivenom even if the snake injects a large dosage of venom?
. With Dogs, it’s usually 2-3 bottles. That’s why we have 1 to start with. DVM retail about 1200 a bottle. Even with western rattlers, within an hour drive, you can have 2 different types of toxin.

Hi guys.

I would add a pressure cooker to the medical supplies, as a pressure cooker can work as an autoclave to completely sterilize medical materials.

Also, I may have missed it . . . but where are the urinary catheters? Any number of illnesses and injuries may lead to a difficulty in urination, so where are the catheters? Does anyone here (besides Dr. Jenner) know how to put one in? What about the urinary tract infections that can happen with catheters?

catheters,well yes, one here who knows how to use them, for both sexes,

And that it can take up to 10 or 15 vials of antivenom to turn around a snakebite victim? Also, that this much antivenom can cost as much as $18,000.00?

Someone real close to me was bitten by a Southwestern Rattlesnake. A week in the hospital + 30 I.V. bags of antivenom (@ $3,000 per bag) = $350,000.o_O

Hi guys.

Although 2% glutaraldehyde is often the first-line agent for endoscopic disinfection, its adverse reactions are common among staff and it is less effective against certain mycobacteria and spore-bearing bacteria. Chlorine dioxide is a possible alternative and an automated washer-disinfector fitted with this agent is currently available. This study was conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of chlorine dioxide in endoscopic disinfection after upper gastrointestinal examination. In vitro microbicidal properties of chlorine dioxide solutions were examined at high (600 ppm) and low (30 ppm) concentrations against various microbes including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Helicobacter pylori, Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare and Bacillus subtilis in the presence or absence of bovine serum albumin (BSA). Immediately following endoscopic procedures and after application to the automated reprocessor incorporating chlorine dioxide at 30 ppm for 5 min, endoscopic contamination with infectious agents, blood, H. pylori ureA gene DNA and HCV-RNA was assessed by cultivation, sensitive test tape, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and reverse transcriptase-PCR analysis, respectively. Chlorine dioxide at 30 ppm has equivalent microbicidal activity against most microbes and faster antimicrobial effects on M. avium-intracellulare and B. subtilis compared with 2% glutaraldehyde, but contamination with BSA affected the microbicidal properties of chlorine dioxide. Endoscopic contamination with microbes, blood and bacterial DNA was eliminated after application of the automated reprocessor/chlorine dioxide system. Thus, chlorine dioxide is a potential alternative to glutaraldehyde. The use of automated reprocessors with compatibility to chlorine dioxide, coupled with thorough pre-cleaning, can offer effective, faster and less problematic endoscopic disinfection.

CDS Wound irrigant.
Brief Summary:
This research is being done because the investigators are trying to examine the safety and effectiveness of this wound cleaning liquid, CACD (chlorine dioxide). The investigators are trying to see if this liquid has the ability to decrease infection rates and decrease the scarring effects from the healing process. In animal studies, CACD has been shown to decrease scar formation and decrease the risk of wound infections. CACD is also used for the treatment of burns to decrease infection rates and improve wound healing. CACD is not FDA approved for this specific use, but it is FDA and USDA approved for reducing bacterial contamination on meat and food products for human consumption. In addition, an investigational drug (IND) application has been submitted to the FDA for this study. The FDA has approved the use of this solution for this study.

Condition or disease Intervention/treatment Phase
Wound - in Medical CareBiological: chlorine dioxideBiological: salineEarly Phase 1

Hi guys.

Did someone say urinary cath???!!!
With a 3000 cc bag for bladder irrigation for the win!!!
Nurses are odd creatures, but we love our patients
Erqueen75:USA:

Again use CDS, solution of chlorine dioxide, for use in the local or systemic treatment of acute poisoning by toxins from plants, fungi, marine animals, amphibians, reptiles, spiders or insects, and thereby induced clinically relevant symptoms or conditions of the human or animal organism. It contains 5 to 3000 mg / l (ppm) of dissolved chlorine dioxide (CIO2) and, when ready for use, is essentially free of chlorate ions, hydrochloric acid and gaseous chlorine or contains these components in a maximum concentration of 1% of the respective chlorine dioxide concentration.

Chlorine Dioxide was not called the universal antidote by NASA scientist just for the fun of it.

Did someone say urinary cath???!!!
With a 3000 cc bag for bladder irrigation for the win!!!
Nurses are odd creatures, but we love our patients
Erqueen75:USA:
I think it's great that you love your patients.

I was a paramedic for over a decade, and I couldn't stand most of my patients. I thought they were mostly s____heads.

Thanks for this doctor.
I know you wrote you didn’t want to talk about it, but I’d like to know... Are the lack of beds or overcrowding in your hospital due to medical professionals quitting? And are the majority of the Covid cases Un-Vaxxed or Vaxxed?

thanks

This will piss people off even more:
At least two states have instructed medical providers to prioritize monoclonal antibody treatments for those “most at risk” from Covid-19 after having their supplies cut by the federal government, with Tennessee making the controversial decision to recommend that nearly all vaccinated Covid patients in the state be denied access to the life-saving drugs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...qobByvKkdAGs3Wg6Y7WzBajeNFhSw&sh=76b25090ad71

What damn sense does that make?
And, the feds cutting the supply?

If I did not know any better, this admin is cutting the supply to certain states to make those governors look bad.

What damn sense does that make?
And, the feds cutting the supply?

If I did not know any better, this admin is cutting the supply to certain states to make those governors look bad.
There are states that are using up most of the supply. So now it's being rationed and will be given to the unvaccinated as their chance of dying is greater than vaccinated. This is triage/crisis standards of care and happening all over. It's just going to get worse.

Where are the ACLS drugs? Without them, you'll never get past "shock, shock, shock"...
Ah, you would need more post ROSC care to keep someone alive.
I could post drugs if you wanted to set up a makeshift hospital/clinic.
Epi, vasopressin, sodium bicarb pushes (my favorite haha)
D50, CaCl, Magnesium, Lidocaine push
neosynephrine stick, atropine. ... The list could go on!

I mean unless someone has an underIying cardiomyopathy and the VT/VF is due to structural remodeling, you're right you really need the drugs.
This is more for that walkie talkie person who comes in and is in VT and you can shock them out of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back