The Fall of Hospitals

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think there is anyone here that doesn’t appreciate medical workers work. Same with Police, Firefighters or any first responders.
We may disagree on the problem and cause of your stress, but we do feel for you in this mess.
Thank you.

I've seen more people die in the past year than I ever saw in 4 years of EMS work.

Are there some chiropractor horror stories? Sure. But for every chiropractor horror story I can give you 100 medical doctor horror stories.
I never condemned all chiropractors or all chiropractic care.

I just have reservations about neck manipulation that don't apply to the rest of the body.

I am guessing you are talking about this:

83,000 hospital workers could be fired under N.Y. vaccine mandate
83,000 hospital workers could be fired under N.Y. vaccine mandate (msn.com)

Why do you think that is? Why do you think 83,000 medical professionals in a democrat state do NOT want to take the vaccine? The democrats like to call people who do not want the vaccine idiots, anti-vaxxers, neanderthals, etc. These are medical professionals who have to work with people who actually have covid, and they DO NOT want the vaccine.
I found out some things which shed light on some of the anti-vaxxers issues.

I was completely unaware--until recently--that some COVID vaccines are derived from research and biological materials that came from electively aborted fetuses.

I am not a "right to life" person--and I support a woman's right to have an elective abortion--but I understand why people have religious and ethical concerns about abortion, and I'm intensely sympathetic toward their position . . . even if I disagree with them.

So, it seems that a percentage of anti-vaxxers are concerned that they're condoning abortion by getting the vaccine . . . and they don't want to play a part in the "murder of pre-birth babies."

So, I--flat out--don't have an answer.

In the not-too-distant-past, people would consider me to be subhuman because of my mixed Jewish and Native American ancestory . . . or deserving of euthanasia because I'm autistic (there was the Nazi phrase "Life that is unworthy of life" which was used to justify "racial hygiene"). See below links--if you're inclined--so that you can examine my points in their context:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6027112/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_unworthy_of_life
What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I don’t think there is anyone here that doesn’t appreciate medical workers work. Same with Police, Firefighters or any first responders.
We may disagree on the problem and cause of your stress, but we do feel for you in this mess.
Thank you. Had people outside picketing our ER. We are seeing increased violence towards healthcare workers inside the hospital walls. Absolutely despicable.

@Kevin L, @radiogoon, and @DrJenner, C'mon, now, you have amazing experiences. Please share some of the wildest. I was a bouncer downtown Portland, and in L.A. for years and saw some pretty wild things, but NOTHING compared to you folks. How about some levity?

And thank you for your work!
Ok for levity sake (and stop reading here if you're easily offended)

During my ER rotations -
Had an older couple come into the ER - complaining of squeaking/pain with intercourse. They were in their 70's. Vaginal exam revealed....a penguin squeak toy up there! Needless to say it got cleaned and into the drawer that was labeled "weird things pulled out of orifices" Later that year it went on a going away cake for the attending that had fished it out of there.

Another largely overweight couple came in and complained that they couldn't have sex because they couldn't fit together. (I kid you not - this is an ER visit). My attending walked in, said "stop having sex" and walked out. Discharge papers 4 minutes later.

Low income family pulls up to the ER doors in a pick up. Driver comes in and tells Triage nurse "I think my grandpas dead" he informs us grandpa is in the truck. Go out front and sure enough, grandpa is in the bed wrapped in a picnic tablecloth. Get him into to a Cat and he is pulseless and apneic. So coroner gets called and we inform the family of the news. As the family is quietly leaving, the wife (granddaughter-in-law?) turns to the Triage nurse and asks "Can I get our tablecloth back?"

Had a 30 something year old guy come in and was convinced he was dying as his waist, legs were blue. We asked him if he purchased new jeans.... why yes I did - the dye transferred to his skin.
You just can't make this stuff up.

OK . . . here is an involved--but true--story.

We had an unfortunate patient whom was badly burned in a propane accident in his trailer, and fire rescue transported him to Delray Hospital, which is a Level 1 trauma center.

The only specialty burn center that had an open bed was in Tampa, which is on the other side of the state.

They couldn't fly the patient because of technical difficulties with the helicopter, so my partner and I had to transport this patient lights and sirens across much of the state of Florida.

You can--of course--understand that our nerves were shot, so our dispatch authorized us to take our time and get something to eat before starting back.

We pulled into the first town (after taking several wrong turns) we saw, which was Gibsonton, Florida.

We pull into a conveinence store, and see that everyone in the store (customers as well as the staff) were all little people (ie: "midgets," although I usually don't use this word because it's pejorative and derogatory).

My partner and I don't say anything . . . andIwhile we're waiting in line, a tall albino man--coveredwith hundreds of tattoos--walks in, and he has all these extra fingers on his hands.

My partner and I go out of the store to sit at the picnic tables in front of the store, and I see a pedestrian walking toward the store with a vestigal, parasitic twin attached to his flank . . . and it was dressed in cheerful blue sailor suit.

While we were trying to process this, a huge, antique cadillac--with manta ray fins, gold hubcaps, and steer horns over the front grill--pulls up to the gas pumps.

The inside of the car was done up in polyester leopard skin, there was a red fur dashboard, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, tassels outlining the windshield, a chain sterring wheel, and--leashed up in the back seat--was a live mountain lion, whuch was staring at us.

The little person whom got out to gas up his ride had his shirt open to his waist with about five pounds of gold chains, his cowboy hat was almost as big as he was, his jeans were so tight that we could tell whether or not he was circumsized just by looking at him, his ostrich-skin cowboy boots probably set him back about $600.00 or so . . . and--to top it off--his western style belt buckle was a thing of tacky magnificence. It was richly filigreed with gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, and emeralds, and was so gaudy that I knew pimps in Miami who'd be horribly embarrassed to get caught dead with such a thing.

My partner and I were gawking, and this little person looked at us and said: "What's the matter? Ain't you two never seen no Cadillac El Dorado before?"

My partner--an intensely superstitious person--grabbed my arm and dragged me to the truck, and took off lights and sirens out of Gibsonton.

I went to take a sip of my coffee, and he snatched the coffee out of my hands.

"Are you crazy?" he asked me. "You want to drink the water from that place? Don't you want to have kids someday? We just escaped from the Twilight Zone!"

In any case, we swore each other to secrecy, since we didn't expect anyone to believe us.

The story still came out a few weeks later when we were out drinking after work, and this guy sitting next to me said: "You must have been in Gibsonton."

It turns out that Gibsonton is the off-season home for all of the people whom perform in circus sideshows. They all own homes in Gibsonton, and it's the only place in the United States where the post office had to lower the front counter to accommodate all of the little people who come in for the mail.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...to-gibtown-the-last-freakshow-town-in-america

Had a patient that was high on bath salts. We managed to get him confined to a room, but he was easily 6'2" and just a huge dude. He ended up escaping 4 point restraints buck naked out the ER doors and just kept running circles around the hospital grounds, buck naked. Admin wanted to know why I didn't stop him...No thanks you do it. Looked like someone out of the walking dead.

Also had a psych guy up on the med surg floor (ended up killing himself a few months later) - came out of his room in the middle of the night with a headlamp on (red light) down a dark hallway. had his gown on backwards so the front was open and was totally naked, swinging his ding dong around in a circle by swishing his hips (have no idea how he accomplished this feat). stood in front of the nurses and just kept swinging it around. No one really knew what to do.

Also, never underestimate the power of a 92 year old 4'8" lady with dementia. Had one pull me into her bed, punch me in the head (the old Posey beds we used to zip old people up into to keep them safe) - put me in a chokehold and was out the door before you could blink. For reference I'm 5'10" and about 165 lbs. Hahah- I was definitely twice her size!

I have another true story that's even better than the Gibsonton story, if you guys are interested.

I just want to ask first because it is a long story, and don't want to push against the forum rules.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the story is about when I was on a flight assignment, and we were followed by a MiG fighter jet when we went over Cuba.

Let me know if everyone's interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back