The Fall of Hospitals

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's put it this way, my Insurance company gladly paid in full for months of semiweekly treatments by the Chiropractor without a quibble.
And they love to quibble!
If it works for you, then that's good.

I just get concerned about the idea of a chiropractor causing people to have strokes.

If it works for you, then that's good.

I just get concerned about the idea of a chiropractor causing people to have strokes.
My concern is the untrained cowboy/cowgirl chiropractor who doesn’t know what they don’t know - and does something unsafe. It happens quite a bit unfortunately.
Again, I always see the worst of the worst so there’s that…

My concern is the untrained cowboy/cowgirl chiropractor who doesn’t know what they don’t know - and does something unsafe. It happens quite a bit unfortunately.
I see the worst . . . I was--after all--a paramedic for 11 1/2 years in South Florida.

My hunny had blown disks, yes a couple, years ago that had to require surgery. In fact he has had 1 neck surgery and a couple back surgeries since, He is still in pain, some days worse than others and doctors will not touch him anymore, probably due to age. He will be 70 this coming November, but he does not "act" his age at all. The only comfort he was getting was from a chiropractor, which helped some, but was not anything that lasted long. He even tried doing acupuncture. Now he just lives with his neck and shoulder issues. Some nights he sleeps and others he does not sleep very well at all. Oh how I know,

My hunny had blown disks, yes a couple, years ago that had to require surgery. In fact he has had 1 neck surgery and a couple back surgeries since, He is still in pain, some days worse than others and doctors will not touch him anymore, probably due to age. He will be 70 this coming November, but he does not "act" his age at all. The only comfort he was getting was from a chiropractor, which helped some, but was not anything that lasted long. He even tried doing acupuncture. Now he just lives with his neck and shoulder issues. Some nights he sleeps and others he does not sleep very well at all. Oh how I know,
I'm sorry . . . but consider the Biospine Institute. They are minimally invasive, and everyone says great things about them.

https://www.biospine.com/

I'm sorry . . . but consider the Biospine Institute. They are minimally invasive, and everyone says great things about them.

https://www.biospine.com/
I will share this with him. At this point I think anything may help him. I am just thankful we just got rid of 7 cows in the last couple week which makes my life easier when I need to go feed the cows. Only 3 in the back and 2 in the front pastures. The ground is not getting so many hoof prints that can go down which makes it difficult to walk on. A couple weeks ago I had to go out to get Jake for his walk and fell on my butt. Yes, hunny laughed.

Not anymore often than MDs.

Again, looking at how the Insurance companies view chiropractors, malpractice insurance for MDs is something like twenty times as much as for chiropractors. That right there tells you all you need to know!
Because they do surgery as well. Physician/surgeon is different than chiropractors.
Biggest insurance is OB GYN - patients can sue you up to 18 years after a kid is born.

Ten years in...wait for it...Detroit.
Detroit is pretty hardcore . . . but Miami during the tail end of the Cocaine Wars wasn't a picnic either.

I've been shot at, stabbed, taken hostage, and was a relief worker with the Red Cross after Hurricane Andrew.

I sometimes wonder why I'm still alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Drug_War
At least we know why I became an alcoholic (since recovered).

Last edited:
@Kevin L After all that I do have to wonder why you still felt complied doing what you do?
So I can make a difference.

I'd like to think that most people want their life to have meaning.

I was mostly doing EKG work at home and in the hospital, and when the epidemic came along, I believed that everyone with valid credentials--in any discipline--needed to jump back into hospital work . . . given the magnitude of the sheer numbers of patients.

External manipulation has always scared me. I worked with orthopedic surgery and we always had clear images before going in and doing anything. Some chiropractors will do blind adjustments without an X-ray. That’s just asking for trouble in my view.

@Kevin L, @radiogoon, and @DrJenner, C'mon, now, you have amazing experiences. Please share some of the wildest. I was a bouncer downtown Portland, and in L.A. for years and saw some pretty wild things, but NOTHING compared to you folks. How about some levity?

And thank you for your work!
Thank you for recognizing my work.

Thank you for recognizing my work.
I don’t think there is anyone here that doesn’t appreciate medical workers work. Same with Police, Firefighters or any first responders.
We may disagree on the problem and cause of your stress, but we do feel for you in this mess.

Latest posts

Back