The Day to End The Rest

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Dixon

Reaction score
Reading through a lot of these articles, it brings about questions to me. Quite a few.

So, if civil war, martial law, etc. happen, is there any rough estimate when? I'm starting to work on my armory and I need to know when I need to be finished or etc. Is there a rough estimate for any of these things? In these situations, would raiding stores be a plausible thing? I understand we're preppers and most of us don't need to, but some of us just found out about this and aren't able to prepare quite as well.

I believe that if anything can start a civil war, it's racial unrest and the gun control movements. The left will face a civil war if they infringe upon our second amendment right and it's got to happen some day with the current civil unrest and other things that our going on. Now, things can get sorted out, but I don't know how long that may take or even if it will. Therefore, I'm starting to prep for these things because at the moment, they seem really plausible. So, if there is a rough estimate as to when day zero, or the day to end the rest happens, that'd be a hell of a thing to have.

Thanks from a young prepper,
-Dallas Dixon

So, if civil war, martial law, etc. happen, is there any rough estimate when? I'm starting to work on my armory and I need to know when I need to be finished or etc. Is there a rough estimate for any of these things?
Sorry Dallas but my crystal ball broke, so I'm not able to predict the future anymore ;)

There is no way to determine when or even if you will every need your preps. That being said, Food , water (filtration systems) shelter and knowledge are much more important than massive amount of ammo or firearms (now that coming form a gun lover). You can't eat or drink ammo. No matter what amount of stuff your store, it will run out, so the most important item is knowledge (skill sets) and this site has a ton of free knowledge and people willing to share with you. Time line is not important, it is going to happen or not but you or I can't change that even a tiny bit. We all need to just keep working on our preps as best we can. I won't skip a meal to buy another box of ammo but I will use a flip phone to save the data fees and buy up several boxes of ammo or extra storage food or extra water filters or ???? You get the point. If it happens (what ever?) before we are completely prepared, that is life, but we will be a bit better prepared than if we did not prep at all.

Now as for raiding the stores. That is going to be a free fire zone until they have been emptied. I would avoid them at all cost. Trust me, you are way too young to want to get involved in a fire fight. Get your basics and then just wait out the disaster and there will be plenty of stuff to scavenge later on. Study up on the Grey Man technique, there are plenty of YT video's on the subject. Read this forum and see all the different types of issues that might arise and decide what is most likely in your area. As pointed out, none of us can give you a time or date for zero hour or even zero decade.

I don’t believe we will ever have another civil war.

I don't think we will have a race based civil war but I am not so sure about an economic based war. What happen when the working class get tired of supporting the upper class and the lower class? The rich are not going to pay and the the poor are not able to pay for all the free give away crap that they will have voted in. Free college, free medical, free housing, free transportation, free phones, free internet, free what ever. Why work when every thing is free, so what does the government do then? They start cutting back on all the free stuff and the riots begin. Once the riots begin, the brown smelly stuff starts to flow every where. The government demands us to disarm, because of the riots and a state of Marshall laws is posted and then the SHTF.

Now I don't see this as a likely prospect but I can see it has a possibility. I do think economic collapse is much more likely. Food riots and so forth. Think Soylent Green without the cannibal platform.

rioting will start as soon as the deliveries to the stores stop, and will go on until the stores are empty.
as for raiding the stores yourself..DONT! that's why we prepare and have stockpiles, who is going to look after your family or significant others if you get injured in a confrontation or even killed? its just not worth the risk, prepare BEFORE anything happens not after. that's for the sheeple.

I agree that there is no timeline or way to predict when we will have a collapse. I do think there will be an economic crash before too long and that will be the start of things getting worse. Might be in two months, might be in 10 years, no one knows. I do know our economic system is pretty fragile and with the additional stress of the debt it is going to make it happen eventually. When inflation starts making the paper money worthless, and like Paul said, the stores stop having the basics on the shelves I believe it will be a short time from then towards anarchy. People have been preaching the end of the world pretty much since it began. I don’t think the world will end, at least not for a few more billion years. I do think that our current civilization will see a drastic change before long though.

i'm not too bothered about the minor events, been there-done that- come out the other side like most preppers have.
i'm prepping for the big one, societal collapse and all that comes with it.
it wont be the end of the world- big boom no more planet earth- no, but it will be the end of civilisation as we currently know it.
it'll probably start small, so small not many will even notice but it will escalate, sort of drip feed thing, one thing affecting another which affects a 3rd and so on.

I don't think we will have a race based civil war but I am not so sure about an economic based war. What happen when the working class get tired of supporting the upper class and the lower class? The rich are not going to pay and the the poor are not able to pay for all the free give away crap that they will have voted in. Free college, free medical, free housing, free transportation, free phones, free internet, free what ever. Why work when every thing is free, so what does the government do then? They start cutting back on all the free stuff and the riots begin. Once the riots begin, the brown smelly stuff starts to flow every where. The government demands us to disarm, because of the riots and a state of Marshall laws is posted and then the SHTF.

Now I don't see this as a likely prospect but I can see it has a possibility. I do think economic collapse is much more likely. Food riots and so forth. Think Soylent Green without the cannibal platform.

That is a very reasonable possibility.

rioting will start as soon as the deliveries to the stores stop, and will go on until the stores are empty.
as for raiding the stores yourself..DONT! that's why we prepare and have stockpiles, who is going to look after your family or significant others if you get injured in a confrontation or even killed? its just not worth the risk, prepare BEFORE anything happens not after. that's for the sheeple.

I'm trying to prepare but I just now realized how much civil unrest there is, and decided there could be a breakdown at any given point of time. So, now I'm preparing, but with what's going on, it could happen today, and I wouldn't have stockpiles built up. There is another prepper that lives about a mile away, and we talk often, so now I'm planning on getting with them and talking about ways to combine our strengths for the better of our families.

I agree that there is no timeline or way to predict when we will have a collapse. I do think there will be an economic crash before too long and that will be the start of things getting worse. Might be in two months, might be in 10 years, no one knows. I do know our economic system is pretty fragile and with the additional stress of the debt it is going to make it happen eventually. When inflation starts making the paper money worthless, and like Paul said, the stores stop having the basics on the shelves I believe it will be a short time from then towards anarchy. People have been preaching the end of the world pretty much since it began. I don’t think the world will end, at least not for a few more billion years. I do think that our current civilization will see a drastic change before long though.

That makes two of us. A lot of stuff is going on at the moment between France and some U.S cities. We will more than likely have an economic collapse. I think it will happen within 20 years, but that might just be me. I'm getting ready for anything, from getting locked and loaded to basic necessities. I live in a secluded area, but right by a set of RR Tracks, which can be a gateway to better things, but can also be a door to hell, if you've read my other article on the dangers of railroad travel. People can come off of it onto my property, and many other things, but I'm getting a little off track. I'm starting to kind of understand where the preppers are in my community, in which case there's me and one other person, but I will try to get some of my friends with it that I know understand these things.

There is no way to determine when or even if you will every need your preps. That being said, Food , water (filtration systems) shelter and knowledge are much more important than massive amount of ammo or firearms (now that coming form a gun lover). You can't eat or drink ammo. No matter what amount of stuff your store, it will run out, so the most important item is knowledge (skill sets) and this site has a ton of free knowledge and people willing to share with you. Time line is not important, it is going to happen or not but you or I can't change that even a tiny bit. We all need to just keep working on our preps as best we can. I won't skip a meal to buy another box of ammo but I will use a flip phone to save the data fees and buy up several boxes of ammo or extra storage food or extra water filters or ???? You get the point. If it happens (what ever?) before we are completely prepared, that is life, but we will be a bit better prepared than if we did not prep at all.

Now as for raiding the stores. That is going to be a free fire zone until they have been emptied. I would avoid them at all cost. Trust me, you are way too young to want to get involved in a fire fight. Get your basics and then just wait out the disaster and there will be plenty of stuff to scavenge later on. Study up on the Grey Man technique, there are plenty of YT video's on the subject. Read this forum and see all the different types of issues that might arise and decide what is most likely in your area. As pointed out, none of us can give you a time or date for zero hour or even zero decade.

I have a good amount of knowledge on foraging and things like that, and I live in an area with a high amount of water. I also know a good bit on shelters and the other things you outlined. I understand that you don't need to be fully prepared for ten years in terms of ammunition, but I don't want to have nothing when this does happen. I definitely wouldn't raid during the first days, even months.

My two cents. Don't prep for a specific event, such as civil war but prep for chaos. This chaos can come from a short term localized natural disaster (hurricane) or from a major SHTF event ( long term grid down). Start small. Prep to protect you & yours for a week of chaos/unrest. Learn to stay stealthy and not draw attention to your well being. An armory is important but by no means the most important. The most important thing you can do to increase your odds of survival is to avoid conflict. Rambo was fictional. In the real world, during a gunfight, folks on both sides get hit & die. So concentrate on food stores that will not require cooking, which attract guests. Plan for power without noisy generators, for the same reason. By all means, stay away from stores or any other place with people. As a start, something like a Goal Zero Nomad can silently keep your phone & other USB devices (lights) charged. I keep cases of Spam in storage which can be eaten cold and can be stored very long term. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GU64KV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
41z5B4hf9ML.jpg

Then, as you feel comfortable with your preps to accomplish that goal, expand your preps to handle other, longer events. That may involve more solar gear, better ways of capturing/cleaning water and growing your own food. Probably entails establishing a bug out location... one that you can get to at the start of a crisis and one where you will be welcome. Too many young preppers think they just need a bug out bag and they are good to go. They will head to the country and survive off the land. That is bull. The country is owned by landowners like me that will shoot your ### if you show up on my property during a crisis. Strangers will not be welcome during a crisis. If you don't have family or a friend with land where you wish to bug out, I suggest finding the perfect location and visiting it often. Attend church there and purchase items from the local merchants. Point is to not be a stranger and to be accepted if & when you need to evacuate. It takes lots of planning and not just lots of guns.

Last edited:
I advise anyone that will listen that two good water filters are worth more than any gun. Of course both of them are nice as you can afford it. Always start with the basics in order of water, food, shelter and then security. If you’re not dehydrated, hungry or cold then you have a better chance of handling any emergency.

I advise anyone that will listen that two good water filters are worth more than any gun. Of course both of them are nice as you can afford it. Always start with the basics in order of water, food, shelter and then security. If you’re not dehydrated, hungry or cold then you have a better chance of handling any emergency.

That's real advice, made for reality.

@Dallas Dixon

Oldcoot and many others have provided solid advice. Fire fights are a last resort. There is a difference between scavenging and raiding, be careful in your terms, so we don't misread your intentions. Oldcoot is a very wise old fa-t and he can and will provide very sound advice. I do caution your approach to meet and join with other (1) prepper and your friends. Too much shared information regarding your supplies and equipment could paint a bullseye on you in a time WSHTF. The railroad tracks do have potential for both positive and negative uses. It will be up to you to determine how it will affect you. If you own the property you can plant blackberry or other very thorny plants (food and deterrent). Alarm trip wires (smoke -- not shotgun shells) you do not want to injure anybody prior to a full on WROL.

As Brent pointed out too, get the things that you will absolutely need and then work on the weapons stockpile. I started out with 1 pistol until I while building up my prepp's, then expanded the arsenal. Spam, top Ramen, soup, chili and so forth will keep you alive, are easy to heat and produce little to no smell. Having a large arsenal you will have to leave behind during a Bug Out, does not help you and anybody else. If you do not or can not defend your current location, then what good does it do you to have a 1,000 rounds of ammo? Like most, when I first started into the prepping society, I thought oh boy, guns and ammo. That changed very quickly when I started to do my homework. You can't eat ammo and snuggling up with your rifle won't keep you warm.

The first order of business is to decide what you are prepping against. Second order, plan on how you are going to deal with that situation and then third order, what is it going to take to deal with that situation. As Oldcoot pointed out, if you plan for ciaos, you will be mils ahead. If you are planning for the Zombie uprising, then you may just come up a bit short.

Latest posts

Back