HF The Commofreq Doomsday HF Antenna

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CommoFreq

Reaction score
Below is an HF antenna that I designed, which works wonders. I've had no problems reaching 3,000 mile distances with this one, in all directions. It's simple, cheap, and portable. A few items to mention here:

• you must have an antenna tuner - just get one - they're a must when working with HF
  • the wire gauge does not matter, unless you have an amp and are pushing more than 100 watts
  • the wire length does not matter - just know that the longer, the better - mine is 55ft.
  • whatever wire length you choose, all segments must be the same length
  • ideally, the length of your coax will be the same as the length of your antenna/radials
  • the more radials you have, the better your antenna will function
  • by coiling your coax into loops, you are preventing it from becoming part of the antenna

Untitled.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Below is an HF antenna that I designed, which works wonders. I've had no problems reaching 3,000 mile distances with this one, in all directions. It's simple, cheap, and portable. A few items to mention here:

• you must have an antenna tuner - just get one - they're a must when working with HF
  • the wire gauge does not matter, unless you have an amp and are pushing more than 100 watts
  • the wire length does not matter - just know that the longer, the better - mine is 55ft.
  • ideally, the length of your coax will be the same as the length of your antenna/radials
  • by coiling your coax into loops, you are preventing it from becoming part of the antenna

index.php

Enjoy!
Could you repost the picture as it isn't showing up. Thanks!

Untitled.png

Enjoy!
I so wish I had the room to do this!

Latest posts

Back