The best brand?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Gerber and Opinel, They seem to make decent knives.
Also look into D.O.W (Dogs of War) its an Asian brand but really good knives I own a few of them and am extremely happy with them.
Also PM me your website and can you export?

CRKT (Columbia River Knife and Tools) is good budget knive, never had problems with them and they are sharp and sturdy for the price.
ill second that. I have a small EDC that ive even used to take the oxidization offa my battery terminals and its still sharp.
another company id swear by is Hibban, pretty expensive but worth the dollars if you want quality.

steel tiger, nough said.

Attachments

• steel.jpg
    steel.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 12
I'm curious to know everybody's opinion, What is the best brand/company for knives (NOT distributor)? Knives that are reasonably priced but durable, good quality, reliable, a large selection to choose from... a brand you trust?
I carry a Benchmade switch blade knife with me all the time. But, my favorite pocket knives are Case. Just be sure to look for the Made in USA label.

I'm sure they're all sprinkled through here, but Victorinox, Ka-bar, Gerber, Coldsteel....

Victorinox for great Swiss Army knives
Ka-bar and Gerber for great general purpose knives
and Coldsteel for combat blades

Every day work knife Case canoe . Tactical folder CRKT M16 spear point . Field knife KA BAR . I would like to get a Becker BK9 but thats just on a list for now .

I don't "do" brands never have, i buy stuff that is fit for purpose not cos of the brand name, all my knives are good solid ones that i have used for years but only 1 has a brand on it and that wasn't why i bought it!

I've heard bad things about Cold Steele from other sources. Most of my current stock in SOG blades but I want to get a Ka-bar or two, that's really the only brand I'd stand behind solely for the brand. Otherwise, it's hard to go by brand alone. Good brands sometimes make bad products and vice-versa. Also reviews are always mixed so don't just go with the first opinion you read.

There are a lot of coldsteel haters out there. When you make a superior product a lot of haters come out. None of them have used the products like I have and none of them have bought religiously like I have. Lynn Thompson owner of coldsteel is an American who fights for our rights as Americans to own and carry. He is an avid survivalist and martial artist. And unlike the other companies he uses his products in real circumstances. I've personally watch him torcher test his products and if one fails the whole lot goes back. None of these other companies do this kind of extreme testing. Kabar is about the only other knife company that test there gear but they do it in a way that I don't consider ethical. They send them out with our troops and wait for feedback. So if they suck our troops find out the hard way. Coldsteel is Lynn Thompson and Lynn is an amazing American. If i was in a hole I'd be relieved to have him watch my 6. Just my 2cents.

Might get a Cold Steel tanto. I'm also looking at Ka-Bar and I'm pleased with the SOG products I have thus far (not looking for a debate on that one) but I keep an open mind.

Latest posts

Back