The all around survival tool!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HydroCC

Reaction score
Hello all. I have some exciting news. The Survival Axe Elite is finally out and we have stock! This thing does just about everything and has a very small footprint. If you have questions or have any feedback on this item then just post below. Happy posting and shopping!
0d98b2cd0ceb9ce65400eea55f318d21.png

Visit us at www.HydroCC.com for great gear!

My wife gave me a similar hatchet/multitool, and she wanted me to give them to my brothers-in-law for Christmas one year. I tried the thing out, and quickly found that you can easily hurt yourself using it. It's under the seat of my pickup, which is the only safe place for it...

I can see where a tool like this might appeal to some people. But so far in my life I've never had the need for 30 tools attached to my hatchet. I carry a Gransfors Burk hatchet in all of my vehicles. So far I've never had the need to break bricks with my hatchet, but it's good to know that you can with this one.

I just have a plain old coleman all metal hatchet. I like multitools to a point (I regularly carried a Leatherman when I was working as an EMT and a paramedic, and I carry a Victorinox swiss army knife now), but there is a point of diminishing returns. I've been in a lot of screwed-up situations, and I've decided that simple is best.

The more complicated something is, the more there is that can go wrong.

In fairness to those who disagree with me...I will say that I've lately started carrying a cheap Wal-mart folding knife that has a built-in bottle opener, ferro rod, seatbelt cutter, car window punch, and a tiny, removable flashlight.

So...I do use and carry multitools, but I never needed to have all of Q's James Bond gadgets...although lately I've been wanting to get a stainless Walther PPK in .380 ACP.

Then I can get dressed up in a tux, enter a bar, and ask for a vodka martini...shaken, of course...and not stirred.

My multi tool is on my side or in a pocket every day. It is small enough to actually carry, but don't think of it as a great tool. It is really useful at times, but none of the tools on it are as good as an individual tool designed for that purpose. Did anyone get the price of the gadget?

I just have a plain old coleman all metal hatchet. I like multitools to a point (I regularly carried a Leatherman when I was working as an EMT and a paramedic, and I carry a Victorinox swiss army knife now), but there is a point of diminishing returns. I've been in a lot of screwed-up situations, and I've decided that simple is best.

The more complicated something is, the more there is that can go wrong.

In fairness to those who disagree with me...I will say that I've lately started carrying a cheap Wal-mart folding knife that has a built-in bottle opener, ferro rod, seatbelt cutter, car window punch, and a tiny, removable flashlight.

So...I do use and carry multitools, but I never needed to have all of Q's James Bond gadgets...although lately I've been wanting to get a stainless Walther PPK in .380 ACP.

Then I can get dressed up in a tux, enter a bar, and ask for a vodka martini...shaken, of course...and not stirred.

My Daughter carries a stainless Walther PPK .380 . She used it while We were getting our carry permits and shot a higher score than I did .

that survival axe does have to many functions on it..i have a gerber multi tool plier on me,from the time i get up in the morning,till i go to bed for the night.the 2 primary function on it.for me,is the pliers and scissors..i rarely use the knife blade and screw drives on it..and never used the bottle opener on it..i have hand saws,wrenches and other tools,thatd be used before id use that axe..

Latest posts

Back