Thanks, Good Luck and Fairwell

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Guys you have been great hosts, I have been made to feel most welcome here but unfortunately for me the forum is moving in the same direction as many other once great forums and focusing less and less on Survivalism and Prepping and going down the Anti Government / NWO / Conspiracy / Lets have a revolution route which leave me cold.

I like to stick with sharing, learning and debating how we can survive any man made or natural event, IE Prepping not politics. Gear, Skills, Experiences, Plans not revolutions, plots and avoiding " them" !! :)

I have enjoyed my time among you and wish y'all well,Respects
NR

Myrrph

Reaction score
Its been great having you NR.

Awesome posts always. I just accept what they say and ignore the negative parts. There _are_ alot of great posts and great people whom if you ignore their anti-gov/religious insensitivities post really awesome stuff.

I just choose not to reply. I do not feed the negativity :)

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
that's not good,but we all have our right to choose, I'd rather be here than on the Finnish forum,went there and I really don't know,either we have a breed of supersoldiers here on hte Finnish survival forum or it's a lot of hot air...

but if we ever meet eye to eye I'll buy you a pint,you gave me some good ideas :)

Last edited:

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Guys you have been great hosts, I have been made to feel most welcome here but unfortunately for me the forum is moving in the same direction as many other once great forums and focusing less and less on Survivalism and Prepping and going down the Anti Government / NWO / Conspiracy / Lets have a revolution route which leave me cold.

I like to stick with sharing, learning and debating how we can survive any man made or natural event, IE Prepping not politics. Gear, Skills, Experiences, Plans not revolutions, plots and avoiding " them" !! :)

NR
I think all forums probably have the occasional wack job. If it wasn't for them they would have a boring doomsday tv show! I try to stick with the topics that interest me and ignore the rest like myrrph does. Either way, wish you well and hope none of us need to practice the stuff we learn her anytime soon! Brent

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. I agree with Brent, Jontte and Myrrph comments that it does not represent the community in general. I don't think our great host or our moderators...who I really respect would allow it to go down that road. If you haven't figure out by my lengthy reads...first I swore an oath to protect and defend our nation...no different than you swore an oath to protect Great Britain and the Commonwealth from enemies foreign and domestic. The Magna Carta and the English Bill of Rights are cornerstones of our great Constitution. Other than the Second Amendment, I believe my next favorite amendment is the First. The rest all strengthen these other two, except the jurisprudence amendments 4,5, 6, and 7. I may not always agree with some of the posts, but as an American have to respect their Constitutional rights within reason, because if I didn't then, I would be a hypocrite. Some of us are just tongue and cheek, depends on the day, we had...I didn't post yesterday because of the crappy day I had, other than a few PM's to friends here...two know because they allowed me to whine to them. That is what a friend is for. I guess that is why, I'd ask for you to reconsider...if anything, bounce some of it off someone you trust. Just know I don't ever apologize very often, so for me to send an apology back to you...meant their was respect there.

As far as other forums, a very good friend, who is a regular here and I had to make a tough call a few weeks back. You may have possibly read the thread. We both would agree that the community's comments in that forum, did not always represent the entire group. However, because the host informed of his decision to gravitate chats that reflect things that you mentioned above. After some discussions with my friend and some soul searching, I resigned my membership. I guess the only difference, is that came from the host and I have not seen anything from Clyde that our forum is going that way. Hate to toot Clyde's horn on this issue, but of all the sites I have seen this is possibly the most middle of the road community of all sites.

Also, I think what I do enjoy most of this forum is that it is International. We have people who post from Finland, England, Scotland (still looking for Snowflake, but I think she must have fled to the Highlands...as any good Scot would do!", Singapore, Philippines and even though I am born/raised in America, my Japanese culture tends to bleed out on my writing. So if you ask me, I think at times, the International members who post regularly here, give a different perspective and keep the anti-government philosophy more to a light banter. When I read some of the posts, I think it is more frustration, rather than taking up arms and creating civil war. As it is Northern Raider...I don't think those that comment anti-government realize what a MBT or IFV can do to them and their little semi-auto.

Certainly, if you feel that my post in tactics with that PDF (written by a militia group) is underlining this issue or the fact that I asked Clyde to set up a tactics site is moving in the anti-government direction...maybe I can edit the Greeting note to reflect it and retype the attachment to take out the militia crap. Out of time sake, I just didn't have time to edit the PDF before heading on vacation. Clyde was on the forum's shout box and it was an opportunity to ask, without having to PM him and explain it. For me, the info was just for everyone to use, it doesn't reflect that I lean toward that philosophy or condone their type of behavior (see post response, I made yesterday regarding the use of "Self-Defense vs Involuntary Manslaughter").

My lengthy explanation is not here to change your mind, from what I've seen, your like me, once the die is cast, "no turning back". I would say, possibly a better alternative is to keep your membership, let the water rest and then come back and see if the rhetoric was just an isolated case. I do not think it represents the "Whole". If not I wish you the very best...from one old vet to another vet...good luck.

Respectfully yours,

Silent Bob

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
Your welcome , dont trust in luck , in my opinion you are mistaken . Being cautious of power hungry politicians with a leftist agenda is not anti Government . Your post are welcome and informative . I haven't read all the latest threads but havn't read much political stuff at all in recent post . there are catagories and threads for all here if I dont care for a topic then I dont click on it .

QuietH3art

Reaction score
Northern Raider, perhaps I am part of one of the conversations that bothers you. I will make no apology because here in the US, we have this little thing called the Bill of Rights which contains the First Amendment. Even simpler for this particular issue, there's the option to simply not read that particular thread.
I will say that I enjoy 1. An excellent debate and 2. Intelligent discussion on a variety of topics. And there are definitely a variety of topics from which to choose here. I do not spend every minute of every day thinking about prepping, although it may appear so lately with all of my visits. But when one thinks about prepping, one probably also considers the reason(s) why they are prepping. Some of us even have moments when we think about things other than prepping and I really enjoy the wide variety of topics presented here on DPF.
All forums considered, I think by leaving DPF, you are "throwing out the baby with the bathwater."

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
and loosing a member is always sad...

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
hi mate, your back for good?? if you are, that's great news.
did take your post on velcro and did some adjustments, though I will have to get some canada-buttons, then I'm somewhat ok with it

alabaster

1st Member Of DPF
Reaction score
The discussions about conspiracies are welcome, and they should be. I'm not sure how you could think otherwise, but you're free to do as you wish and to interpret as you wish, of course.

Who was making "Anti-government" posts? I'm not sure that I've seen a bonafide anarchist here, actually. I know some who aren't happy with their current leaders in many countries, but they wouldn't prefer to have none at all... Perhaps I'm wrong. Point these out to me if you would, along with the "Let's have a revolution" posts.

I'm curious as to why you chose to post this instead of just leaving.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Hi Alabaster, sorry I did not reply yesterday I was tied up with other stuff, just to clarify my point sir, I am in no way objecting or complaining about the consist or content of the forum it is every members right to post what and how they see fit.

As for my post in the first place, Sir I don't know about you but where I come from we are taught to be polite and courteous to your host. I was simply saying thank you for allowing me onto your fine forum and for letting me participate. I was raised to believe one simply does not walk out on your hosts with saying goodbye??

I thought ( perhaps in error) a brief explanation of why I had decided not to stay ( the forum not being quite my thing I personally just don't want to be associated with conspiracies etc I just like solid prepping stuff :) ) that may have been incorrect but if it was in error and wrong I apologise unreservedly.
Respects NR

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I think most of the government/conspiracy stuff pretty much stays in those respective couple of forums, does it not? Not all over the site as a whole. Maybe just seeing more of it if just looking at New Posts maybe? But really, seems to me that it stays in those forums for it.

That said, we'll miss you if you decide to leave. Always saw some great advice from you, and glad that at least your advice will still stay. Best of luck wherever you may roam.

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Unfortunate you leaving I too enjoyed reading your post.

The conspiracy stuff pretty much stayed in the 'The Lounge' and out of 'Preparation And Surviving & Weapons, Gear & Equipment' from the threads I have read. I truly wish you would reconsider. Prepping and survival covers a vast group of people and all have reasons as why they prep, this site offers us a way to express ourselves to like mined folks, we are free to read their post or not, the overwhelming majority of forums here pertain to prepping, I don't believe nor have I seen anything that would say Doomsday Prepper Forums geared towards or moving towards an "Anti Government / NWO / Conspiracy / Lets have a revolution" format

forager

Reaction score

NR
Some threads are better off not to even read for me. If I'm browsing the theories, politics/religion, off topic, and some others, I know there's threads I shouldn't even go to if I don't relate to the contents. I appreciate the way the topics are seperate with options of different threads. I just punch the category and up pops all the threads in that category.
Oh well, No one ever gets 100% approval from the public no matter what is tried.