Texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any meetings, get togethers or anything planed for Texas?

We've talked about it, but the most logical place is Dallas. No offense, I had my fill of Houston, when I had to travel to Houston for the Red Cross. Austin is nice, but I seem to always spend to much time down on 6th Street and once you get me listening to live music, forget about me talking about the end of the world then :cool:.

Not sure if Jim can leave his place, Danil54grl has the farm, not sure about the others. I would have said yes, come up to Wichita Falls, I have a pool and can arrange for us to shoot off the rifles at a friends home, but were just getting by with the drought and lol, no one ever comes up to Wichita Falls, unless they are lost or are coming up for the HotternHell bike race.

However, I wouldn't be against doing a conference/meeting and even help organize some training sessions. Summers work best for me, but June and until mid July are out because I have to do some contract work that will keep me most weeks in June and then heading to my annual vacation. Anything is possible though.

Later

i always have to plan when i have the needed money for any type of trip.and it's to the point where i dont know when that'll be at time..

I know a place in Madisonville that we may be able to use. 13 acres in the woods. It's actually in Bedias,

Well I just moved on to 4 acres very close to the Texas Renaissance Festival grounds. There's a few places out here that would be great meeting spots. Great thing is its all in the sticks so no dealing with Houston unless your coming from the east. Even then you can take 105 out of Beaumont and miss houston.

i suggest a meeting over the weekend at a park where primitive camping is available.
enchanted rock or anywhere near big bend.
if there are some interested parties i will make the trip and provide food served straight from the land and host a class on survivalism based on the classes and courses i would teach in colorado.

It would be nice if it was close, we have a BIG state that can take you a full day to drive across. .

Shoot if your crossing the state on I 10 from Beaumont to El Paso it's taking more than 8 hours no matter how fast ya go

i have to use the cruse control to make sure that i don't speed..and that has definitely saved me from speeding tickets on several occasions..

I pretty much kept the hammer down on the I-20 even through the rain, dropped it down near Van, when I began to hydroplane. On the way down to Florida, I averaged 83 through Texas, passed two DPS and they didn't even bother giving me a second looksee. Louisiana, as long as you kept it under 80, they were not going to mess with you. Since we traveled at night, no construction, that is where Lousiana Highway patrol usually are parked both at the beginning and in the middle...typically saw 2 at each site in the East bound lane. The drive Jackson to Mobile, only dropped it down in each of the small towns, the local P.D. will get you. Saw one county sheriff that was between Hattiesburg and Mobile pulling speeders. I averaged about 70 through most of that both going and coming back.

Typically I'll drive hard anywhere I go, but I've got the radar detector as a standby and I typically don't push my SUV's higher than 85 unless I am in Florida, where I think everyone is driving at least 90 on the I-10. The I-35 to Austin, well is pretty well patrolled, so I don't go anymore than 5 MPH above the posted. When I get down to Austin, it really doesn't matter, the traffic is backed up, so am always taking the back roads or the MOPAC to get around it all. Either that or I use the 281, bit slower, but less traffic. Been years since I traveled toward El Paso, but over on that road, I'd open it up and take my chances.

Only two states love my plates....North Carolina and Virginia.

Latest posts

Back