TEOTWAWKI 3- You Form a Survival Group of 25 Please Rank Needed Members By Function i.e. Doctor,Etc

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't think your better half will go for that mate!!!

"There will be a fair share of attractive women because people need heterosexual sex. by EG.."
like women are in the group to provide services??

Oh am I supposed to take the wife to the retreat as well ? :) :)

just keep your trouser buttoned up,mate ;)

but to be a little more serious here,okay sex drive can be strong in a shtf situation,but we cannot/shouldn't take it for granted that women are there for just pleasure,it sounds more and more like re-enventing the feudal system again to me.
so who's gonna decide who sleeps with who?
the leader of the gang??

just keep your trouser buttoned up,mate ;)

but to be a little more serious here,okay sex drive can be strong in a shtf situation,but we cannot/shouldn't take it for granted that women are there for just pleasure,it sounds more and more like re-enventing the feudal system again to me.
so who's gonna decide who sleeps with who?
the leader of the gang??

Mate when you have been married for 40 years YOU KNOW THAT as a fact :) But dont stop me from dreaming :0

My issue for a group of 25, though practical and manageable will not work for me. On my mother's side of the family I have over 50 first cousins and close to 30 on my father's side. Add in spouses, children, parents, grandparents, the sick and feeble, the logistics does not work. There is no way to feed us, take care of our medical needs, take care of our waste, transport us, the list is massive of why it will not work. But the only factor that might work is the love we have for one another. It would either be our saving grace or our downfall, either way I'm all in with them. Though we would instantly have an army of hundreds, and there is a large percentage who are or were in the military. Watching my uncle cook at the family reunion every year shows his experience cooking in the military.

As for the original list, I'd like to see a few more grunts, you need the "gofers", the ones who will go for this or go for that. From my time in a university atmosphere, the educated ones are great in there fields but useless out of them, with a few exceptions of course. as you stated at the begging, "First off I confess I'm not anywhere close to doing this but I would like to have a rough plan in the future for getting a group together." A plan is a great place to start though.

My issue for a group of 25, though practical and manageable will not work for me. On my mother's side of the family I have over 50 first cousins and close to 30 on my father's side. Add in spouses, children, parents, grandparents, the sick and feeble, the logistics does not work. There is no way to feed us, take care of our medical needs, take care of our waste, transport us, the list is massive of why it will not work. But the only factor that might work is the love we have for one another. It would either be our saving grace or our downfall, either way I'm all in with them. Though we would instantly have an army of hundreds, and there is a large percentage who are or were in the military. Watching my uncle cook at the family reunion every year shows his experience cooking in the military.

As for the original list, I'd like to see a few more grunts, you need the "gofers", the ones who will go for this or go for that. From my time in a university atmosphere, the educated ones are great in there fields but useless out of them, with a few exceptions of course. as you stated at the begging, "First off I confess I'm not anywhere close to doing this but I would like to have a rough plan in the future for getting a group together." A plan is a great place to start though.

Quite possibly and as hard as it could be I think the peoples of NS could probably survive for a very long time on their own. The whole WORLD saw the ingenuity, tenacity, creativity, doggedness and skills of the New Scots during 911 when thousands of stranded air passengers were dumped at Gander Airport and the locals had to unite to care for them all. I seriously doubt few other communities could achieve what you people did on those dark days.

Thank you, the people around here stepped up and did what needed to be done. We treated those who needed help the way we would want to be treated.

Out of interest, have you ever considered what skills YOU have to offer a group? Can you provide any of those skills you consider desirable?
It would seem that Mr Gein has stayed true to his chosen name sake. Ed Gein didn't get along too well with women..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein
Your idea about a shrink is admirable but, you will find it alone to be a waste of time and resources. Now a shrink that can butcher might be worth it. Or even a military shrink. That way you get your feel good person for the daisy's who does something more useful. I know us back water unedumicated types can annoy you big city degree holders but, be patient we sometimes spit out nuggets of powerful wisdom. Sallys point was legit. So far the only skill you seem offer is what? Organizing the group? See what she saw and what you didn't is that at some point and real soon the group will start asking "what do you bring to the table?" A degree wont mean sh!t to them then. Neither will leadership with out true value. You can lead but, not all will like your decisions and grumbling happens fast in tough times. You will need an alternate skill that makes you more valuable to the group. Once they decide your leadership sucks, and at some point they all do, then they say something like "but at least he's one hell of a fighter".. So what is your other traits that make you valuable Ed?

trying just to start a group is a non starter, especially in the UK, any such group will fall apart long before any SHTF event every happens, lack of commitment, lack of funds, family reasons, job reasons etc.etc. a lot of so called "preppers" in the UK are in it for the "social" side and nothing more.
one group I was involved with, for a short period, didn't have a clue about "wild" camping and always ended up at some Adult camping site, with mains toilets and shower blocks, a bar and a club house, it folded when a couple of members relocated.

trying just to start a group is a non starter, especially in the UK, any such group will fall apart long before any SHTF event every happens, lack of commitment, lack of funds, family reasons, job reasons etc.etc. a lot of so called "preppers" in the UK are in it for the "social" side and nothing more.
one group I was involved with, for a short period, didn't have a clue about "wild" camping and always ended up at some Adult camping site, with mains toilets and shower blocks, a bar and a club house, it folded when a couple of members relocated.
The Brits have bars at their campgrounds! I'm moving over! Lol

Latest posts

Back