TEOTWAWKI 3- You Form a Survival Group of 25 Please Rank Needed Members By Function i.e. Doctor,Etc

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdwardGein

Reaction score
First off I confess I'm not anywhere close to doing this but I would like to have a rough plan in the future for getting a group together. Please note that the purpose of this group is to survive TEOTWAWKI and not to promulgate life of Earth (if that happens as an aside, fine), so please respond given that.
The 25 is in addition to you and your family. No kids or couples included unless they both fill a function. There will be a fair share of attractive women because people need heterosexual sex. Here are my rankings. Feel free to make your own rankings and make changes/criticize mine other than the basic premise. If this ever becomes a reality for me, keep in mind that the 25 members would be cross trained.

My 25 Survivor Members in Order of Rank (1 being the most important)

1. Head of Security (Retired High Ranked Military Man)
2. Doctor
3. Dentist
4. Electrician
5.Carpenter
6. Assistant Head of Security (Retired High Ranked Military Man)
7. Botanist
8. Psychiatrist
9. Second Doctor
10. Second Dentist
11. Nurse/Medic
12. Herbologist (Herbal medicine when medicine is no longer available)
13. Second Electrician
14, Second Carpenter
15. Dental Assistant
16. Chef/Dietcian/Nutrionist
17. Mechanic
18. Mechanic
19. 2nd Psychiatrist
20. Psychologist
21. 2nd Psychologist
22-23. Security/Maintenance/Fire Dept Staff
24-25. Bakers

Let me know what changes you would make and/or your group

Last edited:
Gardner, butcher, hunter, experienced wild food forager, black smith, trapper etc...

skip the psyco doctors they a waste of food including chefs/bakers dietician and nutritionist, doctors ain't crap without the proper tools and medications, nurse and or medic far more valuable. You have too many collage boys listed, you need more outdoorsmans. Collage degrees ain't crap in a TEOTWAWKI given for the most parts, ain't no material, tools and power or extremely limited. Rely on your own mind and not someone else's ;)

First off I confess I'm not anywhere close to doing this but I would like to have a rough plan in the future for getting a group together. Please note that the purpose of this group is to survive TEOTWAWKI and not to promulgate life of Earth (if that happens as an aside, fine), so please respond given that.
The 25 is in addition to you and your family. No kids or couples included unless they both fill a function. There will be a fair share of attractive women because people need heterosexual sex. Here are my rankings. Feel free to make your own rankings and make changes/criticize mine other than the basic premise. If this ever becomes a reality for me, keep in mind that the 25 members would be cross trained.

2. Doctor
3. Dentist
4. Electrician
5.Carpenter
7. Botanist
8. Psychiatrist
9. Second Doctor
10. Second Dentist
11. Nurse/Medic
12. Herbologist (Herbal medicine when medicine is no longer available)
13. Second Electrician
14, Second Carpenter
15. Dental Assistant
16. Chef/Dietcian/Nutrionist
17. Mechanic
18. Mechanic
19. 2nd Psychiatrist
20. Psychologist
21. 2nd Psychologist
22-23. Security/Maintenance/Fire Dept Staff
24-25. Bakers

Let me know what changes you would make and/or your group

and just what are these people going to do for you hold your hand,,,the more people in your group the more food you must be able to secure and I see no one on that list getting any food,,,,you are not going to have power,mechanic what the heck is he working on,no gas why do you need a shrink,,,
learn to use a gun and learn some basic survival skills if you don't know anything about hunting and fishing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LEARN,,,IF YOU HAVE OTHERS IN YOUR GROUP BE DAMNED SURE YOU CAN TRUST THEM

Gardner, butcher, hunter, experienced wild food forager, black smith, trapper etc...

skip the psyco doctors they a waste of food including chefs/bakers dietician and nutritionist, doctors ain't crap without the proper tools and medications, nurse and or medic far more valuable. You have too many collage boys listed, you need more outdoorsmans. Collage degrees ain't crap in a TEOTWAWKI given for the most parts, ain't no material, tools and power or extremely limited. Rely on your own mind and not someone else's ;)

You may be right which is why I "a College Boy" posted this. Still take exception to you're disagreement of a shrink/psychologist as I'd need one to initially get a cohesive group together and then later to avoid mental problems and anxieties that would cause problems within the group. Still think a Doctor is more important than a medic but your addition of outdoorsmen (hunter, butcher, etc. ) is a good idea which I hadn't thought of

my take on having a group may sound harsh to you but most of those on your list are going to be dead weight ,my best advice to someone like you is take a survival class,learn how to build a shelter take up fishing and hunting and learn to use a gun,,,,,,anyone in your group must be 100% trust worthy,,,I have several buddies very good outdoors men,,,,would I take them into my shelter ,,no,because they would want to bring there family and friends with them,.some where down the road they will try to take over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I DON'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS,,,,

Out of interest, have you ever considered what skills YOU have to offer a group? Can you provide any of those skills you consider desirable?

Stupidest snide remark ever. I'm the one forming the group. Without me there is no group. Whether I add anything or not is irrelevant. If you want to insult me next time, I love trolls who respond to a thread with something that's not relevant to the thread, at least be intelligent about it.

my take on having a group may sound harsh to you but most of those on your list are going to be dead weight ,my best advice to someone like you is take a survival class,learn how to build a shelter take up fishing and hunting and learn to use a gun,,,,,,anyone in your group must be 100% trust worthy,,,I have several buddies very good outdoors men,,,,would I take them into my shelter ,,no,because they would want to bring there family and friends with them,.some where down the road they will try to take over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I DON'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS,,,,

That's fine and I respect what you say but the bottom line is I'm a professional. city raised man with a masters degree and I personally do not get along/relate/feel comfortable with what you call "outdoor types". Yes a few are needed but I prefer to have the majority of my group be people I can relate to and get along with. I'm sure the "outdoorsmen" would feel the same way about me.

Stupidest snide remark ever. I'm the one forming the group. Without me there is no group. Whether I add anything or not is irrelevant. If you want to insult me next time, I love trolls who respond to a thread with something that's not relevant to the thread, at least be intelligent about it.

Sallys point is very apt, it makes no difference if you are setting up a group or not, If you have not got useful skills to offer you wont generally get very far. Unless your Masters in is something useful its completely meaningless and valueless. I've met people in both the US and UK who have tried to set up groups with them in wanting to be in charge, but they always fail because people want equal participation and equal skills in a group. I see nothing snide in Sallys remarks. Indeed you are coming across like someone simply harversting information from forums to use for your own devices.

2. Doctor
3. Dentist
4. Electrician
5.Carpenter
7. Botanist
My list and most of my associates always tend to put FARMERS ( Critter and arable) at number 1 as food production trumps all else, but then again most of my associates actually treat all skills EQUALLY, thus if the important issue of the day is FOOD the farmer takes charge, if its health the Medic takes charge, SECURITY the Security Detail takes charge and that is very often NOT a war fighter. Thus most groups dont have " leaders" as such as these are survivalists and preppers not militias and dictators.

this is my opinion then;you don't need shrinks if you keep your group active all the time,keep your group working they don't have time to think "bad thoughts"

a group solely of city dwellers?? wouldn't wanna risk my life with them.
and a leader who do not contribute with anything, tends to be short lived when things go bad.

Last edited:

Wow now, her point was valid, she wasn't insulting at all but asking a legitimate question, no need for thin skin.. please.

That's fine and I respect what you say but the bottom line is I'm a professional. city raised man with a masters degree and I personally do not get along/relate/feel comfortable with what you call "outdoor types". Yes a few are needed but I prefer to have the majority of my group be people I can relate to and get along with. I'm sure the "outdoorsmen" would feel the same way about me.

Just for the record, Lisa (Wife) is very very educated, she works for the USGS and WSU, she's a scientist primarily a Mineralogist, I gone to College majoring in Forestry. So please don't assume we are a bunch of uneducated folks. If one needs a psycho doctor to hold a group together than the wrong people are in the group, if you don't get along with outdoorsmen then I will say you are going to have a lot of issues given the fact that the outdoorsmen type are going to be the majority in a TEOTWAWKI situation!

Last edited:

LOL
So the book ain't going so well then?
Actually, it's very relevant and I am one of the many degree qualifed on this site, so my intelligence is moot. Who do you think will join a group if the (alleged) leader has nothing to offer. So unless you have financial, sexual or or other wellbeing necesseties instead of skills or knowledge you're going to be a party of one.

Last edited:
@EdwardGein We all take constructive criticism here from time to time, it's not belittling it's that we all want everyone to succeed in surviving nothing more nothing less and I have taken my share of criticism but I don't take it personally unless it's a direct personal attack and none of that's been displayed here towards you at all and you calling out Sally was unwarranted. We wish to continue your OP given that it is a very important discussion!!!

Latest posts

Back