Tent

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepped123

Reaction score
In the event of financial fall apart would it be good to live off the land and to tent camp and eat meat or bug out to my bug out location and have that as a plan c or soforth.

Thanks,

Me personally " and only speaking for me" bugging out is my last resort. Why leave shelter an supplies ? Yes if :shtf and things are getting bad, and there is a safety issue for my family then we are gone. There are a lot of different ideas on this, some say leave right away or you can't get to a BOL " bug out location". What i do is this. 1) 3 day get home bags in each car.
2) 30 day bug out supply for all family member.
3) I have just bump this one up, 3 to 6 month supply at the house.

Hope this may help, look around the site and take bits and pieces to fit your needs.

Unless you have very good survival skills you will die in the forests. There berries that are poisonous, finding clean water big issue, finding food if your not a professional hunter or know how to fish, etc. So unless you grew up in the forests and grew up hunting and fishing that should be your last resort if at all.

If you think that might have to be your only option I highly suggest finding a national forest to camp out on during the weekends and get a feel of it. Knowing your environment is key to survival. Also if your in the states that has winters that's a whole other animal, winter tent camping, It sucks and its easy to freeze to death.

Latest posts

Back