Teenagers

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
My son's Friends drop by from time to time . One Girl is from a neighboring County thats very rual but famous World wide to some . She walks through the kitchen going to raid the fridge and screams . A Country ham Iv been slicing on was setting on the table and She thought it looked kind of scary. I would have thought She would have saw animals dressrd and processed where She comes from but I guess some Folks don't live that way anymore .

Some days I wonder if todays teenager even pays attention to what mom and dad may be doing at home, but then again just cause your rural doesn't mean anything now days. They seem so self absorbed. If its not on FB or whatever other social media they are into they probably don't know about it. Couldn't be any worse of a reaction when I was making hog head cheese when son 3's friend came for a visit. Thought he was in complete disgust. . . asking if we were really going to eat that. Heck yeah, what are you eatin, Ravioli, Ramen noodles?

So few even think about where our food comes from now. I have to admit that I was a product of our convent world too. The first chicken and rabbit I cleaned and ate was a little disturbing. I would imagine that with a major event happening a lot of the younger generation would have to grow up fast. The problem is, most don’t even know how to even start a fire or cook over it. There really would be a tough learning curve. That brings to mind the situation in peutro rico. I don’t see anything about their situation on the news at all. I believe about a third are still without power. That would be a good field trip for some high schoolers to go on for a few weeks to help out down there.

I will never forget the first time I saw a chicken killed,,,I was maybe 8 years old and was at my Grandfathers home,he had chickens all the time,GAME CHICKENS the kind that will fight,,,,anyways he ask me to catch him a chicken,so I catch him a chicken,I took it to him and he says hold tight and the next thing I know he whips out his pocket knife grabs the chickens head and cuts it off,,,,,,I never caught him another chicken.................

I think that may be true in many (most?) areas. But around here most all of the teenager's come from ranching or logging family's. Plus they all hunt, fish and/or trap. They know where their food comes from. All the teenager's that I've come in contact in this area are clean-cut, respectful and hard working. They give me hope for the future.

Some days I wonder if todays teenager even pays attention to what mom and dad may be doing at home, but then again just cause your rural doesn't mean anything now days. They seem so self absorbed. If its not on FB or whatever other social media they are into they probably don't know about it. Couldn't be any worse of a reaction when I was making hog head cheese when son 3's friend came for a visit. Thought he was in complete disgust. . . asking if we were really going to eat that. Heck yeah, what are you eatin, Ravioli, Ramen noodles?
I love homemade hoghead cheese. Another thing we make is turkey head cheese. Same thing, but we use the leftover turkey caucuses from thanksging and christmas dinners. Unlike the hogshead, the turkey has very little fat and is healthy for you, as well as more appealing to some.

Latest posts

Back