Teenage Prepping?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Army JROTC was fun, only went for the last 2 school years and i went to a week long boot camp which was cool. many schools in the houston area went and i had a blast.

Im a teenage prepper glad to see Im not the only one my family supports me mostly like helping me make fires and stuff although prepping is on a tight budget so cant get too much anyway kolydascope good luck with mini boot camp

I have a bugout location but, like Ghost Sniper said, it takes over an hour to get there on foot. I am getting my license soon though and since, hopefully, I will be getting a job within the next month, I can start saving for a car. I'm thinking as long as SHTF doesn't happen for around a year, I should be okay. But that's the thing, you never know when shits gonna happen.

Do any of you have advice for making a bow and arrow?
Things can go wrong tomorrow or 20 years from now, Do not fret about prepping, its a never ending task. You do what you can, if nothing else, gather information, join outdoorsy clubs, take up gardening (believe me this is a must skill, you can't just throw seeds in the ground pour some water and grow vegetables)

You could try to let them buy a shot gun. Use it for bird hunting and have a case that is locked so that your brothers can not get to it.

Also a teen! First I got a bug out bag together (stuff at my house) now i get 2 or 3 cans from my pantry and store them!

I wouldn't feel safe making a gun. Also i have startedstorung food in other places away from home

Try to refrain from that type of advice you are giving. Trying to make a firearm would be dangerous, especially for a teenager! Also it maybe a FEDERAL crime to do so without the proper licensing by the ATF. The last thing we need is to lead one of our young members into something bad happening. I am sure Clyde would also not want to take on any of the liability from this if someone got injured or killed.

OK so I've contacted the ATF, perhaps they will clear this up now, maybe not who knows, not sure what will happen now.

This thread is for teens so I will leave it at that. I agree as I suggested it contact me, that is still a possibility. I don't think that will happen though. I've dealt with a lot of such potential trolls and netstalkers I know their routine.

PS I find it curious that you guys joined when I started viewing this website... although potentially coincidence the fact my computer had trojans and I was viewing this website at the time you guys joined may be leading, not definite but leading.

The ATF website clearly states "For your information, per provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968, 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, an unlicensed individual may make a “firearm” as defined in theGCA for his own personal use, but not for sale or distribution."

source: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/firearms-technology.html

I stand by this citation, unless the ATF has been hacked, I really do want to see you back up your claims it is a felony to make your own gun. Anyone not only "trapper" kindly PM me if you have this information as well as post the citation of the information contradicting the ATF's statements on the legality of making your own firearms here.

I will take the the challenge. I understand this site gets traffic of all ages and mentalities. When people come on here and advocate people do something dangerous, especially young people, it is everyone's responsibility to protect those that may come into harms way. Go back and look at my first post. Thats all I did. When things turned worse and the personal attacks began I have the right to defend my position. If not the comments made seem to be ok and again some kid will take poorly given advice. Think of the liability it brings here if someone took that bad advice and was injured or even died. Sorry to say but I'm disappointed other adult members did not get involved telling him the same thing I did. As far as getting a moderator involved, I tried to do that also. I sent a message to Clyde several days ago with no response. I encourage you to report this thread, maybe this wont be allowed to go unchecked in the future. I know all you see is two people arguing. Perhaps if you were older you would see the big picture. Trust me it goes much beyond that. If I can prevent 1 kid from getting harmed it was well worth my time and aggravation.
If my reasoning is not good enough then I should be be asked to leave this forum and will graciously do so.

As you can see I deleted several posts from this thread. I did this as I felt after reading them that they were/are not productive. I did read the messages and I did understand where all parties were coming from. Valid points were made by both sides. I do appreciate people researching the topics, but I also greatly appreciate members stepping up to try and protect other members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back