Teenage Prepping?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finished my pocket survival kit, i am working on a video but for now here are the contents: 15 feet of thin cordage, a mini multi-tool, a fishing hook with attached wait and line, about 5 safety pins, water proof matches with a striker, a whistle, compass, and thermometer all in one, and a green pen light. Hope this helps.

Your welcome. If something peaks your interest I can point you in the right direction. Have to be careful with people selling plans on the Internet. Most are scammers. Hello PayPal I have a dispute. Been there a few times. But I can hopefully save you some trouble and won't charge a dime.

I have finished my pocket survival kit, i am working on a video but for now here are the contents: 15 feet of thin cordage, a mini multi-tool, a fishing hook with attached wait and line, about 5 safety pins, water proof matches with a striker, a whistle, compass, and thermometer all in one, and a green pen light. Hope this helps.
here is a link to the video, it doesnt have the 15 feet of cordage because it is in use elsewhere but it has everything else.

Just watched your video
Suggestions? Why not have a few actual fish hooks. For fire starter I use a lighter. I see it a lot where people have waterproof matches but while they are fine. You get more fires from a mini Bic than a handful of matches. Also have a firestarter with flint and a magnesium block. Works really good. Harbor freight sells them for around 5 bucks. Great thing is they are already waterproof. Ill post a video if my phone will let me of how to use one

Not having much luck shooting a video but while I was trying I remembered another item that is really good to have. Dryer lint. Keep some in a ziplock bag. Excellent firestarter I'm sure there are YouTube videos for using them.

Hope you have more luck with a video than I did. Every time I propped my phone up with a stick my dog kept knocking it over. Love that dog but sometimes you just want to choke em

My daughter joined the forum today, so she may pop over here at some point. Her name is Istealurfrenchfries. I talk about the forum and she's curious about everyone here.

My daughter joined the forum today, so she may pop over here at some point. Her name is Istealurfrenchfries. I talk about the forum and she's curious about everyone here.
I hope she enjoys the forum. we have a conversation going between us teens, and id be happy to give her the last spot open! :)

Im glad to see that were gaining a good foothold with the teens :) I added her to the conversation between us teens, we were discussing some different ideas on radios and budget preps today.

Love the dollar tree for budget preps I have a tiny budget for prepping. once we have our own home I hope to expand it and get some bigger items.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364267909.892332.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364267936.056104.jpg

I have added these to my BOB.
They are a self sticking flexible bandage made of latex( non latex available) and work just as well as an ACE bandage.
They are designed for horses and such.
Got mine at the feed store for around $2.50 each. Many colors available.
Pet stores may have them also. I have used them myself off and on around 10 years now.

When you have your own money you can buy what you want.
Unless you are using that gun to hunt, other items like food and water and shelter like a bivy are going to be priority shelter items. A knife will do more than enough damage if you know how to use it in close quarters.

When I was in Algeria I wasn't allowed to have a gun. Non military work. There were a few times that I wish I was packing. If it got real over there my thought was. I don't have a gun. They do. All I need is a well placed rock and I've now got a gun. All it takes is a little guerrilla warfare to arm yourself if you aren't armed to begin with. Granted not the most favorable scenario but you make the best of a bad situation. If you can't buy a gun. Invest in good camo and wait. Eventually someone will come along with a gun. Hope it never gets to that point but it could.

When I was in Algeria I wasn't allowed to have a gun. Non military work. There were a few times that I wish I was packing. If it got real over there my thought was. I don't have a gun. They do. All I need is a well placed rock and I've now got a gun. All it takes is a little guerrilla warfare to arm yourself if you aren't armed to begin with. Granted not the most favorable scenario but you make the best of a bad situation. If you can't buy a gun. Invest in good camo and wait. Eventually someone will come along with a gun. Hope it never gets to that point but it could.
true, you only need enough to steal the other guys gun, so pretty much anything will work, but your own gun is ideal :m4:

I have a bugout location but, like Ghost Sniper said, it takes over an hour to get there on foot. I am getting my license soon though and since, hopefully, I will be getting a job within the next month, I can start saving for a car. I'm thinking as long as SHTF doesn't happen for around a year, I should be okay. But that's the thing, you never know when shits gonna happen.

Do any of you have advice for making a bow and arrow?

for a bow use hickory wood. i dont have enough time to explain how to make an arrow but i'll try to post a video within the next couple of days it pretty simple though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back