Tactical Shorts

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacOp87

Reaction score
Just picked up 2pairs of LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Shorts. Have to say these are awesome. The link for them is http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-operator-short.html

I was a little iffy for the $20 price tag but now that I have them they're worth every penny. Living in Southern California it's hard to go out every day with my full tax pants and I finally found another alternative just thought I would share with all. If you guys want I'll grab ronin and we can do a full review. But for $20 you really can't go wrong. I really have a hard time with 5.11 because they're so proud of their products. Ie they're way too expensive for my blood. But these LAPG have plenty of room lots of pockets for my EDC and are super comfy. Now I just have to find a comfy alternative to my desert boots that go with shorts. Lol any suggestions?
image.jpg

Pretty much what I have with my GHB/BOB, along with a fishing shirt (which also has pockets).
Add on the hiking boots, and I pretty much just look like a nature hiker vs. Rambo.

Just as important, my clothes' pockets are already pre-loaded with items, so any SHTF event, and I'm doing a quick change of clothes into these, throwing on my backpack, and heading for home. (if I have to ditch the truck). Either way, I'm changing clothes though, driving or not, instead of work clothes.

i saw gammaw wearing shorts and combat boots the other day.i can tell ya now..that aint no pretty sight..LMAO

i havent been much on wearing shorts since i was a kid.but yet i will wear a t-shirt and blue jeans in a heartbeat thoe

I'll usually get my gear from a store named varusteleka, if you wanna check what they have go to www.varusteleka.fi, unfortunately even their prices have gone up, but they have a pretty good selection of things from allaround the world

Great ideas. Hey Jim Wish u had a picture of gamma in her boots!! Lmao I'm thinking the 6" version of my desert boots or my running shoes so I blend in down here in cityfied so cal. Lol. Off to work tonight in the new shorts I'll let you all know how they hold up. I'm expecting great results. Have them loaded up with my badge. 3 pocket folders. (Cold steel large espada, cold steel Rajah 2, and cold steel hold out. ) along with my pepper spray,handcuffs, cell phone, wallet, and Glock 27. And still have room to spare!!

My dad says that grown men don't wear shorts.:p Seriously, though.... He does. I think it's because his legs are so pale and he has varicose veins and what not. He's been married for ever and 20 years though, so I still don't get it.

I'm down with shorts as long as I don't look too tac'ed out. I stick out enough in a crowd, so I stick with Dickies, Carhartt, and similar. I'm diggin' the coyote and olive ones, though... I'll look them up. I still need to order a couple knives too, but this upcoming move has me pinching pennies everywhere. 5.11 is definitely out because of their "Proud" pricing. We find their pants on sale here once in a while, but they're too tactical for everyday use(In my routine). I do like a couple of their bags, but they are definitely geared towards LEOs.

I'd like to see a good review of them once they've been washed and worn a week or so.

well, friends, a good pair of shorts keep our nuts cool so we don't fry 'em,and they last and last... ;) the shorts of course....

I went for shorts due to the FL heat. Mine come down to my knees. Honestly, I wouldn't want loaded pockets on my lower leg anyhow, as the weight just feels "wrong" there. Both the shorts and my fishing shirt (vented with pockets) are kind of an OD green, but not a military shade. A good shade to allow for concealment, without shouting "I'm a prepper!".....

Handled great at work last night. I can't remember the last time I wore shorts at work. Always long pants. But they were super comfy the whole time. No issues whatsoever. Got a few compliments too even from the ladies!! Lmao!!

hey,ladies like nice legs as we guys like nice legs :)
but to be serious a good pair of shorts that last and last are worth every penny, had a pair of german tropentarn trousers,their desert coloring, as the long pants came to the end of their lifespan I made shorts out of them

Latest posts

Back