Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I just had to post this.

Watch the commercial for the new t.v. show Revolution, and check out the woman's crossbow. It look like it is built backwards in several scenes. It look like she is pointing it at herself.

Does anyone know if there are crossbows built in such a fashion?

If this is an error, talk about a lack of attention to detail.

I will see if i can find a picture or two of this.

Dblstr19

Jr Member
Reaction score
This is no error. Your seeing it right. The crossbow she is using is a Barnett vengeance. Its their newest crossbow. I was able to shoot one at cabelas no to long ago. Very nice to shoot. Well balanced and nice and compact.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
This is no error. Your seeing it right. The crossbow she is using is a Barnett vengeance. Its their newest crossbow. I was able to shoot one at cabelas no to long ago. Very nice to shoot. Well balanced and nice and compact.
You nailed it ! How did you like it ?

Colt 1911

Reaction score
I have a cheap one, and the trigger is so hard I end up jerking the shot. Kind of hate it !!

Dblstr19

Jr Member
Reaction score
I don't currently own a crossbow. I am shooting s compound bow a diamond black ice. But after shooting the vengeance I want to get it.

Colt 1911

Reaction score
I don't currently own a crossbow. I am shooting s compound bow a diamond black ice. But after shooting the vengeance I want to get it.
Recurve for me, vengeance is out out my league, price wise. picked up this target, like it a lot.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Ok bows, cross bows, and compound bows.....
this is a weapon I have absolutely no experience at and the few times I have shot one I end up smacking my forearm with the string.

I am certainly up for any suggestions for a newbie archer.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
There is another problem I have. No place to practice. Wife might get a bit upset of i start shooting in the house.
just a suggestion, but use your garage, put some chip board behind your target as not to mess up your walls with off-shots, and open your garage for a bit further distances.
as far as the show, i find it quite hard to believe all power would shut down w/o solar, wind/water turbine technology coming to take place. well except for a little keychain source like a tesla coil that works for some reason. hell even i can build a fan that can generate electricity.
however, i do see it coming down to primitave weapons because lack of bullets, gunpowder, etc.
interesting show non the less.