swordsmithing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if using it for a weapon, what training do you have? are you after single edge or double edge? what materials are you considering for the hilt? will it have finger guards on it, what about the shape, does it need to penitrate armour? whats the ideal weight and length for you? personally I would measure from my wrist to the inside of my armpit and look at that as the starting length.

I started martial arts training at age 7 and have been training with edged weapons ever since.

Dannyboy does ask some good questions if you are looking into the art of sword fighting, but for general SHTF situations many of those question are irrelevant since most will be using a sword as a last resort. Without proper training you are just as likely to hurt yourself as you are to hurt your opponent.

I started martial arts training at age 7 and have been training with edged weapons ever since.

Dannyboy does ask some good questions if you are looking into the art of sword fighting, but for general SHTF situations many of those question are irrelevant since most will be using a sword as a last resort. Without proper training you are just as likely to hurt yourself as you are to hurt your opponent.

Or have it taken off you and used against you.

I've worked with a boken since high school, a friend got me into in and I kinda liked the workout . that was ,.....god somewhere in the late 80's. the "300" sword just looks intimidating , its more of shock factor that anything, I got my .45 on my hip all the time and my m4 under my back seat.

if you have a grinder you can make a pretty decent knife out of a sawzall blade and wood and tape i made one it was nice but i didnt have a good blade on it but i had a saw on it and looked badass

Latest posts

Back