Swiss army knife

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that, cool! That means I have a fake SAK though as i just ripped off the other scale to see if it was celluloid. Nope, some other non-flammable plastic.

Are you sure you would want to swap the celluloid for aluminum? Celluloid is made from nitrocellulose and camphor, highly flammable stuff! It makes for a good waterproof fire starter fuel that can be lit with a spark...
I tried it, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I like the aluminum scales because they seem very durable. I even found ones made out of titanium. See below:

https://duckduckgo.com/y.js?ad_prov...B5052A89960350F1340E8A9646146&ID=DevEx,5711.1

I agree with your points, but I reach a different conclusion.

I don't think anyone suggests that an SAK is a universal fix-all that's perfect for everything.

I have several Leatherman and Gerber multi-tools . . . along with a large collection of sheath knives, hatchets, hacksaws, bolt cutters, and so on.

My preferred sheath knife is a dive knife with a 6 inch blade. I work and play in a very sweaty, humid, semi-tropical environment, so a dive knife is better for resistance to rust and corrosion.

I usually carry different kinds of knives when I'm carrying, and the SAK gets used the most.

When I was on an ambulance as a paramedic, I used my Leatherman tool the most. The pliers were great for opening the valve on an oxygen cylinder if the O2 wrench was missing . . . and for picking up dirty sharps so that I don't get stuck by a needle from an addict.

The blade in the Leatherman is perfect for cutting seatbelts, and the bottle opener is good for prying open certain kinds of car doors.

Foreign cars? 😅 Just kidding, I think the metal is probably better than domestic these days. But hard to compete with a 50s IH truck, for rugged bodywork!

So how exactly does that work anyway?

Foreign cars? 😅 Just kidding, I think the metal is probably better than domestic these days. But hard to compete with a 50s IH truck, for rugged bodywork!

So how exactly does that work anyway?
I can get in by a few different ways.

The sharp prong on the bottle opener can be used to strike the corner of a tempered glass window, and the window turns into glass crumbs.

The bottle opener can also be inserted into the keyhole of some cars, and the key cylinder can be ripped out if you know how and put in some practice . . . usually in a junkyard. There are other techniques as well.

Latest posts

Back